Green Lantern Movie costume

darthchiro

Hey guys, this is based off the pic from the entertainment weekly cover. It has a ways to go and I didn''t get the mask molded in time for halloween but i have it sculpted. The suit has the muscle fibers and the lights in the chest and symbol, my cousin was also wearing white contact lenses which looked great. This is far from finished but I will post better pics when I have more progress to show.

Sorry for the crappy cell phone pics .

IMG00213a.jpg

IMG00219a.jpg

IMG00226a.jpg

IMG00237.jpg

Thanks Guys I will have more and better pics when I get more done on it. I will have the movie mask molded by next week or so, then need to do the gloves and fix the assembly of the suit.

And that is my cousin not me, i guess he does have a little will farrel, also a little ryan reynolds lol.

Just FYI, in case you haven't heard yet...

Entertainment Tonight will be showing footage (most likely the first trailer) on TUESDAY NIGHT!

They showed a 30-second "sneak preview" LAST NIGHT and the footage can now be found on YouTube! Has a much better look at the costume than we've had so far!

As for the costume you've made so far... it's far better than anything I could do, that's for sure! And you've gotten it remarkably close, considering there's no physical costume for Reynolds to wear! :cool:thumbsup

But the thing that jumps right out at me is that the lights in the chest (over the pecs) need to be green.

Looking forward to seeing more pictures as we get ever closer to the movie's opening day on June 17th, 2011! :)

Thanks guys! As far as the lights I based it off the cover photo which shows the glow as white not green. Thats an easy fix it the final suit does appear green rather than white. I have all the hi res pics from the trailer and that cg suit is far from finished (i hope anyway) so I can make changes as more pics come out. I'm thinking they will keep working on the cg until it has the depth of the photoshoped pic.

this was my reference with the white lights
greenlanternewcover2.jpg

and even in the new shots it still looks white for the glow around the symbol and the pecs. but there will be more pics in the coming months so I can fix what I missed on the first one. Again this costume wasn't finished when i posted these pics, its just what i was able to get done for halloween.

greengreenstuff17-59-45.jpg

I like that they took the green of the mask up to the eyes.

Chiro, I think you did a great job, especially sine that EW cover was the only reference at the time.

Thanks guys! As far as the lights I based it off the cover photo which shows the glow as white not green. Thats an easy fix it the final suit does appear green rather than white. I have all the hi res pics from the trailer and that cg suit is far from finished (i hope anyway) so I can make changes as more pics come out. I'm thinking they will keep working on the cg until it has the depth of the photoshoped pic.

this was my reference with the white lights
http://www.reappropriate.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/greenlanternewcover2.jpg
and even in the new shots it still looks white for the glow around the symbol and the pecs. but there will be more pics in the coming months so I can fix what I missed on the first one. Again this costume wasn't finished when i posted these pics, its just what i was able to get done for halloween.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v497/spidermedia/alex_nexs/greengreenstuff17-59-45.jpg
In all the shots so far, to me, it looks white on the GL Corps symbol, and green in the "veins" across the pecs. Could just be a perception thing, or the color settings on my monitor, I don't know.

Just in case you haven't seen it, here's the magazine cover in VERY high definition! Click on the thumbnail to see it in an absolutely GINORMOUS size where you can really make out the detail!

I didn't like the mask in that image, and the mask looks even worse to me in the trailer. They're making it too large compared to the comic version. Makes him look like he's trying to be Green Hornet instead of Green Lantern. :rolleyes

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back