Green Lantern rings

Cenobyte

Sr Member
Have a friend that is looking for a Green Lantern ring and thought here would be the best place to find out.

Thank you for any information.

HERE is a link to a guy that has a bunch of super hero rings.

As far as accurate, I don't think these are dead on at all, but I'm not sure what you are looking for.

FB

honus is who you seek.

makes a hell of a GL ring (the one that timdrake redid to do the EL bit).

great value, and a hell of a shipper. had the ring in my greedy paws in about 4 days. not too shabby considering it included a sunday.

chris

I've been looking for one too. Problem is that sterling silver turns my finger green (not necessarily bad given context, but I still would rather avoid that). No one seems to make white gold or fitted plastic ones. Don't want any cheapo plastic ones.

Originally posted by Cenobyte@Oct 7 2005, 08:03 PM
Have a friend that is looking for a Green Lantern ring and thought here would be the best place to find out.
[snapback]1092202[/snapback]​
A friend of mine wants a Hal Jordan ring. I'm not sure what people have made, but lets see some pics.

If you can wait later this year I could help again with an alloy that will not turn your fingers green. Or even the GREEN rings again

greens.jpg

Originally posted by Megatron@Feb 12 2006, 01:26 PM
If you can wait later this year I could help again with an alloy that will not turn your fingers green. Or even the GREEN rings again
[snapback]1182553[/snapback]​
Can wait. Thanks very much. :)

Here is a very poor picture of the Rings that Plo ran that were done by Honus. Doesn't get any better than this, and is far and away one of my favorite props.

GL2.jpg

there was a guy here who did a good glowing one, i think the thread is long gone though.. its the guy who made a really good robin costume

yea, that would be me lol. They are not yet ready for mass production, The Electronic aspects are not yet as refined as I would like them to be. Here is the complete light up EL GL Ring.
100_1877.jpg

GlRing.jpg

100_1872.jpg

Nope all the super bright LED ones can only glow in the center of the ring, otherwise you would have to make the ring sit up off of your finger. Plus once the LED burns out you are screwed, EL doesnt burn out, heat up nothing. And you can get them very bright depending on the power you have going to it. The ring above hase 2 AAs and thats it, it's pretty bright as is. a 9v would be super bright.

Originally posted by TimDrakeRobin@Feb 12 2006, 07:46 PM
Nope all the super bright LED ones can only glow in the center of the ring, otherwise you would have to make the ring sit up off of your finger. Plus once the LED burns out you are screwed, EL doesnt burn out, heat up nothing. And you can get them very bright depending on the power you have going to it. The ring above hase 2 AAs and thats it, it's pretty bright as is. a 9v would be super bright.
[snapback]1182792[/snapback]​

EL will loose its glow over time and to exposure. As to how long depends on many factors.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back