HalloweenCostumes.com “Back to the Future Hoverboard”

ruscoe

If you thought nobody dare to release an officially-licensed hoverboard that looked worse than the MattyCollector hoverboard, you thought wrong…

back-to-the-future-hoverboard.jpg back-to-the-future-hoverboard-back.jpg back-to-the-future-hoverboard-box.jpg

http://www.halloweencostumes.com/back-to-the-future-hoverboard.html

It looks like they got the same factory to make the board and then just modified the graphics to remove the Mattel logo.

I can understand why it would be cheap to use existing moulds and tooling, but why not update the decals to at least make them a bit more accurate?

At least it’s only $48.99. That could make a nice cheap base for anyone wanting to apply some of Roland’s decals…

And it doesn't come with the annoying sound module that rattles around everywhere? Sign me up, this is an upgrade as far as I'm concerned. Haha (though how the hell did they get rid of the handlebar hole?!")

-Nick

“This replica prop is an exact recreation from the one seen in Back to the Future II.”

:facepalm

I'll bet they just stickered over the handlebar hole.

Odd though that they would neglect the battery pack and remove the slotted parts from the magnet pads?

Still, as mentioned - I'd buy it for $50 just to use it as a light weight base. Roland, you should do a run of accurate decals for these!

Last edited by a moderator:
“This replica prop is an (almost) exact recreation from the one seen on mattycollector.com”

:facepalm

I fixed it for them. :D

... @Roland, you should do a run of accurate decals for these!

I would like to do it, but unfortunately I sold my large printer last year.

I'd buy it for $50 just to use it as a light weight base. ...

$50 for using it as a base is a good price. I would buy it if international shipping wouldn't double the price.

Last edited by a moderator:
There's a good number of threads, here's the big one:

http://www.therpf.com/f9/mattycollector-mattel-hoverboard-discussion-139326/index116.html

A lot of people here that got the Matty board upgraded it by getting one of Roland's sticker decal upgrades. It was a modified version of his board graphics specifically to fit around the odd positions and shapes of the Matty boards magnets, etc.

People also upgraded the foot pad with the proper 2" wide white webbing and pink fur.

I couldnt afford to buy an aftermarket Matty board on EBay (they were going for $300-$450) so I ended up making my own. But this HC one might be a good base for upgrading. But I wished the magnets and battery pack was there!

There's a good number of threads, here's the big one:

http://www.therpf.com/f9/mattycollector-mattel-hoverboard-discussion-139326/index116.html

A lot of people here that got the Matty board upgraded it by getting one of Roland's sticker decal upgrades. It was a modified version of his board graphics specifically to fit around the odd positions and shapes of the Matty boards magnets, etc.

People also upgraded the foot pad with the proper 2" wide white webbing and pink fur.

I couldnt afford to buy an aftermarket Matty board on EBay (they were going for $300-$450) so I ended up making my own. But this HC one might be a good base for upgrading. But I wished the magnets and battery pack was there!

I could make do with just some velcro, furry-strap, Mattel logo decals, and a battery pack. I don't need the lenticular or anything like that.

Yeah, I remember when those Mattel boards came out. I laughed at the $120 price, now I wish I bought a few.

Very true. Just a few easy mods and it could be a decent "carry it around a convention" type board.

Rolands upgrade had a more accurate sticker with better graphics, but no lenticular.

Very true. Just a few easy mods and it could be a decent "carry it around a convention" type board.

Rolands upgrade had a more accurate sticker with better graphics, but no lenticular.

Yup, that's about it for me. I might not even need the velcro for that. Just the other stuff.

i did mine got a march 15th too this is a steal for a nice cosplay prop! whats the cost on mattel stickers like 25 cents?? lol even just to hold during photos at cons a stock board would be fine like its already been said pretty much no one else notices the little things also that box?! these guys might not have the most accurate stuff but theyre boxes are great lol

i did mine got a march 15th too this is a steal for a nice cosplay prop! whats the cost on mattel stickers like 25 cents?? lol even just to hold during photos at cons a stock board would be fine like its already been said pretty much no one else notices the little things also that box?! these guys might not have the most accurate stuff but theyre boxes are great lol

Yeah, for a con all I want is the Mattel stickers, the fuzzy strap, and something to cover that branding where the battery would have been.

Yeah, for a con all I want is the Mattel stickers, the fuzzy strap, and something to cover that branding where the battery would have been.
i know joannes sells the fuzzy pink material and office depot should be able to make like sheets of these mattel stickers for a buck or so the battery pice can be made pretty easily from foam or maybe someone will start a cast piece run

Pre ordered it too. My "convention" board is made of Sintra but I think an injection molded one like this will be easier to carry and I wont be afraid if it gets dinged.

I'll probably make a simple battery pack, upgrade the footpad with fur and webbing, add some Mattel decals. If i get ambitious I'll swap in a modified Roland graphic. Maybe fix those magnet extensions in the future!

i know joannes sells the fuzzy pink material and office depot should be able to make like sheets of these mattel stickers for a buck or so the battery pice can be made pretty easily from foam or maybe someone will start a cast piece run

I got craft/fabric stores all around me, including joannes.

If someone is willing to provide the file for a sheet of Mattels, that can be printed at home on sticker paper or decals or whatever too.

Yeah, I'm sure someone will come up with something.

i just pre-ordered mine!! yay.. should be a good base as is to display the shoes lol

- - - Updated - - -

if someone can get me the files.. i have a good vynil spot that has been good to me ...

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back