Halloween Movie Recommendations

Doctor Sleep was really good, watched it for the first time yesterday. I am really surprised how much I enjoyed it and how much filmmaking craft went into it.

I'll probably check out Reanimator and From Beyond later, they've been sorely missing from my checklist.

Trick r Treat is watched on Halloween every year in my house.

I usually start with the original Halloween and make my way through all of them, including Halloween Season of The Witch.

For a laugh I’ll throw in Young Frankenstein (sh-teen)

Trick r Treat is a all time classic and if you like that check out The Mortuary Collection. An anthology of a few short stories with great ambiance and production value.

I’ve watched a ton of classic and recent horror movies over the last year or two and can say the only one that stands out as creepy or ‘scary’ if you want to use that word is Hereditary (2018). You have to follow the plot but there is a couple scenes that may creep you out if you’re home alone...If youre just looking for a fun Halloween movie to get you in the spirit, Tales of Halloween (2015) has become a staple of mine to watch this time of year.

I'm not a horror fan, but do enjoy a bit of spoopy halloween movies. I made a list that I've been picking from to watch across October not got many watched though haha

Yet to watch:
Addams Family, Addams Family Values, Bewitched, Stardust, The Craft sequel (in a few days when it's released), Practical Magic, Donnie Darko, Beautiful Creatures, various Dracula movies, The Witches, Buffy, Labyrinth, Ghostbusters movies, BeetleJuice, Nightmare Before Christmas, Interview with the Vampire, Queen of the Damned, Dark Shadows, Harry Potters, Mortal, Ghost, various Werewolf movies, Bednobs and Broomsticks, The Prophecy.

So far I've watched (and my /10 score):
Coco 8, The Covenant 3, Hocus Pocus 8, The Craft 6, Casper 5, Sleepy Hollow 4, Corpse Bride 5, Coraline 5, The Frighteners 3.

I'm not a horror fan, but do enjoy a bit of spoopy halloween movies. I made a list that I've been picking from to watch across October not got many watched though haha

Yet to watch:
Addams Family, Addams Family Values, Bewitched, Stardust, The Craft sequel (in a few days when it's released), Practical Magic, Donnie Darko, Beautiful Creatures, various Dracula movies, The Witches, Buffy, Labyrinth, Ghostbusters movies, BeetleJuice, Nightmare Before Christmas, Interview with the Vampire, Queen of the Damned, Dark Shadows, Harry Potters, Mortal, Ghost, various Werewolf movies, Bednobs and Broomsticks, The Prophecy.

So far I've watched (and my /10 score):
Coco 8, The Covenant 3, Hocus Pocus 8, The Craft 6, Casper 5, Sleepy Hollow 4, Corpse Bride 5, Coraline 5, The Frighteners 3.
Ive always wanted to see the Frighteners, it looks like a cheaper, Peter Jackson version of Beetlejuice, why didn’t you care for it?

Ive always wanted to see the Frighteners, it looks like a cheaper, Peter Jackson version of Beetlejuice, why didn’t you care for it?
Hmmm... I guess others like Beetlejuice, Teen Wolf, Etc. have the benefit of nostalgia as I watched when young, but Frighteners was new to me. But they also have characters that get your emotional investment from early on, which wasn’t there for Frighteners. Instead there is an element of mystery/secret backstory that you don’t find out until late in the movie, but without it being present it’s hard to find empathy or relate to the characters as they seem kinda superficial/unlikable and illogical (due to the missing information). I guess I like Michael J Fox as the relatable Everyman, and in this movie he’s more of a petty thief without much character until late in the piece. But being a bit of a murder mystery also, it also wasn’t as much spooky fun as the others, but didn’t pull of a suspenseful mystery alternative well either.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back