GI JOE 2: Retaliation Trailer up!

On the bright side, it seems like some of the movie toys have made their way to stores. Wonder if they'll be pulled?

Oh good freakin' grief... I just read the article that Willie posted. More Tatum?!? Are you kidding me?
Okay, glad I'm not the only one that said (dripping sarcasm) "Yeah, that's exactly what this film needs is more Tatum. Hell, might as well give me a half hour of Marlon Wayans while they're at it."

The casting was one of the things that killed the first film, and it's horrific to think that this one is possibly not better, but actually worse than the first one.

The trailers made it look good. I'm going to be sorely disappointed if the trailers are lying.

First off, thanks for the vote of confidence bud!:thumbsup
Second...yes. :cool
This now changes our business plan and product strategy entirely. Not only do we have more time for product development, but we now have the luxury of time to not only make everything we have in place that much better...but also to be able to plan and organize our pre-sales to coincide with the movie release date for delivered goods....and THAT'S exciting!

Just imagine what we can do with the luxury of time on our side...Now we'll be able to release a full character line at once - without having to scale different character releases every quarter...and for the fans and collectors, this is a good thing.
:thumbsup

David

Please tell me you guys are going to offer the Cobra Commander helmet. I'll buy that in an instant!

After having a day to calm down, I can see a few things. IF the movie did test poorly, and I do find it odd that these negative screenings JUST NOW come to light, and they want to tweak a few things, then sure, by all means. Where you worried about getting lost with Spider-Man around the corner, ok, I get that...even though it's not like you weren't aware it was there this whole time. But seriously? More Tatum? I know, his career is a bit higher than it was when the movie was written an filmed and hype on him is pretty big right now. But, damn...he was so bad in the first movie. I admit, he looked like he was okay in 21 Jump Street (which I can only speak about the previews, haven't seen the film) but the role suited him....he played a meathead. But really, without major, MAJOR re-shoots they can't put him in too much more. So, whatever.

Guess I got more time to rubb and buff that M79 silver...

Okay, glad I'm not the only one that said (dripping sarcasm) "Yeah, that's exactly what this film needs is more Tatum. Hell, might as well give me a half hour of Marlon Wayans while they're at it."

The casting was one of the things that killed the first film, and it's horrific to think that this one is possibly not better, but actually worse than the first one.

I wouldn't say casting as a whole, just Tatum, Marlon Wayans, and Joseph Gordon Levitt IMO. I thought the rest were right on.

3D? Well, they had to say something rather than 'it sucks'.

Maybe they were impressed by The Avengers. 'That's in 3D y'know. Ours should be in 3D too'.
Or maybe they were frightened by the way Battleship was sunk by the Helicarrier. With Batman and Spider-man coming out they ran away and hid.

I think the Rock makes lousy movie choices. The Rundown was good. Everything since then was forgettable. Since he choose to be in G.I. Joe it must be lousy as well.

More Tatum?! Maybe they meant more Tatum rather than some other even more sucky performances.

Just learned more about the storyline (after seeing the toyline) and any hope I had of this movie not being a travesty just went right out the window... :( I would be THRILLED to be proven wrong in 9 months, but I predict now, that isn't going to happen.

Just learned more about the storyline (after seeing the toyline) and any hope I had of this movie not being a travesty just went right out the window... :( I would be THRILLED to be proven wrong in 9 months, but I predict now, that isn't going to happen.

Crap, I haven't seen the toys yet...what did you learn? I've seen pics of the toys and they are crap, until wave 2 and 3.

I did read some spoilerish things from someone who was at a test screening, but nothing that turned me off. A cheesy line from Cobra Commander, but that kind of stuff I expected anyway.

To be fair, in G.I.*Joe: Renegades, which is now available in its entirety on Netflix for Instant Streaming, the 2-part episode "The Return of the Arashikage" featured Snake-Eyes taking the other renegade Joes (Roadblock, Duke, Scarlett, and Tunnel Rat) to his dojo to train them in ninja combat techniques. But the big difference is that he never actually made any of them members of the Arashikage Clan. He simply gave them some basic training to make them more effective in combat. So, while Retaliation borrows that idea from Renegades, they clearly go in a different, stupider direction with it. :unsure

Apparently, a large part of the story is that Snake Eyes trains Roadblock to be a ninja and he becomes a part of the Arashikage Clan. I am just shaking my head...

View attachment 96331

Well, I think there will be quite a few moments of that, I mean Cobra Commander was firing his Desert Eagle from the side of a helicopter, one handed.
Snake Eyes causes an avanlanche.
Roadblock "hip fires" a 50. cal. Which is possible, I think, but not an easy task.
Maybe he will learn how to hone his skills a little. Nothing major I hope. Don't forget Roadblock likes to cook and rap in the old cartoon...:confused
Paramount better be fixing and not just adding gimmicks.

Apparently, a large part of the story is that Snake Eyes trains Roadblock to be a ninja and he becomes a part of the Arashikage Clan. I am just shaking my head...

View attachment 96331

I was under the impression that for this film, Roadblock had already trained under the Arashikage in the past. I can live with that. If he actually begins/completes his Ninja training in the course of the film, that would be silly. I still hold out hope that it is a better film than the last.

Oh, and hit the toy isle in Wal-Mart today. No single carded figures, but had the larger electronic Roadblock and Snake Eyes and the motorcycles.

I was under the impression that for this film, Roadblock had already trained under the Arashikage in the past. I can live with that. If he actually begins/completes his Ninja training in the course of the film, that would be silly. I still hold out hope that it is a better film than the last.

Oh, and hit the toy isle in Wal-Mart today. No single carded figures, but had the larger electronic Roadblock and Snake Eyes and the motorcycles.

Yup. Roadblock training with the Arashikage clan was already shown in the movie prequel comic. I dont remember seeing Roadblock sporting the tattoo, though. He just needed more skills to go after the bad guys that killed his buddy, Mainframe.

Interesting read. Sounds like they already shot new scenes with Tatum.

and also sounds like they still intend to kill him off, which I was worried the studio was wanting the reshoots to undo. Would have been the '87 movie all over again!

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back