Gryffindor Boys' Dormitory Curtains

15pezza

hey guys, im looking for a fabric or anything that looks like the curtains used in the dorm, when i was on the making of harry potter tour London i did a sneaky touch and touched ron weaselys curtains, its felt like a felt very soft, can anyone help me hunt this matraril down? it would be great to have it as my curtains :):):):)

here is some refrence pictures..

The base fabric is either silk or cotton velvet, (I'm leaning towards silk from the shine of it). The stars and moons were more than likely screen printed on by the costume/set department.

I think your best bet is going to be to draw up the design, upload it to spoonflower or fabric on demand and have it printed yourself :0

I think your best bet is going to be to draw up the design, upload it to spoonflower or fabric on demand and have it printed yourself :0

I don't think Spoonflower has velvet though.

The best idea I can give you is to get a swatch of burgundy/cherry red silk velvet, buy a star and moon stencil, a sponge brush and some gold acrylic paint. Blot the gold paint through the stencil on to the fabric, making sure the stencil doesn't move or lift up. Tape/pin down the stencil to the fabric to insure this. You might need to repeat the paint blotting 2-3 times due to the paint seeping into the pile of the velvet.

Use the swatch as a test and to get accustomed to DIY screen printing. They used a similar method in alot of the LotR costumes. Particularly this Eowyn dress:
Eo__Funeral_a010_10_yuk.jpg

You can also make a homemade silk screen for relatively cheap:
see kate sew: how to screenprint on fabric

CelticRuins;

that seems a good idea, but as i looked in my page to screen book ect it said that the set designer was going to make them but she found the fabric in a local shop, can anyone google it like velvit red gold stars ect?

My own account! Much better.

If you do end up stenciling, grab some gold screen printer's ink, not acrylic paint!

i dont know if i should, i just tryin find that martial they used, i know this i going sound mad but if i get contact with the set designer who picked the curtains out and asked her what material she used would she tell me?

Organza is a see thru fabric, not at all like velvet. It is also much stiffer than silk velvet and will not drape the same way. The fabric you linked to is also only 29cm wide; velvet is typcially 114 - 152 cm wide.

Organza is a see thru fabric, not at all like velvet. It is also much stiffer than silk velvet and will not drape the same way. The fabric you linked to is also only 29cm wide; velvet is typcially 114 - 152 cm wide.

okay thank you, can anyone help me on searching for these?

I doubt you are going to be able to find the original fabric. Designs for fabric are not unlike fashions in clothing - they change over time. As new designs are introduced, old patterns are removed. And modern computerized inventories almost guarantee that you aren't going to run across some shop that has a bolt of the fabric that got lost in the back.

Your best bet wil be to create your own via stencils.

theres not just stars and moons there are also plants and animals btw did anyone take a closer look at the cloak of invisibility pattern?

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back