Halloween costumes air mag conversion

Some more pics of glow in the dark

- - - Updated - - -

Wow, no wonder they felt so chunky. Goanna have to pull most of that out, I think.

i pulled it al up even the foam gonna do it tomorrow I'll post some pics whenever I can when I'm doing the mod.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 108
The V2s have the outer shell, a thin foam layer glued to the layer of cloth that is the toe box, then that is glued to the side of the shell, then the liner layer, which is also glued. So 4 layers laminated. The HCs look to have 6 or 7 layers.

I wonder why they (HC) put so much foam in these shoes?

Yep, there is 7 layers ! And I think this foam addition is kind of stupid :
- The look of the shoe is totally screwed !
- It add a material cost
- It add an assembly cost
- It is not necessary at all !

Without it, this "official shoe" would be a great base to modify. -_-

Yep, there is 7 layers ! And I think this foam addition is kind of stupid :
- The look of the shoe is totally screwed !
- It add a material cost
- It add an assembly cost
- It is not necessary at all !

Without it, this "official shoe" would be a great base to modify. -_-

It would have been "perfect" if they had used the V2 upper without the branding. I still don't like the over puffy cuff of the HC. And the collar needs to be higher as well. If the "Sport" version had a cloth upper, they would be idea for these "official" shoes.

+ 10 000 !

For the tongue, I used the patern of cavx but I've redesigned the sides to make them larger !

• Front : Fake leather glued to some foam :
03 - Languette 1.JPG

• Back : The hand sewing :

03 - Languette 2.JPG

• Overall shape :
03 - Languette 3.JPG

I'll trim the excess foam and make a back and something for the edges later ;)

Some pictures of the inside of the HC shoe :

View attachment 558700 View attachment 558702 View attachment 558701

As you can see, there is 7 layers =
• Grey fabric
• Foam glued to the Grey fabric
• The toe box
• A white tissu that maintain the foam
• A grey fabric around the laces
• Another layer of Foam (Not as big as the first one)
• The inside Grey fabric

Wow that's a lot of layers!!! Didn't realise there was that much!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can someone tell me what's wrong ?!?? Help I opend my mags after seeing that Something was wrong and these were plugged together and when I unplugged them this happened and when I try to plug them back together it stays on but I can't turn them off

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 121
Last edited:
What I will say about it is that it is over complicated for what it needs to do.

Do they turn off when you plug the connector again?

nope they just stay on

The switch that come with the shoes is not an ON/OFF switch, it is a momentary switch or as I re-purposed it as a "pressure switch". The electronics that turn the shoes on and of are housed in the clear pack along with the battery. When you press the switch, you give the electronics a pulse of power which turns them on or off dependent on the previous state.

I'd be pulling it all out and re-doing them with your own lights and wire and a circuit that actually makes sense.

The switch that come with the shoes is not an ON/OFF switch, it is a momentary switch or as I re-purposed it as a "pressure switch". The electronics that turn the shoes on and of are housed in the clear pack along with the battery. When you press the switch, you give the electronics a pulse of power which turns them on or off dependent on the previous state.

I'd be pulling it all out and re-doing them with your own lights and wire and a circuit that actually makes sense.

i plan to buy airair's kit but I have an extra pair of HC mags so I'll use the right shoe from that.

Where did you get your straps lights ?
What painting did you used ?
And yeah, the slim toe on this HC mags is a good choice : fast and good results at the end.

Where did you get your straps lights ?

send a message to RPF Member Mark Poon - he will help you ;)

What painting did you used ?

used 400 grid sandpaper , then applied 3 base coats of TAMIYA "CORSA GREY" Spray Paint , after this 3 more coats of TAMIYA Flat Clear

https://www.tamiyausa.com/articles/ln/72/PS-chart.pdf

And yeah, the slim toe on this HC mags is a good choice : fast and good results at the end.

yeah , worked very well :)

11140386_1136974149645971_4808927753619514520_n.jpg

thanks for your answer, I didn't know that you could sand the sole :eek

For the toe box, I did mine in 2 sessions and I could get a slimmer result ;)

Is the heel cup on the HC a different shape to the one on the V2? The wings seem to sit high on these when people attach the SWOOSH.

Is the heel cup on the HC a different shape to the one on the V2? The wings seem to sit high on these when people attach the SWOOSH.

It seems to be attached slightly differently or something. Perhaps it's because of the excess foam in the HC's, but the uppermost point doesn't seem to lean in as much, making the 'wings' come up (see attached pic) - thinking about that, pity the V2's didn't have more foam in the grey upper (not the collar)
IMG_1787.JPG

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back