Halliwax's weird V3 theory

I still see the v3, the image is just blurry. We also have a picture of this same scene with the bent neck/rod and it’s got the same paint chip pattern on the emitter face

Is it not just that the photo was taken as he made contact with the railing, and that's why it looks so bent?

I'm not sure, in most photos we've seen where something is in motion, the whole thing is blurry, and usually "moving" in one direction. I literally see the circular ring around the emitter face and then non-circular fading edges around it.

Could be like the V2 lever, that "tooth" that we all saw but wasn't there. But there are photos with light reflecting off a perfectly flat emitter in that scene as well, so I can't figure out why it would look chewed up if it was the same prop.

Naaah that’s the v3. Too many consistencies

Bent neck, less paint then the v2 at the time of filming, bigger nipple on the end of the blade. Plus this is the same time/scene being filmed as the other photo of the v3 clearly with bent neck

The v2 at this time is already hacked up, and neck taped. Rod still poking out the nipple

I wish it were so, but I clearly see the v3 even with this blurry action shot.

Let me see if I can dig up the other photo at the same time

Is it not just that the photo was taken as he made contact with the railing, and that's why it looks so bent?

Let me find the other photo, this sucker is bent good. We also have that video of the blade and I believe emitter flying off it whole hacking away at Vader

Had to dig out that 200lb archives book..

Scary face scene
IMG_0302.jpg

Scary face scene different angle
IMG_0303.jpg

IMG_0301.jpg

Gaffers tape v3
IMG_0300.jpg

Rethinking his life, the bent blade and possibly neck
IMG_0304.jpg

Here is another example, here is the v3 in motion again which makes the emitter look wonky
IMG_0299.jpg

If you combine THD's two theories and look at that Endor pic with what I still struggle to accept is the the V3...

Maybe the top is free floating/separate... and maybe it was swapped between the V2/3...

two theories?

anyway, thank you SO MUCH for scanning those! I need this book.

I still see rim damage in the first two shots, however I have to admit that looks like the same single prop through all of those.

Actually... *evil grin* I did notice in shot #2 there the clamp may be covered in gaff tape. Which might mean that almost all of it peeled off the clamp area for that other shot you posted with only a few strips left on the clamp

two theories?

anyway, thank you SO MUCH for scanning those! I need this book.

I still see rim damage in the first two shots, however I have to admit that looks like the same single prop through all of those.

Actually... *evil grin* I did notice in shot #2 there the clamp may be covered in gaff tape. Which might mean that almost all of it peeled off the clamp area for that other shot you posted with only a few strips left on the clamp

Tom you haven’t seen these photos before? That photo shows the v3 clamp, booster and neck covered in tape

This is where Seth and I tease each other repetitively

Maybe we were talking about this in the Duncan thread? We got into a pretty heavy fun debate

The scenes we see on screen there isn’t any tape, some where down the line Hamill had to start complaining about the hilt and they wrapped it all up.

I don’t believe the duel was filmed in order we see it on screen, because come the time the hand cut off scene the tape is missing..

And we know the atat Endor bridge scene was one of the last filmed and that’s where we see the v3 with out its nipple or blade and bare booster

Somewhere during filming the duel they wrapped it up, and later on removed all the tape for the bridge scene.. or whatever lol

Also the duel was filmed before the Endor scenes so that would explain the emitter missing paint when Luke is deflecting the lasers from the speeder biker

As for switching emitters, after talking with Brandon and him explaining how the emitter is machined and slides into the windvane. I don’t think it’s a physical possibility for the v2 emitter to attach to the v3.

I think the v3 emitter was violently hacked off as we can see it today.. sad face

To be honest tom, this book is by far my favorite out of all my Star Wars reference.. I does weigh 40 freak’n pounds though.. so picking it up off the shelf is a chore lol

It’s so large I can’t keep it on the shelf with the rest of my reference books

IMG_0311.jpg

IMG_0312.jpg

Thanks! I never thought the emitters were switched. I saw the damage to the emitter in that scene and really that just opened up the opportunity for them to have had maybe 2 bladed lightsabers for Luke, whatever they may be.

I guess I hadn't picked up on the amount of gaffer tape on the clamp, I only remember seeing the two thin strips. The shot that also shows the pyro charge and fake Vader hilt/hand really shows its just like the pipe stunt at that point, wrapped up!

Had to dig out that 200lb archives book..

Scary face scene
View attachment 1039556
Scary face scene different angle
View attachment 1039557

View attachment 1039558

Gaffers tape v3
View attachment 1039559

Rethinking his life, the bent blade and possibly neck
View attachment 1039560

Here is another example, here is the v3 in motion again which makes the emitter look wonky
View attachment 1039561
Looks to me like it's just the blade or the blade and nipple that aren't straight, there. The neck and emitter look in line with the rest of the hilt to me.

And I wanna say the curve is more pronounced in the shot where Luke is making contact with the railing. If you look at the blade's tip, you can see some motion blur.

Are we 100 percent this is the v3? Could this be the Yuma or a Yuma type variant machined for production?

Attachments

• IMG_0304.jpg
    IMG_0304.jpg
    248.2 KB · Views: 104
Ah, we know for sure the Yuma hadn't been made yet. That is most definitely the V3, or at least a sister of the same cast sabers from ANH

Looks to me like it's just the blade or the blade and nipple that aren't straight, there. The neck and emitter look in line with the rest of the hilt to me.

And I wanna say the curve is more pronounced in the shot where Luke is making contact with the railing. If you look at the blade's tip, you can see some motion blur.

Idk dann, the emitter looks tweaked to me

Anyone have any photoshop skills that could put a line to it

It could be the light making the emitter look like it’s bent back on one side

This is what I’m talking about, the emitter looks like it’s on alittle angle here

Heck it could just be the cast lol

IMG_0322.jpg

I tried this myself & wasn't sure so the emitter was off or not. I just removed the blade & bar. Certainly the neck is still in line & the disc of the emitter face looks to be orientate the same as weathervane & grenades face, That light refection on the underside of the emitter body I think is creating an optical illusion. Changing orientation helps.

ROTJ bent bladeBasePic.jpg

ROTJ bent bladeB.jpg

Sorry I tried to get these smaller - no luck.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back