GI JOE 2: Retaliation Trailer up!

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Movie Talk' started by Rusty85, Dec 12, 2011.

1. Rusty85

Rusty85 Sr Member

2. Larry Young

Larry Young Master Member

I think I would go see a movie that was two hours of Justin Beiber singing if it had a cameo of Bruce Willis shooting people while making with the quips.

3. Scareb

Scareb Sr Member

I hated the first one but I'm pretty shocked to say this looks badass.

4. micdavis

micdavis Master Member

I love the first one and am sure glad they are doing more.

Bruuuuuuuuuce!!!!

5. Jedi2016

Jedi2016 Sr Member

I'm with Scareb.. the first one was horrific on many levels, but this one actually looks might it might be fun. Dwayne Johnson and Bruce Willis? Yeah, I'm probably there.

6. DavidS

DavidS Sr Member

Holy hell, I havent enjoyed a movie trailer that much in a long time!!

Way to ROCK it out with Bruce!

so let me get this straight, since the first one sucked, they just KILLED all the main characters except Duke and snakeeyes?
    dennis quad? the wayon brother? all dead?

7. The BDK

The BDK Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Holy Crap! Now that looks good!

8. JoeG

JoeG Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

As a fan of the Marvel comic and the 80s cartoon I'm really excited about this! Looks so awesome!

9. firesprite

firesprite Master Member

I'm totally jazzed for this! Love that they fixed Snake Eyes' look. Jinx looks badass... and let's be honest... THE ROCK!!! :love

I just had a geek-gasm in my living room. ;)

10. Egon Spengler

Egon Spengler Sr Member

Looks cool. Better than the first.

11. Art Andrews

Art Andrews Community Owner Community Staff

It was the only way... and actually, why they left Duke is beyond me.

12. Rusty85

Rusty85 Sr Member

They didn't show Duke much in the trailer, I wonder if maybe he does die off early on?

13. Qui-Gonzalez

Qui-Gonzalez Master Member

They needed a "Face". This I will spend money at the actual theater on. The first was a Redboxer at best.

14. Maelstrom

Maelstrom Sr Member

Thought the coolest image in the trailer, although a very short part, was the Cobra banners unfurling down the front of the White House. I'm glad GI Joe finally wised up and recruited John McClane!

15. Yellowjacket

Yellowjacket Well-Known Member

Meh. And not just meh. Meh with prejudice.

16. AxiomUltra

AxiomUltra Active Member

at least Cobra Commander looks the part

Should have gone that way the first time around

17. Propazoid

Propazoid Well-Known Member

This is what the first one should have looked like.
    Who knew killing the entire cast is all they needed to do! :love

-Robb

18. Jeyl

Jeyl Master Member

I'm certainly not going to miss that cardboard cut out if that's the case.

This trailer looked so refreshing. No signs of comic relief? Awesome. Lady Jaye? Thank you. Cobra Commander finally looking like Cobra Commander and looking awesome while doing it? Bravo. The Rock carrying that 50 cal canon with his bare hands??? Hooray!

19. Mr Fett

Mr Fett Sr Member

They made a wise choice with having a more classic Cobra Commander battle helmet this time instead of the pure lameness they used the first movie.

20. Larry Young

Larry Young Master Member

This should give everyone hope for Green Lantern 2. Hwood is obviously capable of learning its lesson.

21. JD

JD Master Member

Sorry, trailer did nothing for me. I thought the first one was 'meh,' like a lot of people. But, the worst part of it was the main actor Channing Tatum; the man couldn't act to save his life... yet, they brought him back!?

I understand Joseph Gordon Levitt, Sienna Miller and Marlon Wayans probably want to get as far away from this franchise as possible. I think nowadays you throw enough zeroes behind a dollar sign and you can get Willis.

22. Deathstalker II

Deathstalker II Well-Known Member

I loved the first film, and am extremely disappointed that there is no Scarlett, Destro or Baroness. I'd imagine that Duke is only assumed dead, and he'll show up to help out when the chips are down.

That said - this didn't look too bad. And it has inspired MY FIRST EVER MEME:

[​IMG]

23. Noeland

Noeland Sr Member

It doesn't look atrocious, which is more than I expected. Looks fun.

24. Deathstalker II

Deathstalker II Well-Known Member

To Yellowjacket and JD: I don't know you, and I don't mean to be rude, but "meh" is never valid criticism.

And if you've ever seen A Guide to Recognizing Your Saints or Stop Loss, you'd know that Tatum's actually a really good actor - he's just playing sorta' whitebread in the first Joe. He had no choice; that was the character.

25. JoeG

Watched it again just to see the Rattlers and H.I.S.S. :D

26. cayman shen

cayman shen Master Member

The first film was an atrocity. As a man who has every Marvel reprint on his shelf and 50 reprints of the 80s figure card art lining the wall above my classroom's white board, I have to say that as a superfan I was just horrified to watch that crap.

This trailer gave me a geekgasm. Jinx. Vipers (that look like Vipers. Or was it CC? Either way, awesome). Red Ninja cliff battles. I'm so freaking stoked I can't stand it.

Now if we can get a Firefly cameo and Zartan in something approximating his 80s garb, I will fly to LA and shake the director's hand, and have tears of pure joy on my cheeks as I do it.

And not a mother ****ing "advnanced action suit" in sight (y)thumbsup(y)thumbsup:thumbsup

The third one has gotta have Serpentor and Cobra Island!

Deathstalker, amazing pic! Ima print that out and put it on my classroom door!

27. JoeG

Firefly was in that trailer. He was unmasked, though.

28. cayman shen

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! Gonna rewatch it.

Deathstalker, throwing your pic on my facebook page. I'll spread your meme as best I can :)

Edit: omg the WHALE!

29. Agent RayBans

Agent RayBans Sr Member

I'm digging the song in the trailer, a cover of The White Stripes' Seven Nation Army, right?

30. cayman shen

Yup. :cool

31. The BDK

The BDK Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Where? Scared guy next to CC and Zartan?

32. Ronan87

Ronan87 Sr Member

WIN!!! :lol

33. Yellowjacket

Yellowjacket Well-Known Member

Very true, and I won't argue the truth of it, for meh is reserved for only the smallest portion of feature films. The forgettable.

My opinion is that this movie will fall beneath criticism. Criticism is reserved for a movie that falls well within only one of two camps. Good or Bad.

If the trailer is truly the art of the most 'compelling' or 'interesting' parts of the whole, then I believe that this movie will be pedestrian, predictable. Hollywood has merely corrected the abysmal mistake of the first be steering into an avenue of the formulaic. Action by overreaction.

We'll kill everyone and start over, but we'll do so by killing the vast majority of the characters we established before (so poorly that their lives are meaningless to us and are therefore peripheral in emotional importance) and make the heroes seem...what? Courageous carbon copies of copies of copies of copies of real heroes. Underdog pseudo-heroes who will survive everything, be threatened by nothing, and stand before waving flags as the curtain falls.

I'd go on, but I've taxed myself beyond the very honest to goodness gut reaction I had before.

34. JoeG

The scene where CC is in some sort of fortress with the president on one side of him. The guy on the other side of CC is Ray Stevenson who plays Firefly. Also there is a fight scene with Roadblock and Firefly shown in the trailer.

35. crabra comander

crabra comander Sr Member

Oh this has win etched in stone....:thumbsup
    That Cobra Commander almost looks as good as the IDW Cobra Commander.
    And if he has battle armor, instant classic!

36. CTF

CTF Sr Member

The only good thing 'bout that trailer is the use of The White Stripes (kinda like John Carter using Led Zeppelin).

Say what you want 'bout the prequels, and I always do, but at least the toys came after the movies. I tell ya, basing movies on a line of toys is ****ing retarded.

37. robstyle

robstyle Sr Member

The first one had a massive amount of violence, blood and death but it was toned down to a seemingly alternate movie. 80's camp action movies need to be kept in the 80's. It doesnt work with modern CGI, over used slow motion or bad casting. I hope this one will be different in the final edit but to me its on the same scale as the first which is big bang boom. I dont mean that in a bad way, just prefer its kept watchable.

38. Noeland

Noeland Sr Member

Pretty sure the body they pull the dog tags off of is Duke.

39. JD

JD Master Member

Didn't claim it was a valid ciriticism and no where in my post did I said 'my critique is...' I stated that I thought the first film was 'meh.'

Meh.

Take 'meh' for what you want it to mean but the most accepted usage is mediocre - or apathetic. Both of which apply to my thoughts on the first GI Joe movie. It's a film that I saw once in the theater and parts of it again on Netflix - some of it was fun, but the lead character/actor was painful to watch. Sienna Miller was fun to watch and I've always thought Dennis Quaid had a certain machismo-esque charm.

I can only base my thoughts on Channing Tatum n GI Joe and the 21 Jump Street trailer. And I've seen little impressive acting ability and absolutely no on screen charisma at all.

40. kalkamel

kalkamel Sr Member

The fact that Marlon Wayans is NOT in the movie makes me wanna go see it.

41. Kerr Avon

Kerr Avon Master Member

Yup. That's what the first movie should have looked like.

No ****ing super suits and Wayans brothers to make dumb * jokes.

42. hydin

hydin Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Didn't realize that was supposed to be CC, I just thought he was just the generic "viper" soldier.

Helmet is damned near identical to the toy.

Looks interesting though, wondering how they are gonna put storm shadow and snake eyes on the good guys team together.

Chris

43. CB2001

CB2001 Master Member

I haven't seen the first one. Heard it was bad. Don't know about about this one, but I grew up on the G.I. Joe animated series and used to play with my Dad's 12-inch G.I. Joes that he played with when he was little (they're still in good shape and are in our display case right now, including the rare German Infantryman).

Last edited: Feb 6, 2012
  44. vader1974

vader1974 Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Ok, I am lost. They killed all the Joes (order 66). Who survived and who is Bruce?

45. CB2001

CB2001 Master Member

Last edited: Dec 12, 2011
  46. Rusty85

Rusty85 Sr Member

What makes you think they're gonna be on the same team? I thought they were arch enemies?

47. JoeLuna33

JoeLuna33 New Member

Awesome! And posted to Facebook.

Thanks!

48. Mechinyun

Mechinyun Sr Member

Trailer looked good!!

49. Shadow345

Shadow345 Well-Known Member

Didn't like the first one much but I have to admit this trailer looks awesome.

50. GDafi

GDafi Sr Member

I only saw the first one recently, and while I enjoyed it, thought it could have been better.
    This one looks like it might actually deliver, plus the have Dwayne and Bruce.:love