Girl Robot Prop full size

Good to see she has her lights back; that looks really cool !
Kermet, be careful though with blue light in a dark environment.It's the only color with which your eyes don't focus in the dark, resulting in eye damage.It's a phenomenon called Blue Hazard, so be careful or you'll be visiting your doc more often than you should.Wishing you a speedy recovery so you can craft at your heart content

So George, what you are saying my shop lights are considered blue light? Wow yep I have moments of focusing, so I just take a walk and rest my eyes for a bit. But I do want to know if my shop lights are hurting me eyes. Cause I will change all that for more better lighting, is the led lights bad? Yes I agree George my shop lights are a bit dim I need more lights, I have had a bunch to go out on me I replaced them with some LED lights. And with that being said, I worked my booty off in the shop today, with many breaks and Honey Do's. As well as a wired 3 year old over at his house and wanted all attention on him and got to see my new one Yep he is a cutie. So on with today been building a box out of nothing, and something. A bunch of everything and a bit of everything yep for sure, Amie is Here!!!!!!!!! close! Chloe is coming! close
20201016_181054.jpg
20201016_181101 (1).jpg
20201016_181133.jpg
20201017_120132.jpg
20201017_120139.jpg
20201017_143730.jpg
20201017_120157.jpg
20201017_183810.jpg
20201017_183815.jpg
20201017_191819.jpg
20201017_230704.jpg
20201017_230709.jpg
20201017_230715.jpg
Well there are some tidbits, George are you talking about Amie's blue eyes? As you can see I bout have another completed battery box. Still some trimming and cleaning up the edges. As well as soldering some things up, I was wondering if I should do some blinking lights on this box? might be to busy I will have to think on this one. This box will get some detail elements, also the other box still needs more detail on it but it is getting there. Soldering man all that I have done I have built about 50 light sabers and I have a special one that I have been getting parts for it is nice can't wait to fire it up, but still need some main parts for this. It is kind of a here and there project hit and miss. Get a good Saber Shop sound board. To many projects but I love this RPF and Sharing Amie is Here!!!!!!!!! close! Chloe is coming! close Thanks

Kermet, 'Blue Hazard' only applies to being in the pitch dark, combined with blue light being your ONLY light source there, and you looking at it as you are trying to focus at that blue light in the pitch dark.
If you have multiple light sources in the shop aside from the blue lights, you should be fine.

It is always better for the eyes to have enough light at your work space.Just make sure you're not working under a small reading lamp.The amount of light in your shop looks plenty to me.

Keep up the good work(y)

Thanks George, I will be very careful not to stare into Amie's eyes they are mesmerizing, Okay I am having some wiring problems, I changed my box form 9 volt to 2 AA battery's both boxes run on AA an after a bit of them running and turn the box off the battery's start to get hot, I don't want to blow out any more lights they are working fine eyes and brain and box. So I didn't want to run 2 boxes so I conjoined them into 1 box and ran the eye wire through her bottom neck spine bone. The boxes look cool attached to her still a bit more detail then some painting and Amie will be completely Here. I do need to fix this battery problem got something wired wrong so me awaitest this complication. So here is a whole bunch of everything and something Amie is here!!!!!!!!!! close! Chloe is coming! close and Mindy isn't far! close. Thanks and Enjoy
20201018_103733.jpg
20201018_111512.jpg
20201018_111605.jpg
20201018_135452.jpg
20201018_140853.jpg
20201018_143851.jpg
20201018_143855.jpg
20201018_143905.jpg
20201018_150044.jpg
20201018_211325.jpg
20201018_211334.jpg
20201018_212857.jpg
20201018_212917.jpg
20201018_212939.jpg
Well if you notice how I wired soldered and heat shrink the wires in one pic I messed up and wired all this done and looked and the wires wasn't ran through the box first, then soldered and heat shrink, I had to snip and redo all that just got busy and wasn't watching what I was doing dummy me. speaking of such, That is Olly my kick dummy laying in the floor being moved to a new location. its getting cold so I have to move my stripping box to a warm place and Olly was in the way. Yep my shop is heated but I run a small heater when I'm not in there. and its really not cold enough for the big heater to be turned on. So trying to figure this out on the wiring, I'm afraid of leaving the battery's in the boxes don't want to mess up anything at this point. Back to the shop in the morning see what I can tare up Amie is Here!!!!!!!!!! close and Chloe is coming! close Mindy isn't far! close

Yep I guess somewhere along the way I will build Mindy she will be more even more robotic looking face and all, and I might do some changing up on Chloe I can already see all I need to change on her build. Thanks

Yes Thanks George, I will check that out here in a bit. Well I did some moving around today and also a bit of tidbit work, not long in the shop today. Yep I kind a gave me eyes a break, only about 30 min spent on the tidbit and not much on moving. I thought I would share anyways Amie is Here!!!!!!!!!!! close Chloe is coming! close and Yep Thanks and Enjoy
20201019_203624.jpg
20201019_203713.jpg
20201019_204758.jpg
20201019_204735.jpg
Well Okay, I will have to get this wiring figured out, all her lights are working perfectly and I don't need any problems at this point. Back to the shop in the morning get something wired Amie is Here!!!!!!!!!!! close Chilling and watching. Chloe is coming! close Thanks

Thanks for sharing that George, seemed like a good study. Yes I will be more careful when working with blue LED lights never would have thought. Yep something to think about for sure Thanks

I never knew it either and I love the sight of kobalt/violet-blue, but then I read about it a few years ago and was flabbergasted.Also,your posts about your eyes got me thinking about the subject again.Better safe than sorry.That being said: awesome color for her eyes and with additional lights on it shouldn't be a problem(y)

Speaking of such lights George, I will be building this other light saber here soon, I still got a few parts left to get. I have built several over time, and these sabers have some strong bright CREE LED lights more blue built a couple green and some red, The saber I am building is the one Obiwan hands Luke. the Led lights I will be using will be blue blue white. You know these saber blades all light up are very bright, I will have to be careful on this. Wow! With all that said, I spent a bunch of time in the shop today just studying and thinking gathering parts and bits for a up coming build. Yep the walker from Star Wars Rebels, I will share this build here on the RPF. I as well gave my eyes some rest today much needed. back to the shop in the morning, get some stuff done. Amie is Here!!!!!!!!!!! close Chloe is coming! close Thanks George for your input on the lights. Thanks

Well a day long in the waiting, got Amie's wiring all taken care of did a bit of detail painting. Also started the new thread on the walker. And AMIE IS HERE!!!!!!!!!!!! completely! close. and Chloe isn't far coming! close, There is a series of pics I am going to post here soon that day comes soon. You will see. And most of all THANK YOU George!!!! for all you good words and the encouragement much needed very much, also for faithfully following as well as your input Thank you for that as well And to all the lookers and commenters . Amie is Here Completely close Chloe is coming! close
20201021_100809.jpg
20201021_100826.jpg
20201021_100836.jpg
20201021_135652.jpg
20201021_142248.jpg
Well keep a eye out here soon pics coming, and yep Amie is in the house. and I been wondering where my shop fan was I guess Wifey snuck it in. Yep she was wondering how Amie got in there cause I was across the street for a bit and I guess she seen her sitting there chilling when she got home. Thanks Again guys and George Thanks

Welcome to the future ! What a cool sight :D
What can I say...I'm a sucker for the unconventional and exceptional projects.
Iron man, Batman, all of it has been done times infinity.I thought this project was refreshing.
Thanks for the ride, Kermet ! On to the next one !

Yep Analyzer that was a trick, I did a test using one led and it worked I started with 5mm LED's and was out of them so I had 3mm so I was able to use some forceps and cram 5 on the left and only able to get 4 on her right but they all work great. And yes George on to the next the walker is going to be a big build, after studying the screen grabs I got. this thing has a bunch of part making. It will be fun though. Keep a eye out on this post about Amie cool pics coming speaking of some cool pic Amie has a pretty good grip. Amie Is Here! close Chloe is coming! close Thanks and Enjoy
20201022_114748.jpg
20201022_114814.jpg
Well Thanks everyone who looked peeked and followed this thread As well as the comments likes and all! Back to the shop in the morning, start making some parts for a walker and just know this Chloe is coming! close. Thanks

Well here we go again with Amie miss behaving. I turned on her lights today and some thing was happening. I removed her head and off to the shop I went, once there I fired up the solder station. After that I needed some time to think why so I gathered some plastic for a walker project I have. After the gathering I took this all apart and went on to figure out why. Man I caniblized the whole thing then I got it right and with a test I do thinkest I may got it. So here is Amie chilling Here close! and a big mess at first the it all went very simple. Amie is Here! close. and Chloe is coming! close. Back to the shop in the morning and wrap this up with some pics of course and get a walker started Thanks and Enjoy
20201023_110140.jpg
20201023_111041.jpg
20201023_112203.jpg
20201023_201205.jpg
20201023_214301.jpg
20201023_214306.jpg
Yep took it all down to one simple box, and it works will show progress, wow what a moment that was. Thanks

Well I have figured out the situation, I now have her working great the only thing is this 9 volt system is really not strong enough to pull all the LED's firing all at once 9 volt battery will last about 10 min max but her lights are fantastic. I need a new battery cause this battery has already had about 6 min taken out of it. and after messing around today I took about 5 min of that away, as me reachest for me phone for some pics of this by the time I could take a pic her lights started to grow tired and stopped so dead I did get the last few sec before they died, but man her eyes are super cool everything works great brain popping eyes glowing super blue very happy and only the one switch works it. AMIE IS HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!! CLOSE! Chloe is there coming! close with Amie looking at her close! And as said more to come here in a few days on Amie Thanks again and Enjoy
20201024_103620.jpg
20201024_103653.jpg
20201024_103706.jpg
This was the last seconds before all power stopped, just a faint glow as they stopped oh well I seen it and just wait new battery coming.
20201022_114814.jpg
And yep Amie is still chilling, but with her new pack, battery sucker. Well Back to the shop on the morning see about a walker And there is Amie Here Chilling close Thanks Guys A Bunch Love the RPF its GREAT!

Okay with my test pack which is only 2 AA and wasn't strong enough for her eyes and only fired her brain for just enough time for this pic. Amie is Here! chilling! close. Chloe is coming! close Thanks and Enjoy
20201025_172613.jpg
got to get me some battery's and getting low on glue once again, cool pics coming. Thanks

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back