Halo Reach Noble Six inpired costume for 10yr old (Pic Heavy)

CoolDad

Hello everyone,

I've been lurking for a long time and recently joined. I am currently working on a Halo Reach Noble Six inspired Spartan costume for my 10yr old son for Halloween.

I am building it from scratch from cardboard, hot glue, and bondo. So far I have the top half done and the bottom half built but not painted.

Last night I got the request to build an energy sword. After thinking there would be no way I could get it done, I got to work. After a few hours last night and today I have a good start. The lights are just wrapped on it for a test.

Well to the the pictures. There are a few quick fit tests. He will have black sweats on under the armor. It gets cold and or snowy here on Halloween so warmth has to be built in.

I hope you all enjoy this as much as I have.

Over the last two days I have completed quite a bit. I have painted the leg and foot pieces. I have also finished the prep and paint of the energy sword. All I have left now is to attach the EL wire strip to the sword and buy some gloves, then have my son do a full suit up. The suit up minus gloves should be on Friday so I am very excited. I also built a bracket that attaches to the back of the chest/back piece and allows the sword to hang on his back while trick or treating. :)

Well it is finally done. Here are the full suit up photos. The sword now has EL wire on it and lights up. I am now making him a trick or treat bag that is black and has UNSC and the eagle logo on it in glow in the dark paint. He definitely got a kick out of being suited up. :lol

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back