Green Lantern rings

Originally posted by Jades Dark Heart@Feb 12 2006, 06:16 PM
Here is a very poor picture of the Rings that Plo ran that were done by Honus.  Doesn't get any better than this, and is far and away one of my favorite props.

GL2.jpg

[snapback]1182672[/snapback]​

That's exactly the style ring I've been looking for. So, Honus is the person to pester about his, you say?

Originally posted by Megatron+Feb 13 2006, 01:24 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Megatron @ Feb 13 2006, 01:24 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-TimDrakeRobin
@Feb 12 2006, 07:46 PM
Nope all the super bright LED ones can only glow in the center of the ring, otherwise you would have to make the ring sit up off of your finger. Plus once the LED burns out you are screwed, EL doesnt burn out, heat up nothing. And you can get them very bright depending on the power you have going to it. The ring above hase 2 AAs and thats it, it's pretty bright as is. a 9v would be super bright.
[snapback]1182792[/snapback]​

EL will loose its glow over time and to exposure. As to how long depends on many factors.
[snapback]1182820[/snapback]​
[/b]

I have heard that, but I have had this ringe done for well over a year and it is just as bright as it was whwnI first made it. And in any case the EL sheet for the ring is out of a "soft glow" nightlight from walmart, so if anything happens to it, it only cost $2 bucks to fix. hehe.

OK, I own about 40 GL rings, so I should be able to help a bit...

Honus - His stuff is super cool, although I've never liked the idea of painting the rings. I have a complete set of these, and they are very accurate to the Silver Age representaion of Hal's ring, the Alan is very much like the ring shown in All-American no 16, and the Kyle is a bit of a custom. Really good quality materials...don't know if he still makes them though.

Coldfuel157 (eBay) - Good rings, although he is typically slow to ship them. I helped design one of his rings (I suggested the design), so I'm a little biased. Get the "master alloy" though and not the silver because the silver dents very easily (it's soft). The two best are his "color change" and the single band Kyle. Avoid the "metallicagreen" because the enamel will eventually come off. He has other designs, but I'm not sure if he is still making them.

Sombrafuentes (eBay) - Decent rings, but not accurate (not intended to be accurate as far as I know). The quality is good (although not as good as the Honus or Coldfuel) and he makes a lot of different designs. I'd suggest the acrylic Kyle or the clear Hal as the nicest. His stuff is also very inexpensive. His shipping is VERY fast, and his customer service is terrific. If you must paint your rings, Sombrafuente's rings tend to "take" paint better than anyone elses, probably due to the materials that he uses.

Megatron - His ring is awesome. It's made out of anodized aluminum, and it's the only one I know of that is actually done that way. Very light also. His design isn't quite as elaborate as some of the others, but still nice. I clear coated mine and it looks great that way.

Official DC rings - The only one of these that is really suitable for wearing is the green three-band Kyle. It's a great ring, but you'll pay quite a bit for it. Honus's and Coldfuel's are of comparable quality. Avoid the "Planet Krypton" set and the mini-busts if you actually want to wear the ring. They're made of a cheap metal and the green enamel comes off easily. I haven't seen one of the new official ones yet.

Feel free to ask me any questions...

Originally posted by Darth Violence@Feb 14 2006, 05:19 PM
OK, I own about 40 GL rings, so I should be able to help a bit...

Megatron - His ring is awesome.  It's made out of anodized aluminum, and it's the only one I know of that is actually done that way.  Very light also.  His design isn't quite as elaborate as some of the others, but still nice.  I clear coated mine and it looks great that way. 

Feel free to ask me any questions...
[snapback]1184393[/snapback]​

thanks but I can't take credit for the design. The design can be what ever some one wants. Another note:that was the first time I made Anodized Aluminum rings and I know how to make them better next time. My supplier did not even know what the ring was made out of untill I told him and he thought it was cool to see Anodized Aluminum used for jewelry.

love to see some pics of your collection

Originally posted by DarkLordVader@Feb 14 2006, 09:41 PM
What did you use to change the power supply source of the soft glow el sheet?
[snapback]1184362[/snapback]​
I bought a pair of EL Flashing Sunglasses from Walmart and I cut the power box of of it and attatched new wires from the box to the Cut EL sheet from the night light. Then I added a green transluscent tape over it and then, slid it under the ring that is green transluscent resin. and Voila.
ringcomponent1.jpg

ringcomponent2.jpg

howGLRingworks.jpg

GlRing.jpg

thanks but I can't take credit for the design. The design can be what ever some one wants. Another note:that was the first time I made Anodized Aluminum rings and I know how to make them better next time. My supplier did not even know what the ring was made out of untill I told him and he thought it was cool to see Anodized Aluminum used for jewelry.

love to see some pics of your collection
I haven't posted on this forum in years, but I had to comment on this! For YEARS I've thought that someone ought to make GL rings out of anodized aluminum or titanium, so that the color would be more durable, for a better wearable ring that's actually green! :cool:thumbsup

EDIT: Was originally looking for pictures of the rings in question, finally found some pics. :cool

Last edited:
I haven't posted on this forum in years, but I had to comment on this! For YEARS I've thought that someone ought to make GL rings out of anodized aluminum or titanium, so that the color would be more durable, for a better wearable ring that's actually green! :cool:thumbsup

I'd love to see more pictures of your rings, if you have any to share. :)

years ago.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm bumping this thread back up due to an idea I had that I wanted to bounce off of my fellow RPFers: Should we use this thread for general discussion of all the various power rings seen in the pages of Green Lantern? :confused

One of the topics about GL rings over in the Junkyard has gotten slightly derailed by an ongoing discussion about the designs of the various power rings. Should we move such general power ring discussions to this thread? What do you all think? :confused

EDIT: Okay, gonna try this...

these are the posts from the Junkyard thread, the beginnings of the current discussion about power rings. Apologies if the formatting is a bit weird at first, I'll get it all sorted out in fairly short order. Might take me a couple tries to get it to the point of looking "right", so bear with me during any "speed bumps".
For ease of description, the rings are usually designated as follows:

Hal - Round circle with the GL symbol in the middle
Kyle - Plain band with a 3D GL symbol (similar to the one shown above)
Alan - Plain band with an actual Lantern on it, not the Oan symbol
John - Round circle with the cartoon GL symbol (which is slightly different)
Kilowog/Chunk - The whole ring is a GL symbol with the ridges extending all the way around

The rings for the different GLs have been drawn differently by the artists over the years, but this is the standard way to describe them when you're looking to buy one. (In other words, Hal may have worn a Kyle style ring when drawn by Dave Gibbons, but the ring is still described as a "Kyle-style" ring.)
Yes, sadly, that IS the terminology many fans use these days, and DC Direct has NOT helped by using the same terminology.

But the canonical explanation (i.e. within the DC Universe itself) is as follows:

When Hal Jordan first became a GL, there was only ONE style of power ring in use by the Corps. Most long-time fans such as myself refer to this as the GL Corps Power Ring Version 1. This is the round-faced ring with the GL Corps symbol carved into the face, a style that has been known for centuries as a SIGNET RING. This is the style that most fans now insist on calling "Hal Jordan's Power Ring". It was introduced in Hal Jordan's first appearance, and was used by ALL Green Lanterns (with slight variations as necessary to fit different types of extraterrestrial appendages, of course) from that story, up until July of 1976. While it has been drawn different ways by different artists on the book, that's merely artistic license. The rings were always meant to be of the same signet ring design:

GL-Ring.gif

Then in Green Lantern (Second Series) issue # 90 (August, 1976) the Guardians of the Universe recalled the ENTIRE Green Lantern Corps to Oa, to be issued NEW, "upgraded" Power Rings, which most long-time fans chose to call the Green Lantern Corps Power Ring Version 2. These rings, of course, had a brand-new form:

GLCorpsRingV2ComicArt.gif

They also had updated programming and functions. Chief amongst the new functions: the wearer was given the ability to alter their ring's form to any form they chose! This allowed some GLs to come up with unique, customized ring designs. But the most memorable uses of this feature were when Hal Jordan went undercover and disguised his power ring as a pair of sunglasses, and when Katma Tui transformed a power ring into an "F-Sharp Bell" to enable a very unusual alien named Rot Lop Fan to join the Corps.

While many fans now insist on calling this ring the "Kyle Rayner Power Ring", this really, really annoys me, because that Version 2 Power Ring was around for 18 YEARS before Kyle Rayner made his first appearance. If anything, it should either be called the JOHN STEWART POWER RING (as this was the ring he wore in the mid '80s when Hal Jordan quit for a brief time, leading the Guardians to give John full-time GL status as Hal's replacement) or the GUY GARDNER POWER RING, as this is the ring Guy has worn ever since the first time he wore the emerald and black uniform of the Corps:

Guy%20Gardner%201.jpg

So, yeah, either one of those makes much more sense to me than calling it "Kyle Rayner's Power Ring". But John and Guy are both being marginalized here, because they're considered ''supporting characters", even though at times, they've both been shown as the main GL of Earth, while Hal and Kyle were both considered the protagonists of the book. :rolleyes

Now, the Version 1 and Version 2 designations are based solely on the fan's frame of reference. In GL (Vol. 2) # 90, it was strongly implied that this was not the first time the Guardians had issued updated power rings to the Corps. So, for all we know, as far as the Guardians and the Corps are concerned, the newer rings might actually be version 42! ;)

And then of course, in the last few years, we've now seen what could be considered Version 3... an update to the Version 1 signet ring, with the slightly updated logo that the Corps now wears:

green-lantern-ring.jpg

Biggest difference on this one, besides going back to the signet style look*, is that the weakness against the color yellow is no longer a problem for most GLs**.

As for Kyle's ring, that's... complicated. At one point, Hal Jordan encountered a rogue GL known as Lord Malvolio. Malvolio destroyed Hal's Version 2 power ring, then manipulated events so that Hal would take Malvolio's older Version 1 ring as a replacement. When Hal later turned against the Guardians and the Corps, taking on the name "Parallax", Hal dropped his ring (formerly Malvolio's ring) on the ground, then crushed it under the heel of his boot. The Guardian known as Ganthet then picked up the pieces, and remade the ring, and when Ganthet remade it, he altered some of its abilities, taking away the yellow weakness, and programming it to work only for its chosen wearer, the identity of whom it would verify via DNA. That's something I forgot to mention earlier; Kyle's ring was meant to be one-of-a-kind, like Alan Scott's. And it wasn't always drawn to look like the other Version 2 rings. In fact, at times, it's been drawn to look more like the so-called "chunk" ring:

ring6.gif

So, maybe there should be a difference, from a design point of view, between the GL Corps Version 2 Power Ring, and "Kyle's Ring". While most fans and even the people at DC Direct now consider the 2 to be one and the same, they really shouldn't be considered the same at all. One is the standard ring that was issued to the entire Corps at a certain point in time, and was therefore "mass produced", while the other is a unique, one-of-a-kind ring with unique abilities and programming.

Just some things to think about. And yes, I probably AM one of the biggest Green Lantern geeks you'll ever come across. :$

*These new "Version 3" power rings presumably still allow the wearer to change the ring's form, which would explain why Guy's ring still looks like the Version 2 ring, and why John Stewart has now altered his ring to feature the animated series logo.

**As those that have read GL over the course of the last few years should already know, at the end of Green Lantern: Rebirth, the Corps discovered the true nature of the yellow impurity, and the weakness it caused. Now, the GLs know that once they learn how to overcome their fear, the weakness to the color yellow is no longer a problem. So, only the rookies are affected by the color yellow these days.

It's just a way to simplify which one you are talking about. If it makes you feel better to call it the V2, fine, but most people are going to use the Hal/Kyle nomenclature. It's just easier than saying "I want a GLC Version 2 ring" which, as you've pointed out, could be anything. And with the latest iteration of the GLC, many GLs have their own style of ring. And the reason that the cartoon style one is called the "John Stewart" one is because he's the only one that wears it, and his symbol has been modified in the comic too.

Oh, and if you're going to be a nerd about it...Kyle's ring has the DNA limitation because he put it there when he was Ion, along with it being able to find it's way back to him if he lost it for some reason. If we're going to be really nitpicky, his ring has also been drawn as the signet style on occasion. However, in the CURRENT series, the rings match the Hal, Kyle, etc. designations.

I have owned two of Megatrons original rings, BTW. (In fact, I own 27 different GL rings.) They are also of a different design, as the symbol is integrated into the band, and not separated like in the picture of the Gibbons drawing. The DC Direct version has the terrible grooves, the Voldemort version has grooves, even Honus's very nice versions (which were the best ones prior to Megatron's latest Hal rings) had a different groove pattern. (There are instances in the comics where the grooves show up, BTW. That's another artist thing.) The Arrobasilver ones don't, which is why I though you might like it. The thing about Arrobasilver, and All Needful Things, is that their rings are designed as jewelry...not prop replicas.

Megatron's latest look like the very best ones ever made, BTW. I can't wait to get mine.

Actually, I read almost every issue of Volume 3 (the volume of the comic that ran throughout the '90s and early part of this decade, and featured Kyle Rayner as the protagonist from issue 50 until the final issue of that volume) and the DNA coding thing was present from the beginning. That feature was shown early on, in stories that were published years before he became Ion. From day one, his ring only ever worked for him, with only 2 exceptions*.

So, you're half right. When he became Ion, he DID go ahead and add the "return to me if separated from me" feature, which at the time, I saw as the writer of that issue taking a shot at Ron Marz's style of creating dramatic tension in the stories, which was having Kyle "Butterfingers" Rayner lose his ring like every other issue, so that he'd have to struggle with how to defeat the villain(s) until he conveniently relocated his ring! :rolleyes

There were other features he added, but at the moment, I'm drawing a blank on what they were. I'll have to get back to you on that one. :$

As for the way he blended the band into the symbol, again, that's just artistic license. It's no different than seeing Gil Kane draw the signet ring to look like this...

DCDpvcGLRing.jpg

(A flat disc attached to a "separate" round band)

...while Alex Ross depicts it as a "proper" signet ring, more like the ones Megatron has helped us acquire (speaking of, mine needs to get here NOW!)...

DjinnHalRing.jpg

...but then yet another artist decides to draw it like this...

GreenLanternRing-GreenMetalglowarou.jpg

...with that funky design that DC Direct used on their most recent high-end metal ring props AND their recent PVC promotional rings. It's THE SAME RING, just depicted by different artists, drawn to match their personal vision of what the ring should look like, or just drawn in the only way they know how to draw such a ring. The skill level of the artist at drawing items such as rings is definitely a factor here.

So, yeah, the old run of rings for the RPF were just produced with a small amount of artistic license. It's still the best metal version of that ring design In My Opinion. Your Mileage May Vary, of course. ;)

BTW, the first Green Lantern Power Ring replica I ever got my hands on? The first one DC Comics ever gave out as a promotional item, back in 1990:

GLGlowInDarkRing.jpg

GLGlowInDarkRingLit.jpg

There you go, a separate logo attached to a band. And do you know why that was a bad idea? Well, the glue used to attach the 2 parts wasn't very good, basically just plain white Elmer's glue. So of the 3 or so that I've owned at various times over the years, 2 of them came apart, which I then had to glue back together with a bit of Super Glue.

That's also the power ring replica that I affectionately refer to as "Kilowog's Ring" because it's so FRAKKIN' HUGE! It's like a US size 13, maybe even a 14! It's so large that most fans can only wear it over a pair of gloves... which, combined with its constant availability on eBay (they're a dime a dozen over there,) does make it a great choice for wear with a proper GL costume. :)

Oh, and after that ring was put out by DC, throughout the run of Volume 3 of the comic, there were at least a couple instances where you could tell the artist drawing the book had one of those plastic glow-in-the-dark rings on his desk, using it as reference while drawing the ring, because I clearly remember panels in the comic where it was drawn identically to the plastic replica, complete with the beveled back side of the logo. ;)

*Apparently, the DNA "test" the ring ran wasn't even as accurate as the ones we use today to prove someone's innocence or guilt in a court of law, because the ring also worked for Kyle's 30th Century descendant Cary Wren. 1,000 years between them, with all the genetic differences that would entail, and the ring still recognized her as an authorized user! :rolleyes

And then, during that same time travel adventure, Hal Jordan was also able to put on Kyle's ring and use it, the theory being that the ring still recognized and responded to its previous wearer, even after having been destroyed, rebuilt, and reprogrammed.

Well since the conversation is raging, let me add this. Even Alex Ross is not consistent with the way he draws the ring. He mimics the Gil Kane style in Justice #4:

AlexRossGl2.jpg

While then doing the signet that he is best known for in the very next issue:

AlexRossGL1.jpg

So even referring to Ross as a styling get muddled depending on which issue you are referring to. The reality is no matter what we call them we are looking for idealized versions and since Curtis himself said he doesn't like the ridges then if he does the Green Lantern v2 ring or if you want to call it the Kyle ring or the Guy Gardner ring the fact is that is probably the styling we are going to get.

:D

LOL! I didn't realize that! :lol

And I'm thinking we REALLY need to take this ongoing discussion of the different power ring styles to one of the other, more general threads about power rings. There's one or 2 floating around, I'll dig one up later and post the link after I find it.

I was being sarcastic about Ross...he refuses to ever draw Kyle, which is how Alan got into Kingdom Come to begin with. (Actually, the GL is never named, but he said it was Alan in an interview.) DC wouldn't let him use Hal, since Hal was dead at the time.

As far as Kyle's ring goes, the other change that Kyle made was to give it a back up power reserve.

There are a lot of variants on the basic "Hal" and "Kyle" styles...there are the ones you've mentioned, there are also the animated styles (The Superfriends one has a white background), the signet ring with a disc on top, the "First Flight" ring, a new one is probably going to be introduced in the new movie, and there's a bunch of others I'm probably forgetting about. The "Hal", "Kyle", "Alan", "John" and "Chunk/Kilowog" are just simple nomenclatures to make the descriptions easier. If I say "Kyle" style, people know what I'm talking about, regardless of whether anyone considers it inaccurate.

And I loved the Honus ones. I wish I could find another set of those. Megatron's will be better, but they were really nice.

You didn't answer my question! :p

As for Honus, IF he's the ring maker I think he is, I would've loved to have one or 2 of his, as well. Unfortunately, DC/WB issued him the dreaded C&D* letter, so he had to stop making his. :thumbsdown

*Cease & Desist, for those that aren't familiar with the abbreviation.

It's a good idea...I'll move it over there.

Honus was not the guy you're thinking of...he did a small run here but never sold them commercially.

Unless I'm terribly mistaken, Honus is the gentleman responsible for this ring...

homebrewgreenlanternring.jpg

...and the other rings seen in the How to Make a Green Lantern Ring Instructable that has become so well-known on the interwebz. I've also been told by someone in reference to the picture posted above that the gentleman that made that ring no longer sells them after having received a C&D letter from DC/WB, or rather, from their LAWYERS. And that's the story as I understand it.
*whew!* There. That should make the discussion easier to follow for those that haven't read the topic in the Junkyard. :)

Last edited:
Here...I'll move the discussion over here. I've sold about half of my rings, but I still have a few. A few mini-reviews of some others I've owned: (The people that I'm naming don't make rings anymore or are 100% licensed, so I don't feel bad about posting their names.)

Parks - Didn't like these at all. They have open bands, which makes them easy to fit, but not fun to wear, and they feel more like a toy than a prop replica of any kind.

Honus - The best ones ever, so far. I wish I could get another Hal from him. If anyone has pictures of these, please post them. Awesome, awesome, awesome.

Coldfuel/GLKing/Metalphene - This guy is questionable, but he makes pretty rings. His website has changed at least three times this year. He still owes me a ring from two years ago, and I'm not the only one, so draw your own conclusions. As noted above, they are also soft and get beat up easily and quickly. He supposedly makes a stainless stell version which is probably better, but I've never known anyone that has one. I don't know where he is or how to get in touch with him, so please don't ask.

Arrobasilver - The new ArrobaSilver rings are fantastic quality. They are more jewelry than props, but definitely worth checking out. I really like the Hal signet ring, Alan ring, and his new Kyle-style ring. The class rings don't really float my boat, but YMMV. His build quality is great, the silver isn't nearly as soft as it used to be, and they're officially licensed.

FWIW, I wear a ring made by an unknown maker...I THINK Jack T. Chance here has the matching Sinestro ring, which is sort of ironic.

Well, according to Jack this is a pretty good rendition of the GL Corps ver2 ring.

4180490004_82ae7a82ab_o.jpg

Here is my latest project that I am working on. The current "Hal" style signet ring. (In some of the pictures it looks like the symbol is crooked, it isn't, I just took the pictures at a bad angle.)

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

I am currently trying to find a place to cast them in silver, as well as see about getting the steel ones powder coated (possibly with tinted transparent inlays maybe with color appropriate GITD powder worked in).

good ideal...
is your new avatar pic a hint of what you want next hehehe
Maybe. :D

I mean, it IS my favorite version of the GL ring, and that's because it's the style Hal Jordan was wearing when I first started reading GL. This is the first issue I ever bought:

37137612952.181.GIF

I was already aware of GL thanks to Superfriends, but when I saw that issue on the news stand, I HAD to pick it up! I mean, how could I resist? A superhero QUITTING IN DISGUST because he was sick of taking crap from his bosses? That was something you just didn't see every day! :cool

You'll notice, of course, which ring he's throwing on the ground as he's telling the Guardians to "take this job and shove it!" ;)
Here...I'll move the discussion over here. I've sold about half of my rings, but I still have a few. A few mini-reviews of some others I've owned: (The people that I'm naming don't make rings anymore or are 100% licensed, so I don't feel bad about posting their names.)

Parks - Didn't like these at all. They have open bands, which makes them easy to fit, but not fun to wear, and they feel more like a toy than a prop replica of any kind.
I was given one of their Alan Scott rings as a gift. One of my ex-girlfriends gave it to me, and the fact that she gave me a GL ring just proves how good that one was at paying attention to the things I liked. It's okay... but I've never even had it expanded out to a size 10 so I could wear it. It really just sits in a jewelry box with a couple other rings I have in my collection, but don't wear.
Honus - The best ones ever, so far. I wish I could get another Hal from him. If anyone has pictures of these, please post them. Awesome, awesome, awesome.
Well, you know, you COULD take pictures of yours and post 'em! ;)

I know this one's his, because he posted a picture of it in his famous (on the interwebz, anyway) How to Make a Green Lantern Ring Instructable...

homebrewgreenlanternring.jpg

As for any others from him, someone else will have to post those pics.
Coldfuel/GLKing/Metalphene - This guy is questionable, but he makes pretty rings. His website has changed at least three times this year. He still owes me a ring from two years ago, and I'm not the only one, so draw your own conclusions. As noted above, they are also soft and get beat up easily and quickly. He supposedly makes a stainless stell version which is probably better, but I've never known anyone that has one. I don't know where he is or how to get in touch with him, so please don't ask.
Ironically, just today, I found a slip of paper I have with his real name and mailing address (as of the time when I got 2 rings from him, at any rate) on it!

But no, I can't recommend getting rings from him. He's done some FANTASTIC work, especially his latest ring designs, but he's just not reliable. If he would just improve his work ethic when it comes to his ring-making business, he'd be one of the best around. Sadly, he's burned too many people over the years to have much of a chance of turning things around. He's probably received a perma-ban from eBay as a result of his shenanigans.
Arrobasilver - The new ArrobaSilver rings are fantastic quality. They are more jewelry than props, but definitely worth checking out. I really like the Hal signet ring, Alan ring, and his new Kyle-style ring. The class rings don't really float my boat, but YMMV. His build quality is great, the silver isn't nearly as soft as it used to be, and they're officially licensed.
Speaking only for myself, and I am unanimous in this... I LOVE my Arroba Silver GL Class Ring! :)

But then again, I've often said that if I were a GL, while in my "secret identity", I'd have my power ring disguise itself as a more ordinary ring, like a class ring! So when I saw Arroba's then new design on eBay, I had to have it! :)

BTW, mine is a "pre-license" version. I'd be interested to see pictures of one of the ones they produce now, because the stone on mine is a very, very light green. The pictures of the new version on their website make it look as if the stone is darker now, but I'm curious to find out if that's the case on the real thing.
FWIW, I wear a ring made by an unknown maker...I THINK Jack T. Chance here has the matching Sinestro ring, which is sort of ironic.
What, this old thing?

14KYellowRing2_800.jpg

My own... my preciousss... :)

BTW, the maker was an ebay seller that was active in the first half of this decade. Called his business GC Designs, Inc, if I remember correctly. Sadly, I no longer remember his real name. Great stuff, but the last time he sold any was 2004. He had spent some time pursuing a license with DC Comics, but unlike Arroba Silver, he was not able to secure said license. I'm sure they gave him a C&D after turning him down. Either that, or he stopped making the rings on his own in anticipation of eventually getting a C&D. At any rate, I was sad to see him exit the business. Great guy, and a great craftsman, too.
Oh, and my dream ring is a Hal style made from jade stone. Now THAT would be cool.
Honestly, I *think* I've seen photos of just such a ring once upon a time. Didn't look as cool as I thought it would. It's because jade is such a light shade of green.
Well, according to Jack this is a pretty good rendition of the GL Corps ver2 ring.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2654/4180490004_82ae7a82ab_o.jpg
Yep, that it is. :):thumbsup
Here is my latest project that I am working on. The current "Hal" style signet ring. (In some of the pictures it looks like the symbol is crooked, it isn't, I just took the pictures at a bad angle.)

picture.php

picture.php

I am currently trying to find a place to cast them in silver, as well as see about getting the steel ones powder coated (possibly with tinted transparent inlays maybe with color appropriate GITD powder worked in).
Can't wait to see the final result of this project! :cool

P.S. Edited my earlier post to add in the important posts from the thread in the Junkyard, to make it easier to follow the discussion for those that might have missed the thread over there. :)

Last edited:
Man, how cool is that GL ring that lights up!? That is amazing.

Yeah, I have been back more than a few times to check it out. Wish we had some better pictures of it though.

Me and a friend had discussed doing something similar, but I had no idea anyone had ever done that before. Looks awesome.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back