Ghostbusters: Afterlife

Am I the only one that has an issue with the cinematography? Way too much depth of field / foreground and little to no head space. It totally removed the original films for me as it didn't mesh visually.

Am I the only one that has an issue with the cinematography? Way too much depth of field / foreground and little to no head space. It totally removed the original films for me as it didn't mesh visually.
Not being rude, but that was the least of my issues with the movie. I was so disconnect and frustrated I didn’t noticed the depth and field

Good news? Bad news? Ambivalent news?

Well, GB:A is now available on VOD. Its theatrical run has made $61.3 million overseas, giving it a current $184.7 million worldwide total. It had an estimated $75 million production cost, which is extremely low per today's standards but does not include marketing/advertising. And that's less than the $200+ the 2016 all female lead cast Ghostbusters brought in.

I wonder if this will even break even. Considering that the production studio gets about 50% of the box office revenue.

Probably not good enough to warrant new GB films with the Youth Crew.

Well, GB:A is now available on VOD. Its theatrical run has made $61.3 million overseas, giving it a current $184.7 million worldwide total. It had an estimated $75 million production cost, which is extremely low per today's standards but does not include marketing/advertising. And that's less than the $200+ the 2016 all female lead cast Ghostbusters brought in.

I wonder if this will even break even. Considering that the production studio gets about 50% of the box office revenue.

Never say never...I would like to ask all of you, fans of GB; what kind of GB movie would turn your crank? ;)

this is wicked interesting, but i am not surprised by these numbers. im more surprised at how many people loved the film. pretty sure im the only one who left the theater disgusted

this is wicked interesting, but i am not surprised by these numbers. im more surprised at how many people loved the film. pretty sure im the only one who left the theater disgusted

Well, we weren't disgusted, but your'e not alone on not caring for it much. I knew this was a different sort of film going in but even prepping myself didn't help. They should have skipped this whole film and just did Winston setting up in NY again as the starting point.

Well, we weren't disgusted, but your'e not alone on not caring for it much. I knew this was a different sort of film going in but even prepping myself didn't help. They should have skipped this whole film and just did Winston setting up in NY again as the starting point.
yeah it is what it is i guess, curious with these numbers if they still will have a sequel?

yeah it is what it is i guess, curious with these numbers if they still will have a sequel?

Probably not is my guess now, but if they can let Akroyd write, he's crazy true believer of that stuff and I'm sure could come up with new stuff,, and the kids would be much older maybe we can get the humor back. Plus I know Akroyd wanted to advance the technology considerably in past interviews.

Probably not is my guess now, but if they can let Akroyd write, he's crazy true believer of that stuff and I'm sure could come up with new stuff,, and the kids would be much older maybe we can get the humor back. Plus I know Akroyd wanted to advance the technology considerably in past interviews.
Really wish Sony would have given him total control on the project.

I also think Akroyd is just a kind person and doesn’t want to hurt anyones feelings when things aren’t going the way they should..

Nope!

The whole ending had me disgusted… I try not to jump on threads and whine about movies I don’t like - but got curious on this thread… cuz so many people talk positively of it.

I got bored midway through… and didn’t like where I figured they were heading (ghost Egon)…

It did surprise me That they went full ORIGINAL THIRD ACT REMAKE before the “dug up corpse” cameo…

Bah - I had a lot of hope for it.

At least there’s still Matrix Resurrection to watch! That will probably be good! Unless just they spend the whole movie explaining nonsensical meta plot stuff…..

(Jokes. I’ve seen that mess already)

Nope!

The whole ending had me disgusted… I try not to jump on threads and whine about movies I don’t like - but got curious on this thread… cuz so many people talk positively of it.

I got bored midway through… and didn’t like where I figured they were heading (ghost Egon)…

It did surprise me That they went full ORIGINAL THIRD ACT REMAKE before the “dug up corpse” cameo…

Bah - I had a lot of hope for it.

At least there’s still Matrix Resurrection to watch! That will probably be good! Unless just they spend the whole movie explaining nonsensical meta plot stuff…..

(Jokes. I’ve seen that mess already)
Lol I saved the ticket money and read everyone’s posts here

Most likely if I went to the theater anyway I wouldn’t have understood it like the last 3 films ;)

Not an apples to apples comparison, but Disney's TRON:Legacy in 2010 made $400 million worldwide gross, before figuring in the DVD/Bluray sales.

Even that wasn't enough to convince the Mouse to make a direct sequel... yet. They went with a very underrated animated series TRON:Uprising.

So TheRPFers, I was wondering: should Amazon Prime or Netflix option a Ghostbusters live action SERIES?

Not an apples to apples comparison, but Disney's TRON:Legacy in 2010 made $400 million worldwide gross, before figuring in the DVD/Bluray sales.

Even that wasn't enough to convince the Mouse to make a direct sequel... yet. They went with a very underrated animated series TRON:Uprising.

So TheRPFers, I was wondering: should Amazon Prime or Netflix option a Ghostbusters live action SERIES?
My personal opinion, ghostbusters isn’t ghostbusters with out egon..

Afterlife is not ghostbusters to me

Even that wasn't enough to convince the Mouse to make a direct sequel... yet.

The difference is Sony doesn't have the large stable of healthy franchises Disney does. They are still working on growing what they have. Since Afterlife was cheaper to make than GB2016, and was much better received with general audiences, it's probably worth investing in further. Plus the studios know that potential revenues are generally depressed right now (unless you are Spiderman).

Probably needed to make 275 mill to break even.

The wife and I watched this the other night. It’s not perfect but we had fun watching it. There was more than a few jokes where I laughed out loud. Considering we could not get through the all girls movie I’ll consider this a win.

The difference is Sony doesn't have the large stable of healthy franchises Disney does. They are still working on growing what they have. Since Afterlife was cheaper to make than GB2016, and was much better received with general audiences, it's probably worth investing in further. Plus the studios know that potential revenues are generally depressed right now (unless you are Spiderman).
I’ve always wondered why Sony can’t find anyone to help them with their movies..

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back