Halo Reach - Custom Mjolnir Mk. VI

Ahuizotl

After realising most people with armour at October's MCM London expo were RPF users, I finally decided to create an account.

Most of my work in progress threads are on the 405th, but my photobucket albums also contain all the photos.

Here are the clearest complete images of my pepakura Reach armour (Although I later made a foam ab section to hide the bunched up clothing). Images can be clicked for full size versions.
For size reference, I'm 182cm, or 6'0", and the hammer is 160cm:

Vanity 7.png

A couple of pictures of the Hammer and MA37. The MA37 is an extruded polystyrene foam sculpt, and the hammer (While mostly pepakura/resin) is reinforced with a metal skeleton and expanding polyurethane insulation foam:

Here's my album from the 2013 London MCM Expo
I wasn't able to take many photos as I walked around, so if you have any of me please share them"
Some of my favourite photos from the album:
iNWwdeU.jpg XB0edqY.jpg pm3CluI.jpg YI5g0YX.jpg CBUBQb4.jpg

nice build dude! what is the black material you used just around the armpit/shoulder/side area?

It's some scrap 5mm foam I had lying around. I think it was from some sort of camping mat. One side was shiny, as if laminated, and the other was quite a dark matte black due to having very small bubbles.

I used the same stuff on the collar and the ab section.

Just in case you were actually referring to the black bit between the foam and the blue part of the chestpiece, that's just fibreglass/pepakura spray painted black. These picture may make it clearer:

Basic paint job, no padding
Foam added, high view
Foam added, low view

Last edited:
This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back