GI JOE 2: Retaliation Trailer up!

Yea still looks better than the original.

Campy Dialogue will make it feel like the cartoon I hope and less like whatever that was they gave us last time.

You thought the new trailer was that bad? It has Firefly creating intricate explosive devices, a CC helmet that looks right, and H.I.S.S. tank bliss!:confused :lol

Having to hear the Rock quote "the immortal words of Jay-Z" as the Joes go into battle just makes me cringe as it is such a desperate marketing gimmick. Want to have Don't Let Me Die as the music for the trailer to try to sell your movie? No problem. Having a character spell it out? Sad and pathetic. To me, it is a sign that this movie isn't being taken any more seriously than the first and while I will still go to see it because I love GI Joe and I have no doubt there will be a few memorable scenes, I was hoping this movie would try to elevate the material, even if only a little bit... and things like this show very clearly that isn't going to happen. Lowest common denominator.

Surprised no one posted this pic yet:

11140-g-i-joe-retaliation-cobra-commander-image-600x247.jpg

Looking more like the GI Joe from the 80s!

Oh maybe they just did that for the trailer...:confused...I had it on mute and only saw the pretty pictures the first time around. Definitely cheesy quoting directly like that:facepalm. The movie seems to have a few memorable set pieces, far more memorable than anything I remember seeing in the WHOLE first movie. We shall see!

Last edited:
That Superbowl ad makes the movie look DUMB. I really think that trailers can make or break how a movie does...this one certainly doesn't help.

Is anyone surprised, look who's directing this.

Jon M. Chu - IMDb

With this guy's repertoire, he shouldn't be a 1000 feet near this movie. I suspect he's an old-school Joe fan and just wanted to do something a little different, and hopefully, if is heart is really in the 80's nostalgia, maybe we'll get what we want. Personally, I'm already sold on the revamped Snake Eyes, a proper Cobra Commander, Firefly, Rattlers and HISS tanks.

Is anyone surprised, look who's directing this.

Jon M. Chu - IMDb

With this guy's repertoire, he shouldn't be a 1000 feet near this movie. I suspect he's an old-school Joe fan and just wanted to do something a little different, and hopefully, if is heart is really in the 80's nostalgia, maybe we'll get what we want. Personally, I'm already sold on the revamped Snake Eyes, a proper Cobra Commander, Firefly, Rattlers and HISS tanks.

I was excited when I saw the Rattlers too!

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back