Limited Run Graflex 2.0 and Crossguard saber run - sign up thread

Korbanth

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Greetings - over at the www.fx-sabers.com forum, a thread was started on two new sabers being offered in a limited run. Here are the details - these will be in hand for delivery in the Oct/Nov 2015 time frame in enough time before Dec.18

1 - Graflex 2.0 saber

Details - Graflex 2.0 - this unit will have 7/8 inch blade opening, and will be brushed aluminum, and will come with parts that allow you to make 3 versions of this unit - you can make TFA, or ANH, or ESB - you'd get the correct parts that allow you to make which ever version you want, this saber has been retooled and improved in quality in many areas to go beyond the look of a graflex flash handle - it is made for displaying, and for adding electronics to make it a working saber. when you see the photo shown below, it comes with what you see.

A lot of people will want to buy more than 1 of these..some will buy 3 so they can make 1 of each version, and that is ok. Over at the fx-sabers forum, we already have 60+ orders, and will cap the run at 100 Graflex 2.0 sabers.

Pricing:
$195 for New Graflex 2.0 saber new version (the run has 60+ people, so over 40 slots still left - accepting payments now)

CG2.jpg

Two new sabers - Graflex 2.0 kit and Crossguard

CG8.jpg

final1.jpg
1 Graflex 2.0 kit will contain enough parts for making 3 movie versions - ANH, ESB and TFA

final7.jpg
comes with both grip types, both D-Rings, working red button

light_saber.jpg
Graflex will play a big part in next feature film

Korbanth - if you have questions - either post it here, or contact me at korbanth47@gmail.com

Attachments

• Cross Guard 3.jpg
    Cross Guard 3.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 813
  • Cross Guard 6.jpg
    Cross Guard 6.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 694
  • Star-Wars-7-Crossguard-Lightsaber-640x320.jpg
    Star-Wars-7-Crossguard-Lightsaber-640x320.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 553
Last edited:
payments for graflex 2.0's are being taken now - crossguard payments will start once we have about 17-20 more interested people

C'mon guys, I need me a metal Kylo Ren lightsaber replica before the movie comes out, jump on this run! We need like 6 more people!

No one wants these sabers? I would think i'd have a lot of interest from these units here on the RPF

I talked with Jeff last month at the Dallas Comic Con about these.

Most of us want...we're dying for.....his Graflex flash replicas again. With EP7 having a Graflex prop if you were selling his Graflex replica flash handles for $150 each you would probably have so many orders you'd be swimming in cash money.

But he isn't having these made anymore. And he wants to sell lightsabers and not camera flashes. He said it was too much work removing all the Graflex guts to convert them to LED lightsabers.

If I wanted a static, non-LED lightsaber. Even if the price was $125, I would still have to find a Graflex slave to pull the guts out of to make it accurate to the prop with the 2.0. If you want an LED saber this is a fantastic deal. But for most of us, after seeing the EP7 teaser, we wanted to buy a replica Parks flash for $150, not a $650 genuine Graflex off ebay. And Jeff is out of stock.

These are going to be better looking than a flash handle, and will look perfectly like what people are expecting them to look like...and will please anyone who wants any of the three versions, so you can make your own. I agree that a lower price would be better, as lower prices on anything is always better, but these will be worth the price being charged, and yes, this saber has been done to death, but with this newer style and features, it breathes new life into an old friend, and gives you lots of options. This will not disappoint fans who want a true looking graflex handle...or you can have your money back...

His original source is no longer making the $125-$150 kits, so gone are those...new ones have more options and they cost more at $195.00, but it will be worth it. I have now 70 orders, and half of the orders are paid for, and within a week probably the rest will be too...this one will go, and there will be more for those who want to join in. So anyone considering this new Graflex to make themselves the eP7 version, will want this

Crossguard saber is sitting at 54 interested saber users, and we need to get to 60 before taking pre-payments....and this unit will then be made too. I've done many saber runs in the past 10 years, and these ones kinda excite me the most.

I honestly think they are awesome, and the best choice for anyone who doesn't have a Graflex or wants an LED saber.

If I had the extra cash I'd absolutely get one.

But if Parks had his replica flash handles available you be selling 10 times as many now then before the EP7 teaser.

yes, your probably right. The replica flash handle source has closed, so his inventory is now at zero, and these new 2.0 versions are to replace those. He will be selling the 2.0 handles for same or slightly higher price and could take 4-8 weeks to deliver as seen in past history. The advantage to going through me, is I'll get these first, and will send out within the week of them arriving, so there is a huge advantage, I can be quicker to making sure those who get one, will have them in hand fast.

The Graflex I'm not worried about, that order is set, I want more people to jump on the Kylo Ren Saber cuz I want one =) soooooo close and then we need people to make payments so we can get it started.

Attachments

• Cross Guard 1.jpg
    Cross Guard 1.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 270
  • Cross Guard 2.jpg
    Cross Guard 2.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 245
  • Cross Guard 3.jpg
    Cross Guard 3.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 259
  • Cross Guard 4.jpg
    Cross Guard 4.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 242
  • Cross Guard_bladesizes.jpg
    Cross Guard_bladesizes.jpg
    162.4 KB · Views: 306
  • Cross Guard 5.jpg
    Cross Guard 5.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 250
  • Cross Guard 6.jpg
    Cross Guard 6.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 258
  • Cross Guard A.jpg
    Cross Guard A.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 275
  • Cross Guard B.jpg
    Cross Guard B.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 273
Last edited:
ESB ANH Beauty2.jpg

ESB ANH Clamp2.jpg
ESB ANH Emitter 12.jpg
ESB ANH Emitter2.jpg
ESB ANH Pommel2.jpg
final1.jpg

Graflex 2.0 kit comes with two full sets of grips, 1 working red button, 1 non working red button, two different glass eyes, two different clamp strips..1 kit allows you to make ANH or ESB or TFA version of graflex - you can also have electronics added for a light up blade, and sound boards...

final2.jpg
final7.jpg

I'm in on the cross saber, we're so close to kicking this one into gear.

Some people are holding out, but DON'T!

The cost of machining functional dueling quality sabers is crazy expensive and I don't expect another run to come along any time soon. Lots of prints and resin replicas but a machined aluminium one... not likely.

Jump on it.

Are you collecting full payments, or deposits? Really tied up in a few projects atm....

the Graflex 2.0 now has 43 out of the 100 units sold and paid for in the last two weeks since this started. very close to being able to send in the funds to get this project actually started, so I've no worries that this will reach the needed 50 paid orders, and then I'll supply the rest of the financial commitment to get the whole order through.

On the Crossguard, the cost is more than the Graflex 2.0 - so I need 60 people's commitment, along with my financial contribution in order to get these started....it's not looking like I can get enough people interested in this 3 bladed unit. I know some other saber smiths have their own beautiful version, but they are a custom looking cool saber, and I stake a claim right now, that no fan will have one as accurate as this one.. so not taking payments on crossguard until we hit the 60 threshold on interested people...still lingering at 56

It looks the RPF doesn't have many Lightsaber enthusiasts here. so yes, payment needed now for graflex, not for crossguard

the Graflex 2.0 now has 43 out of the 100 units sold and paid for in the last two weeks since this started. very close to being able to send in the funds to get this project actually started, so I've no worries that this will reach the needed 50 paid orders, and then I'll supply the rest of the financial commitment to get the whole order through.

On the Crossguard, the cost is more than the Graflex 2.0 - so I need 60 people's commitment, along with my financial contribution in order to get these started....it's not looking like I can get enough people interested in this 3 bladed unit. I know some other saber smiths have their own beautiful version, but they are a custom looking cool saber, and I stake a claim right now, that no fan will have one as accurate as this one.. so not taking payments on crossguard until we hit the 60 threshold on interested people...still lingering at 56

It looks the RPF doesn't have many Lightsaber enthusiasts here. so yes, payment needed now for graflex, not for crossguard

I'm positive you will get the additional 4 people on this one. It would be a shame to see it die just in front of the finish line.

I agree. I feel confident we'll get there. It would be damn heartbreaking to see the cross guards not come through. The Graflex is my favorite of all of the classic lightsabers, but that crossguard is going to turn heads, plain and simple. Fingers crossed it happens.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back