Halliwax's weird V3 theory

Halliwax

Legendary Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
In my question to find square wood blades. I found the video with the v3 losing its rod

I think the emitter stayed on the hilt.. this is driving me nuts...

IMG_7602.jpg

thd9791

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
yea, wait, unless the drive shaft (right term?) is a stem. If the blade is slipped over, and set screwed to the shaft, it would leave the spinning emitter and rod attached to the saber.

Halliwax

Legendary Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
yea, wait, unless the drive shaft (right term?) is a stem. If the blade is slipped over, and set screwed to the shaft, it would leave the spinning emitter and rod attached to the saber.
I’m so confused over this damn thing... I’ve made my spinning emitter on the v2 as simple as I could

Maybe the real one is setup more complicated? I don’t know

Maybe one day tom we’ll have more evidence.. or a new story. I would love to talk with these guys who built them

Stuff like this reminds me of the Bb8 builders club

Before they publicly showed his guts and how he worked guys were building them

It was so complicated, what a night mare of mechanics involved

Then the creators showed how he worked and it was the simplest thing...

I wonder if the v2 and v3 are just simple

thd9791

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I'm not sure if this is useless, already hashed out, etc.

Do we have ANY evidence that the V3 had a nipple at some point? At all?

I'm thinking maybe the "crude" socket in the V3 was a first version and the V2/nipple (whether its a separate cylindrical piece or something else) WAS the updated version, with a legitimate machined nipple and/or emitter? good enough to be used for the ANH duel

When they pulled the v3 into action, maybe they had to re-use the old set-up, or copy it, to install a new blade. Looks like a collar for the blade that sinks into the emitter part way

thd9791

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I should clarify I'm calling the V3's crude set up something else. The V2 seems to have a well machined nipple, unlike the V3.

Halliwax

Legendary Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I'm not sure if this is useless, already hashed out, etc.

Do we have ANY evidence that the V3 had a nipple at some point? At all?

I'm thinking maybe the "crude" socket in the V3 was a first version and the V2/nipple (whether its a separate cylindrical piece or something else) WAS the updated version, with a legitimate machined nipple and/or emitter? good enough to be used for the ANH duel

When they pulled the v3 into action, maybe they had to re-use the old set-up, or copy it, to install a new blade. Looks like a collar for the blade that sinks into the emitter part way
We do have the barge scene, but it’s not clear enough to tell if that’s a nipple or pour spout

thd9791

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
That barge scene saber also seems to have decoration to mimic the V2, I forgot

It would make more sense that the V2 was a better engineered piece.. strange though that the rudimentary version was okay enough to swing around