Greedo Killer build with a real Mauser

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

scarf man

Sr Member
Ah, yes good old Kildozer. Congrats The 48th Ronin, on owning such a great prop replica!

I don't remember what exactly gavidoc did for a living, but he has a good eye.

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

chubsANDdoggers

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Great thread! Always new nuggets to be found and dissected! Greedo killer heat sink being not equal on each side is definitely possible but if it is it certainly looks to be marginal. Really hard to tell though from these pictures (blurry, angled and shadows obviously make it tough). Tired to line them up as equal as possible by duplicating each yellow line without changing the size. Again really hard to see clearly though unless there is better pics out there..
8A5FF0AD-D225-458B-B4A6-8EBEC1E42993.jpeg

andyroo

I've been out of the Greedo killer game for a while and can't remember if it was discussed or not but what are the chances the grill could be an old slide magazine?

chubsANDdoggers

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I've been out of the Greedo killer game for a while and can't remember if it was discussed or not but what are the chances the grill could be an old slide magazine?

If you are referencing this slide mag..
C02512D6-A79D-45A4-B494-76B97E408EB0.jpeg

If say zero chance. But if there is other types I for one would like to see what they look like..
E3598269-3309-4E1B-AF2E-3B19AE610C4B.jpeg
0EA7AAB3-95F8-4D41-B555-2D82E7ADD4BD.jpeg
AC884709-57E3-429B-B0C9-5F26F33D8094.jpeg

The 48th Ronin

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Yeah, it's hard to say - the asymmetry doesn't seem to be as pronounced in the photos, but I would concede that it certainly could be that way.

It's also weird that in the sepia tone pics the heatsink seems narrower to me, with the front corners more rounded, but in the post-production pics with Harrison Ford the heatsink appears wider and boxier with the corners more square. Probably just the angles at which the photos were taken. :unsure:

scottjua

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
yeah the difference is minimal. the solos hold piece is a bit exaggerated.

Last edited:

The 48th Ronin

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Score!

Found an LFC M9 - NOS still in the Cosmoline!

M9 01.jpg

M9 02.jpg

Bit of an adventure getting it cleaned up, but some research beforehand on best methods for that paid off in spades.

Not much more to report. Got all of the small parts fire blued that I wanted to - that was also an adventure, but they turned out surprisingly well, considering that I'd never done it before.

Next big step will be stripping the finish off the frame and barrel and rebluing them...

The 48th Ronin

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Thanks. I haven't been super-vigilant about looking, but every now and then I'll search the usual places - low and behold, there it was! :)