Hallmark Battlestar Galactica Ornament

JiminSTLouis

Sr Member
I picked this up at my local Hallmark store. They’re also available on Amazon. I was wondering why the front of the landing pods weren’t lit, then I noticed light leaking through the front. With some careful X-Acto work I opened the front of each pod and there you go. There’s a defuser bar all the way from the back to the front of each pod as though the fronts were originally planned to be lit. I’m thinking of drilling some small holes in the top of each pod to add some pinpoint lights.

IMG_3337.jpeg
IMG_3339.jpeg
IMG_3341.jpeg
IMG_3350.jpeg

^this

kg-tos_battlestar-studio_model_reference-163.jpg

Don't feel bad. I never noticed as a kid way back then and in fact, it was not until a few years ago that I realized the same thing as I was looking into accurizing the Moebius kit

I guess the remake "Nu" Galactica also kind of muddied the waters by having both front and back openings in misremembering that only the back was open on the original

I guess it makes sense when you think of it in terms of a carrier, where landing was always from the rear

take off as always then always out of those chutes in the side

If you watch the official Hallmark ornament video the landing bays ARE open and lit up, so your instincts are spot on even if not accurate. It just looks more interesting open.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back