Halo 4 Master Chief Foam Build

PartsandKrafts

Halo 4 Master Chief Costume

MCwBR6.jpg

This year I built a Master Chief Costume from Halo 4. The suit is made almost entirely out of foam flooring mats and craft foam. I originally intended to use modified Pepakura files for the build, but I started way too late so I ended up building from scratch for the most part. This is only my second attempt at trying to build a costume using foam (the first was a Mass Effect build), so in terms of experience I am pretty new. In case the pics you are seeing look familiar - I have these on my blog as well (partsandkrafts.blogspot.com). Still me, and I will upload a proof photo onto this thread once I get home tonight.
shoulderandchest.jpgchestmontage.jpg

I started with the chest and upper arms. The first picture of the chest was based off of a pepakura file, but as I said, that was taking too long, so I just did the rest from reference. The chest piece is attached to a motorcycle jacket by plastic snap buckles at the top, and velcro at the bottom. The upper arms are just glued onto the jacket. I built the forearms next, and then put a coat of plastidip over the foam.
bracers.jpg20131013_204014.jpg

The thruster pack was my next step. It ended up being bigger than I had intended, but I did not have time to rebuild. I used some bent steel rods to mount the backpack on my back with some velcro so that it could be easily removed.

20131013_203833.jpg20131015_115807.jpg

After that was built, I made the boots, and threw some paint on the suit. Given that I am somewhat shorter than Master Chief, I built the boots with a wedge inside it so that it would increase my height by a lot, but still (hopefully) look like a standard boot.

bootprogress.jpg20131030_213333.jpg20131021_210624.jpg

Sadly it was the week before Halloween by this point, so I needed to cheat a bit on the helmet. I took the Halo 3 Legendary Game case, took it apart, dremeled it all out, glued in a paintball visor, and glued it all back together.

helmetunpainted.jpg

From there, it was mostly just more paint, and modifying a nerf gun to look like a battle rifle.

IMG_7055.JPG

Again, I will post a proof picture later tonight, and if there is any additional question, I can put something additional on my blog as extra proof. Thanks for taking a look, and please let me know what you think!

Attachments

• chestwcodpiece.jpg
    chestwcodpiece.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 157
  • MCglare.png
    MCglare.png
    180.1 KB · Views: 211
Last edited:
This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back