Guardians of the Galaxy props

Alisdair

Ok sorry for the random collection I'm posting here but I've been playing around with all of these and this is what I've done (below). A friend of mine said I should post these as she thought some of you would like some of mi ideas.

First off off the infinity stone
i got a simple polystyrene sphere and marked it up with pen trying to keep it symmetrical.

Then used a fine tip shouldering iron set to 150 dec c to carve the shapes

I then sealed the sphere with pva school glue and water mix. 75% glue to 25% water. Allowed it to dry.

added a couple of cheeky marvel ref sheild logo hydra logo avengers a etc

Added rustolium chrome paint and added dry brush black acrylic paint to age it in parts and cracks

Here are the pair

Seeing as I had a pair I cut one in half and hollowed out the inside and added neomyidium magnets as a closure device

Finally star lords blasters modification

I bought from the shops on sale a pair of Nerf blasters and stripped them for painting

Black undercoat added

Started to add the carbon fibre effect by scratching in squares the thread weave through the black paint to the original grey plastic underneath. Please be prepaired to loose the will to live and question yourself as to why you started doing it. I did.

Outside clams added back and a comparison with my sons gun for the change in look.

Weathering and bluing added to the gun to give it a used look

only need to add a greeb to the lower barrel of one of the guns to match the difference with starlords the end result isn't screen accurate but it is pretty good looking

thanks for taking the time to read my incoherent ramblings if you have any questions please ask I'll try to make things a bit clearer

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back