Gritty Dark Power Rangers Fan Film featuring Katee Sackhoff

While I actually enjoyed this version and it is probably the only way I would actually watch a Power Ranger movie, I think the whole premise behind it is flawed in of itself. I think the real problem is not that these kids would be messed up, it's that some inter galactic moron would recruit "teens with attitude" for no reason whatsoever. That's the guy who is really messed up.

I had to skip through parts. I'm going to be one of the very few who found this extremely boring. But then again I'm not coming from a Power Rangers fanbase.

I've seen some episodes and I remember when it was very first advertised as a show coming to TV (I was just starting High School) it looked like it was going to be phenomenal and had my VCR (yes, VHS) set to record it. Within 10 seconds of the opening I was so defeated when I heard the first phrase coming out of Rita's mouth. I was thinking, "Oh crap what is this?!" They barely showed much of them in their normal teen fatigues and it was so cornball it reminded me of a ripoff of Voltron with humor that wasn't funny. The big monsters reminded me of a rip-off Ultraman/Godzilla vibe, too.

I think it has potential to be great if it's approached right. It just didn't speak to me as something I could get on board with. I know I was definitely not the demographic target back then being 16. Maybe 8 years old I would have liked it then.

I will credit the theme song was awesome and gets you amped up like how Thundercats did, only the show of Thundercats was also good.

Okay, I'm not a fan of Power Rangers, I am a fan of the original Super Sentai shows that they were extraordinarily loosely based on. I have to agree with someone else who said that everything is dark today, I hate dark, just for the sake of dark, and I'm sure I'd hate this... if you could still see it since it was pulled for copyright violation off YouTube.

- - - Updated - - -

I had to skip through parts. I'm going to be one of the very few who found this extremely boring. But then again I'm not coming from a Power Rangers fanbase.

I've seen some episodes and I remember when it was very first advertised as a show coming to TV (I was just starting High School) it looked like it was going to be phenomenal and had my VCR (yes, VHS) set to record it. Within 10 seconds of the opening I was so defeated when I heard the first phrase coming out of Rita's mouth. I was thinking, "Oh crap what is this?!" They barely showed much of them in their normal teen fatigues and it was so cornball it reminded me of a ripoff of Voltron with humor that wasn't funny. The big monsters reminded me of a rip-off Ultraman/Godzilla vibe, too.

I think it has potential to be great if it's approached right. It just didn't speak to me as something I could get on board with. I know I was definitely not the demographic target back then being 16. Maybe 8 years old I would have liked it then.

I will credit the theme song was awesome and gets you amped up like how Thundercats did, only the show of Thundercats was also good.

I think I got through the first episode, I was really hoping that Power Rangers was going to be a comedic send-up of the genre like the short-lived late-night USA show Dynaman was. Unfortunately, they actually tried to take it seriously, even though the whole thing was really, really stupid IMO. Granted, like you, I'm nowhere near their demographic, but my kids have seen it when they were the appropriate age and they rolled their eyes too.

<-- Another opponent of "dark for the sake of dark".
Power Rangers was silly fun for kids under ten.
I don't understand wanting to make it all dramatic and gory and grown-up and boobs.
If you're going to remake Power Rangers for an older audience,
make it an ironic comic parody, like "The Brady Bunch Movie".
There is simply nothing in the Power Rangers premise to be taken seriously.

That said, nice to see Katie Sackoff, and VanDerBeek didn't suck.

Let me see if I can remember the plot for EVERY Power Ranger episiode---

-Kids doing something to help community.
-Putties sent down, kids (sans outfits) fight Putties.
-Putties are winning until "it's morphin' time!"
-With outfits kids can kick Putty butt.
-Monster sent down, kicks Power Ranger butt.
-Rangers call Zords.
-Monster grows to 100 feet tall.
-Zords link up and deliver whup-ass to giant monster.
-Monster defeated, kids laugh.
The end

Did I miss anything?

-Rangers call Zords.
The end

Did I miss anything?

Thats about it hahahaha

-Rangers call Zords.
The end

Did I miss anything?

lots of alpha going aiyiyiyiyi
bulk and skull goof off
zordon knows there is a problem but doesnt tell anyone until after its obvious

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back