Halloween costumes air mag conversion

It seems to be attached slightly differently or something. Perhaps it's because of the excess foam in the HC's, but the uppermost point doesn't seem to lean in as much, making the 'wings' come up (see attached pic) - thinking about that, pity the V2's didn't have more foam in the grey upper (not the collar)
View attachment 560576

Rather than have made a new shoe, it would have been awesome if they just made an unbranded version of the V2. That way those that wanted to put the smaller, more accurate SWOOSH could do so.

yes, a smooth-side V2 with no branding would have been great. Oh well, we've got what we've got...... unless this magical V3 ever appears. There might have never been any replicas made at all, due to the fact the MAG isn't a mainstream sneaker like the Jordans and AirMax's, just something featured in a movie. So things could always have been worse....

yes, a smooth-side V2 with no branding would have been great. Oh well, we've got what we've got...... unless this magical V3 ever appears. There might have never been any replicas made at all, due to the fact the MAG isn't a mainstream sneaker like the Jordans and AirMax's, just something featured in a movie. So things could always have been worse....

And why markpoon will always be our hero :)

Attachments

• NIKE AIR MAG Replica 1.JPG
    NIKE AIR MAG Replica 1.JPG
    268.8 KB · Views: 115
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi guys it has been a while since I posted about by mods so here what I been up to for the past month or two.

First I wanted to solve many problems with the HC mags, many of these problems are the uppers,the toe box, the ankle bubble,Nike straps, and the tongue.
I tackled the toe box which is simply doing the way @cavx does. the second thing I tackled was the tongue I searched mainly the Nike mag V2 mod thread, this is where the RPF community is awesome, after reading a bit and hearing about the tongue mod. I began looking for templates @cavx sent me a template he used when he was making homemade mags after sizing it making templates I bought some vinyl and used some 3mm craft foam. The next thing I tackled and feared of messing up, I tried to plan it carefully. Construction the new upper was difficult to explain but basically it was unstitching the white part inside of the cuff and removing the foam part of the cuff area, using another template from cavx:)lol wow I've mentioned cavx like 3 times it's starting to sound like he made these shoes) once the template was cut out onto some 3mm foam I split it in half giving me 2 pieces in the end 4 pieces will be used for the upper it's basically stuffing one on the 2 templates and cutting the fabric and fold it over the triangular cut out. Once that it done i used the remaining half and glued onto of the foam with fabric folded over and cut and glued down the upper white. These are the mods I've done so far still more to come (strap not complete yet)(ankle bubble looks blue but is white in person Ugh cameras) BTW does anyone has pic of glasses mods I never saw it due to him being banned.
image.jpegIMG_2962.JPGIMG_2957.JPGIMG_2956.JPGimage.jpegDisplay pair.JPGimage.jpeg

Last edited:
This is for RVLF and for those that wanted to know how I fixed the tongue problem its done by first cutting out the template (I will provide at a later time) onto some 3mm foam.
Once the foam is cut of find a sheet of white vinyl that can cover the foam tongue. Using spray adhesive spray it on the sheet of vinyl and place the foam down once the foam is placed down from fold over the excess vinyl over the foam covering it. Once you let the adhesive dry cut around the vinyl leaving some space so you have a border of vinyl glue on top of vinyl. After your tongue is cut out cut out the tongue out of the old shoe. But leave some excess where the tongue is attached at the front. Insert your new tongue into your shoe. Apply some super glue on the front of your new tongue and while folding over the the excess of the old tongue into the upper of the shoe attached the glued area to the excess fabirc. Then you should have your new tongue.

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks for these instructions, but I was talking about fixing/sewing the tongue to the shoe (I already made a post about making the tongue here ;) )
Do you have pictures of this process (sewing / glueing or what ever you did to attach it) and the result (with closeups please :D) ?

thanks for these instructions, but I was talking about fixing/sewing the tongue to the shoe (I already made a post about making the tongue here ;) )
Do you have pictures of this process (sewing / glueing or what ever you did to attach it) and the result (with closeups please :D) ?
I didn't sew the tongue, glueing it will be self explanatory, I didn't capture the process.

Last edited:
ok, but can you explain what you've done and how and post some pictures of the result ?
I'm hésitating on how I'll do this on the HC and the V2. For the moment they're still just sitting between the real tongue and the laces.

In hind sight, I'd probably just glue the tongue as well.

When I stitched mine in, I laid the tongue upide down facing the toe. I had to cut my factory tongue and I then stitched the curved tab at the end to this new tab. Then I fed the toungue up under the laces. Cutting the tongue was scary and I would not do that again.

When I sewed the tongue into my US8 pair, the upper was off the shoe, so I had full access to the inside. Again, I might sew a tongue if I was doing a full sock toe slim mod and do this whilst the toe is all open.

Gluing would work if you trust the glue you are using is both strong flexible.

How do u apply this ?

If you guys wanna unyellow your shoes..cheap way is to go to sallys and buy 40 volume hydrogen paroxide cream...i got 50 but thats only for ppl with a business license... make sure to get the red color... some people have stated that the sole creams they sell are really just re-packaged salon care cream

I will try it this weekend and let you know
View attachment 544420

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

please, post your before and after pictures results if you can, I've been very curious about these creams :rolleyes

As has been said before, these creams are just a band aid solution. The oxidation goes right through the cross section, so even if you manage to "bleach" the surface, the rubber right to the core is still yellow.

First Test of my shoes - comic con germany, they worked fine until the right one turned off (original electronics inside -.-' ) and i've lost the letter 'A' from the 'MAG' :cry

but all in all it was a great day and many people recognized these shoes =) :thumbsup

002.jpg

First Test of my shoes - comic con germany, they worked fine until the right one turned off (original electronics inside -.-' ) and i've lost the letter 'A' from the 'MAG' :cry

but all in all it was a great day and many people recognized these shoes =) :thumbsup

Good to see them all modded up. Were the letters super glued or just stuck using the self adhesive that comes with them?

I got part of my G ripped off because someone stood on the back of my shoe again. I don't get how people have no "personal boundary sensitivity".

I had my BTTF II getup all ready for BTTF day last October. Just wanted to post the results here for you guys.

The shoes were the big, time consuming piece of course. They're the HC Mags, with the steam toe mod and the MP strap/decal kit.

IMG_1515.JPGIMG_1516.JPG

Last edited:
Alright this is a long one, the last I posted about my mag I left off about the other things I haven't made or gotten yet like the strap, clear soles, and MP stickers. now after finishing the mags and having it displayed for a few days I decided to post about the results. First I decide to tackle the @cavx clear soles but I assembled it in a different way usually when assembling these soles you would shave off the excess then glue them together but I decided when assembling the sole is shaved a lip on the sides of attachments making it closer to how the RD nike mags are.

IMG_3439.JPG

IMG_3435.JPG
IMG_3434.JPG

IMG_3438.JPG

The next thing I made was the strap it was simple the strap was made of some vinyl and velcro, after that it was applying the MP stickers and even though it's for display I wanted to last so that was applied with super glue. After finishing all the major thing I started the small touch ups and add on's like concealing the DC port on the inverter and soldering the correct the DC plug to my wall pack or power supply. other than that this display pair is finished. I will be taking a break from the nike mag thing for a while from making 2 pairs back to back, the next mag conversion I may do when I don't feel burnt out might be a V2 or V3(if it ever comes out:lol:unsure) here's some more photo's pf my HC mags, yes I did wear these ONCE it was just for these pics so the soles didn't get damaged.

IMG_3373.JPG
IMG_3376.JPG IMG_3380.JPG nike mag.jpg FullSizeRender 4.jpg

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back