The new SUPERMAN costume... thoughts?

CLARKFLAIR.jpg

it's apparently not on youtube, but remember the SNL sketch where The Rock is Clark Kent and his costume is poking out from under his clothes everywhere? Not that any Superman could realistically hide their cape.

Lol. Forgot about that sketch.

As far as the cape. I handwave it for Reeve and Routh, given how they lean into the comic book side. For any other, more realistic interpretation, he should have his cape stached in his briefcase or something.

Anytime I see Superman Cape Stashing discussion, I have to poke my head in to mention how back in 2005 I dressed as Supergirl for Halloween at my office and managed to fit my entire costume underneath a business suit, including the cape (and "boots," I cheated by using those stretch fabric stockings that look like superhero boots). Granted, a Supergirl cape will have less fabric, but my technique was to carefully and tightly roll the bottom of the cape upwards until it reached my waist, then tuck the tube around my waist beneath my trousers along with my blouse hem (of course, part of the trick was taking into account that my pants size would need to accommodate that extra bit of bulk at the waistline, but that wasn't an issue for wider-leg business trousers; it didn't look disproportionate or too baggy). When I "stripped," the cape just unrolled, no problem.

legally-blonde-reese-witherspoon.gif

:p;)

Anytime I see Superman Cape Stashing discussion, I have to poke my head in to mention how back in 2005 I dressed as Supergirl for Halloween at my office and managed to fit my entire costume underneath a business suit, including the cape (and "boots," I cheated by using those stretch fabric stockings that look like superhero boots). Granted, a Supergirl cape will have less fabric, but my technique was to carefully and tightly roll the bottom of the cape upwards until it reached my waist, then tuck the tube around my waist beneath my trousers along with my blouse hem (of course, part of the trick was taking into account that my pants size would need to accommodate that extra bit of bulk at the waistline, but that wasn't an issue for wider-leg business trousers; it didn't look disproportionate or too baggy). When I "stripped," the cape just unrolled, no problem.

View attachment 1826114

When I was a kid, I always assumed that is how Clark, Kara and Ralph from Greatest American Hero did it, but when I grew up I assumed that would be physically not possible due to the bulk of the cape. Glad you proved me wrong!

View attachment 1826114

So you're Supergirl.

I KNEW IT!

Mike in Accounting said something about it and NO ONE believed him.

Nice glasses

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back