Female Destiny hunter armour WIP

Discussion in 'Replica Costumes' started by JediFran, Sep 20, 2015.

1. JediFran

JediFran Member

So I have finally decided to begin my adventures in EVA foam and start with some destiny hunter armour

I've been a huge fan of the game for some time but never had a proper chance to play due to work. With the launch of the taken king I have started a new character and am hoping to join my husband in London at MCM expo in his gear.

I have decided to go with the fairly recognisable iron regalia.
    I made a paper template on my mannequin and then cut out the basic armour from EVA.
    I then heat gunned as needed and shaped.

I used hot hot glue to stick everything together.

For details I used craft foam and a leather belt - lol. I couldn't work out how to get the right curve in the craft foam.
    so far I have only done one half of the armour and still need to do detailing.

As as you can see I used screws and boots to put together the front armour plate.

I have chosen the dustwalker cloak and so far have only cut out the skull ;)

next steps: deciding on the wig (I am doing a fallen) and my hand cannon and working on my cloak :)

feedback welcome

Ps apologies for multiple attachment duplicates. Doing this from iPad and struggling. But you get the idea!

Attached Files:

JWKruser, MadBlake and Khaylain like this.
  2. CLOTHAR

CLOTHAR Active Member

Great start. The Chest piece is looking really nice!

JWKruser likes this.
  3. Khaylain

Khaylain New Member

Looking good. I'll need to keep an eye out for this build.

4. Alpha Proto

Alpha Proto Sr Member

You are off to a good start. I am subscribing to this to see where it goes.

5. JediFran

JediFran Member

Made some progress today as I had a day off from work :)

thanks for for the comments so far

i have finished the other side of the armour and tackled the strapping issue (at least as a test)
    through this I decided to debulk radicically - I am dangerously close to titan territory on bulk of armour even where I am now!
    I have basically removed the armour going under my arms and also replaced the front armour plate with something more stream line - (I.e. Before it was Eva foam and craft foam, now it is craft foam and worbla)

its all a bit messy at the moment, still working on detailing bit by bit :) and will finalise the strapping later

I have chosen a wig as well and will order that this week

http://arda-wigs.com/shop/jaguar-classic/

need to work on the shoulders but need more craft foam for that :)

going to the army surplus store on Saturday for supplies and to look for any good bits and bobs for my belt.

More to follow!

Attached Files:

MadBlake, kialna and creative stress like this.
  6. sparton110

sparton110 Well-Known Member

Looking really good. Liking the worbla detail a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Hexvas

Hexvas Active Member

I'm planning on doing a hunter as well, if I can consistently keep working on it :rolleyes

I really enjoy the look of the iron regalia chest armor and look forward to seeing more :thumbsup

8. Militicus

Militicus Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Love destiny, want to do a hunter also....eventually. I think I'm project add

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

9. MadBlake

MadBlake Active Member

Looking great excellent detailing, I'll be keeping my eyes posted to this. My fiancé and me plan on doing a hunter and titan so eventually I will have to make her hunter for her. Hopefully I can find other great pieces like yours to reference from.

10. JediFran

JediFran Member

Thanks for the comments :)

So I have today made a little progress in the sense that I have procured soft parts for the costume
    i have bought some cheap trousers and a top and some fabrics - some quilted fabrics and mock suede.

Have also bought some belts, more webbing and some pouches from the bargain bin in the surplus store for a few £.

I am am using my Tuzo motorcycle boots from my judge Dredd build for the costume as I never managed to finish that build for a number of reasons. I reckon that will work out quite well.

For the trousers i intend to sew a panel on the inside leg - a little like riding trousers.
    For the top I have mocked up the top as I intend to sew it. I am wondering though if I should use the blue fabric instead? My husband thinks the colours are all looking a bit muted ATM. Haha.
    The Armor will obviously be a bronze and white colour.

I have ordered my hand canon (fate bringer) and hunter knife from etsy and my wig :)

Pretty pleased with where it's going so far.

Will have a ve a little time off this week - but working tomorrow in the ED so no rest for the wicked.

Thanks for looking :)

comments welcome

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

SofaKing01 likes this.
  11. B Wo

B Wo Well-Known Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Your costume looks fantastic. Great choice going with the Iron Regalia armor.

12. JediFran

JediFran Member

Did the PVA coat and a spray coat with primer today

then started the tedious task of hand painting with citadel GW paints :) I used to paint 'semi-professionally' and competitively so work well with these paints. And it's all about the devil you know! Although usually obviously on a muuuuch smaller scale. Haha

it looks really shoddy right now. Mainly because I am missing the black contrast and haven't started my favourite part! (Weathering) but I am confident it will get better :)

will start art the detail on the tree this evening when I have finished the weathering to the chest plate

thanks for looking

Attached Files:

13. JediFran

JediFran Member

Quick free free hand with chalk pens. Will need to go over it again with paint.
    Also need to buy myself some more light silver and washes to weather. All mine have dried out. Argh.
    I should buy shares in citadel. Seriously.
    Still a WIP.

image.jpg

CLOTHAR likes this.
  14. JediFran

JediFran Member

Small update
    still working on some of the weathering.
    All taken a bit of a back step as I had a seizure on Thursday which put me out of action for a few days.
    Anyway. Still pushing onwards

image.jpg image.jpg

15. CLOTHAR

CLOTHAR Active Member

The build is looking great! Hope you are feeling better.

16. JWKruser

JWKruser Active Member

Good job so far! Keep it up!

17. JediFran

JediFran Member

More slow but steady progress today :) did some further weathering (I am obsessed with weathering) and worked on the strapping.

Also very excitingly had the wig and contacts arrive so did a play around. This is the first time I have ever covered my eye brows to lighten them - I have naturally very dark, bold brows. I covered them with wax and then drew on new ones with powder and pencil. It makes a huge difference to the face.
    Also found some Matt face powder for contouring and highlighting the face

getting excited about this now! Not long to go!
    Working on boots and soft parts tomorrow
    x

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

B Wo likes this.
  18. JediFran

JediFran Member

Did my boot armour and some work on the shoulders today :)

image.jpg image.jpg

Attached Files:

19. padmik

padmik New Member

Looks fantastic!

20. JediFran

JediFran Member

Expo is a few days away - last push!

Waiting for gloves, belt and working on my grenade and hand cannon.
    need to attach my cloak too (have a dust walker cloak :))

pics so far

Attached Files: