Halloween budget build

ninjabrad

Thought I would add some pictures and progress of my attempt to finish before Halloween!
DSC02844.jpg

Muscleman suit

DSC02991.jpg

Ice Hockey Pads

DSC03000.jpg

Cod Piece and Thigh Armour

DSC03003.jpg

Shoulder, Chest and cod piece Painted

DSC03098.jpg

Computer gauntlet (No pockets so need some storage!)

DSC03104.jpg

Painted blade gauntlet

DSC03106.jpg

Shoulder Cannon

Still have a long way to go but I have a long weekend to get the majority of the things done. I have other bits done but haven't had a chance to get pictures.

Things to do:
Weather armour (Shoulders, cod piece, thighs, chest plate.
Finish backpack (paint and weather)
Attach armour to hockey pads.
Paint top half of muscleman suit.
Latex and paint bottom half.
Paint hands
Bio should be here from mysteria in the next coulple of days so cut and paint that.
Make Dreads.
Acquire/make some feet
Fine details on gauntlets.

I know, a long list but after last years rush, I managed to get my Ghostbusters proton pack finished on time!

Any comments/criticisms are welcome.

Brad

DSC02844.jpg

DSC02991.jpg

DSC03000.jpg

DSC03003.jpg

DSC03098.jpg

DSC03104.jpg

DSC03106.jpg

Seems we have a similar goal! Things are looking good on your end! Did you buy a set of latex hands or are you planning on making them from gloves or something? I've been having a bit of a tough time with the hands and feet. I'm basing my hands off a pair of kitchen gloves. Still not sure what I'm going to do about feet.

Looks like you've got a killer start going! It will be tight, but I think you can get it ready by Halloween! Now I just hope I am as lucky!

Seems we have a similar goal! Things are looking good on your end! Did you buy a set of latex hands or are you planning on making them from gloves or something? I've been having a bit of a tough time with the hands and feet. I'm basing my hands off a pair of kitchen gloves. Still not sure what I'm going to do about feet.

Looks like you've got a killer start going! It will be tight, but I think you can get it ready by Halloween! Now I just hope I am as lucky!

I've got some "monster" hands which I'll paint, still don't know what I'm going to do about feet. Looking for some vinyl skeleton feet to cover my shoes but everywhere is out of stock except in the US. So I may just make some armour to cover my shoes, we'll see!

I hear you on the gloves... its tough... i want to eventually build my own gauntlets from scratch... the worst thing is.... i didnt like the look of the premade pred gauntlets online so i got some cheap rubber knight gauntlets... only problem was that when I started spraypainting them the paint wouldnt cure... WORST MISTAKE EVER!!! ugh.. now i have to get me some paint thinner and try to get it all off...

I hear you on the gloves... its tough... i want to eventually build my own gauntlets from scratch... the worst thing is.... i didnt like the look of the premade pred gauntlets online so i got some cheap rubber knight gauntlets... only problem was that when I started spraypainting them the paint wouldnt cure... WORST MISTAKE EVER!!! ugh.. now i have to get me some paint thinner and try to get it all off...

Get krylon paint. That usually sticks to just about anything. I used it on some rubber and plexiglass when I did a gambit costume a few years back.

Gotta keep it somewhere warm and dry while it cures though, and use several mist coats instead of 1 or 2 wet coats, it will dry much faster that way.

And yeah, I'm still spinning my wheels on the hands and feet. Going to a few Halloween stores near me tomorrow to see if I can find anything I can use.

Good luck!

DSC03119.jpg

The armour doesn't sit right due to it being stuck on a coat hanger

DSC03120.jpg

Bio needs some more weathering. Bought the smaller bio from Mysteria before reading ALL the forum topics so will have to try and fudge a solution to cover parts of my face that the bio doesn't cover.

DSC03119.jpg

DSC03120.jpg

Good effort on the buget suit build, your showing some real creativity. Have you thought about heating your foam so you can mould it more into shape? Looks like your going for a Borg style skin, cool :eek: Keep it up only a few nights left.

It's actually some old lino I had lying around and not foam. i did have some old coat hanger wire to keep the shape but the missus threw that away so I'll see what it looks like on and maybe get some more wire for it

Get krylon paint. That usually sticks to just about anything. I used it on some rubber and plexiglass when I did a gambit costume a few years back.

Gotta keep it somewhere warm and dry while it cures though, and use several mist coats instead of 1 or 2 wet coats, it will dry much faster that way.

And yeah, I'm still spinning my wheels on the hands and feet. Going to a few Halloween stores near me tomorrow to see if I can find anything I can use.

Good luck!

Well here's how it turned out.... what do you think?

Ric

http://www.thehunterslair.com/index.php?showtopic=14645

Looks really good! The skin came out great! Did you have any trouble painting it?

The Skin was no trouble painting as it is all cloth... i just used acrylics... the gauntlets which were rubber didnt mix well with the spray paint and stayed sticky for days... no i had to clean it off with paint thinner and them prime them first with acrylic.. THEN spray them.. well... I guess I learned the hard way.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back