Halliwax's weird V3 theory

In my question to find square wood blades. I found the video with the v3 losing its rod

I think the emitter stayed on the hilt.. this is driving me nuts...

IMG_7602.jpg

yea, wait, unless the drive shaft (right term?) is a stem. If the blade is slipped over, and set screwed to the shaft, it would leave the spinning emitter and rod attached to the saber.

yea, wait, unless the drive shaft (right term?) is a stem. If the blade is slipped over, and set screwed to the shaft, it would leave the spinning emitter and rod attached to the saber.

I’m so confused over this damn thing... I’ve made my spinning emitter on the v2 as simple as I could

Maybe the real one is setup more complicated? I don’t know

Maybe one day tom we’ll have more evidence.. or a new story. I would love to talk with these guys who built them

Stuff like this reminds me of the Bb8 builders club

Before they publicly showed his guts and how he worked guys were building them

It was so complicated, what a night mare of mechanics involved

Then the creators showed how he worked and it was the simplest thing...

I wonder if the v2 and v3 are just simple

I'm not sure if this is useless, already hashed out, etc.

Do we have ANY evidence that the V3 had a nipple at some point? At all?

I'm thinking maybe the "crude" socket in the V3 was a first version and the V2/nipple (whether its a separate cylindrical piece or something else) WAS the updated version, with a legitimate machined nipple and/or emitter? good enough to be used for the ANH duel

When they pulled the v3 into action, maybe they had to re-use the old set-up, or copy it, to install a new blade. Looks like a collar for the blade that sinks into the emitter part way

I should clarify I'm calling the V3's crude set up something else. The V2 seems to have a well machined nipple, unlike the V3.

I'm not sure if this is useless, already hashed out, etc.

Do we have ANY evidence that the V3 had a nipple at some point? At all?

I'm thinking maybe the "crude" socket in the V3 was a first version and the V2/nipple (whether its a separate cylindrical piece or something else) WAS the updated version, with a legitimate machined nipple and/or emitter? good enough to be used for the ANH duel

When they pulled the v3 into action, maybe they had to re-use the old set-up, or copy it, to install a new blade. Looks like a collar for the blade that sinks into the emitter part way

We do have the barge scene, but it’s not clear enough to tell if that’s a nipple or pour spout

That barge scene saber also seems to have decoration to mimic the V2, I forgot

It would make more sense that the V2 was a better engineered piece.. strange though that the rudimentary version was okay enough to swing around

here's another shot of the V3

note: black on emitter, bent blade connection

MPP stunt in foreground with core visible and collar on blade?
woodchop.jpg

Sharing....

I started moving forward with my “ROTJ Production Version V3” this weekend.

Putting my money where my mouth is, here is the affect I achieved on the booster by using gaffer tape applied over the black paint and ripping it off quickly...

View attachment 973346

View attachment 973347

Opinions?

View attachment 973353

Is the clamp card you have in your V3 the accurate card for the production version? I only ask because a) I LOVE that card, and b) because I honestly wasn't aware! If it is, then I will absolutely be using it! Thanks ALLEY!

The resin casting in the Wired photo has that card in the clamp, so yes. Apparently that's the card that was originally on the V3, before it was "refinished" with the aluminum tape and the card was replaced with the brass one to mimic the Hero.

IMG_5165.jpg

I’ve been using sloths ESB vintage cards for my V3 builds

But the scary face pic, you can see there again the neck is really bent. Or should I say the dueling rod that does down inside the hilt is bent.

Makes me believe the v3 emitter is separate from the body at this time in its life

Oh no - In the scary face photo.... look at the emitter. Do you guys see a bent emitter plate? Like only the rim, exactly like the V2?

The shared stunt does not have a damaged emitter plate.

the fading looks to me like parts are bent away from the light.

here's a general picture of the profile I'm seeing
Screen Shot 2019-07-17 at 10.43.42 PM.png
fullsizeoutput_19b6.png

One last point - teecrooz's post shows a FLAT emitter face in the same scene, and it's wider, suggesting the v3. I think they tried woodchopping with more than one saber.
View attachment 964276 View attachment 964277 View attachment 964278 View attachment 964279 View attachment 964280 View attachment 964281 Got mine!

Here are some quick highlights for saber folk. These were just quick pics. I’m sure nicer scans will be done by someone else, but my scanner is broken.

My favorite is the V2.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back