Gotham by Gaslight Cowl FIRST PULL PG 2

i have to give you four thumbs up. (including my foot toes lol)

really well made. it looks like leather and looks something that could have been made during the time period set in the comic book. you captured every
tone of the character in your sculpt. thanks for sharing that!

Thanks guys!

Here's what it looks like, painted a subtle blue, with touches of brown on the stitches:

1rtfront.jpg

2lfront.jpg

And me wearing it, with a gray t-shirt, foamie bat, and an old overcoat standing in for the rest of the suit:

3test.jpg

4test.jpg

5test.jpg

Got a bit of work ahead of me to put together a REAL suit, but it's definitely happening!

Absolutely love the subtle coloring of course the texturing. You have a keen eye and steady hand, my friend. Kudos all around on this cowl. I would love to someday tackle a real leather cowl that looks like yours.

Thanks guys!

I'd love to see a real leather version of one of these, superDrool! I was tempted for about two seconds to try one myself, but my leather skills are way behind my sculpting skills, so I stuck with what I know.

BatTexan, first of all I wanted to thank you for sharing such an amazing project! kudos to you! and now -if you don´t mind- I´d like to ask something about the process... I'm new to the community and to cowl making... so, after you finished sculpting you said "I still need to clear coat it" what is it that you use? is it always necessary to be done?, can the clay still be used after it has dried?.... and also I´d like to know how you painted the finished piece, tools and materials you used.... I don't mean to be a hassle but it´s just that the members post such amazing projects but yours was the one that really inspired me and motivated me to start doing some stuff! I´m buying the latex tomorrow and I can´t wait to get started! I´d be really thankful if you can help me out, thank you again for your help and also for sharing your work! :)

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back