Ghostbusters: Afterlife

Which is the direction I wish it would have went. Not make them has-beens. Global ghostbusting, Big Ghost industry, Global competition!
They could have, but Columbia made them screw the pooch with the second film by forcing them to basically remake the first film. However, in the Ghostsbusters: The Video Game, their commercial at the start of the game has Peter mentioning "Franchise opportunities coming soon." So, it wasn't forgotten.

Honestly, I don't mind the way it went. It actually makes a lot of sense if you think about it: Part of why there was so much ghostly activity in New York was because of the Spook Central building, channeling the ghostly activity to allow Gozer into our world. With that gone, and the guys doing what they do best, eventually the ghostly activity would cease up. And with the mines that were used to get the materials to make the girders for the building still existing, it would make sense that they would in turn lead the ghostly activity to Summerville (and seeing that Shandor made the town, he was purposefully trying to make it a second Sumerian society. I mean, the name itself gives it away. Summerville. Summar(ian)ville.). Though it seems like it's not the right direction to have taken the OG, it's actually the most realistic. Basically, the lack of ghost activity in New York (outside of Summerville, there's no indication that there has been any ghostly activity that matched what was presented in the first two films anywhere else in the world) would basically put ghostbusting into the area of a job that doesn't exist anymore, like Linotype operator, ice cutters, cigarette girls, phrenologists, redsmiths, rat catchers and soda jerks. I get what you're saying, it sucks seeing that things went down hill for our heroes, but life throws curveballs, and sometimes, it takes away what it gives.

They could have, but Columbia made them screw the pooch with the second film by forcing them to basically remake the first film. However, in the Ghostsbusters: The Video Game, their commercial at the start of the game has Peter mentioning "Franchise opportunities coming soon." So, it wasn't forgotten.

Honestly, I don't mind the way it went. It actually makes a lot of sense if you think about it: Part of why there was so much ghostly activity in New York was because of the Spook Central building, channeling the ghostly activity to allow Gozer into our world. With that gone, and the guys doing what they do best, eventually the ghostly activity would cease up. And with the mines that were used to get the materials to make the girders for the building still existing, it would make sense that they would in turn lead the ghostly activity to Summerville (and seeing that Shandor made the town, he was purposefully trying to make it a second Sumerian society. I mean, the name itself gives it away. Summerville. Summar(ian)ville.). Though it seems like it's not the right direction to have taken the OG, it's actually the most realistic. Basically, the lack of ghost activity in New York (outside of Summerville, there's no indication that there has been any ghostly activity that matched what was presented in the first two films anywhere else in the world) would basically put ghostbusting into the area of a job that doesn't exist anymore, like Linotype operator, ice cutters, cigarette girls, phrenologists, redsmiths, rat catchers and soda jerks. I get what you're saying, it sucks seeing that things went down hill for our heroes, but life throws curveballs, and sometimes, it takes away what it gives.

And that's how it went down in films so we have to go with it of course but... always a big but........
Going forward, the profession and commercial need for busting could certainly bounce back... maybe bad guys make ghosts come back on purpose en-masse to get in on the money offering their services and gets out of control, or some other bad actors weaponizes ghosts to dominate the world, something like that, the latter would mean you need.... Ghost Corp! LOL Anyways, I think there is directions it still could go, with Winston the deep pockets and Ray the brain of it with his knowledge, Not sure what Peter should do.... I guess what he's best at, the used car salesman for all of it. LOL And these kids will be young adults by then, but man you have to have that clever humor and the magic comedy mannerisms that only certain actors manage to channel.

And that's how it went down in films so we have to go with it of course but... always a big but........
Going forward, the profession and commercial need for busting could certainly bounce back... maybe bad guys make ghosts come back on purpose en-masse to get in on the money offering their services and gets out of control, or some other bad actors weaponizes ghosts to dominate the world, something like that, the latter would mean you need.... Ghost Corp! LOL Anyways, I think there is directions it still could go, with Winston the deep pockets and Ray the brain of it with his knowledge, Not sure what Peter should do.... I guess what he's best at, the used car salesman for all of it. LOL And these kids will be young adults by then, but man you have to have that clever humor and the magic comedy mannerisms that only certain actors manage to channel.
I guess that's what the next story after Afterlife can be about: the resurrection of the Ghostbusters as a company. We know Winston still owns the old firehouse, and we know that Ecto-1 is back home in addition to something brewing with the containment unit.

I guess that's what the next story after Afterlife can be about: the resurrection of the Ghostbusters as a company. We know Winston still owns the old firehouse, and we know that Ecto-1 is back home in addition to something brewing with the containment unit.
Thats the bit that stuck out for me, Ray says on the phone its been turned into a Starbucks, but clearly not.

Thats the bit that stuck out for me, Ray says on the phone its been turned into a Starbucks, but clearly not.
Well, it could be that he was lying to Phoebe. Remember, at that moment, he was trying to keep her from "chasing ghosts." When she first called up, he almost hung up just for mentioning Ghostbusters. Another possibility is that Ray thought the firehouse was gone, but wasn't aware that Winston bought it, and Ray hasn't been in that area in years because it has a lot of memories that comes with it (and assumed that it was turned into a Starbucks because, well, there's a lot of Starbucks in New York City).

Well, it could be that he was lying to Phoebe. Remember, at that moment, he was trying to keep her from "chasing ghosts." When she first called up, he almost hung up just for mentioning Ghostbusters. Another possibility is that Ray thought the firehouse was gone, but wasn't aware that Winston bought it, and Ray hasn't been in that area in years because it has a lot of memories that comes with it (and assumed that it was turned into a Starbucks because, well, there's a lot of Starbucks in New York City).
I can totally give it a pass, it just stood out to me and could have been fixed with one line in Winston's chat with Janine at the end.

I can totally give it a pass, it just stood out to me and could have been fixed with one line in Winston's chat with Janine at the end.
I think the whole Star bucks thing was something they forgot to edit out when they changed the ending

Or they couldn’t edit it out due to that scene being finished and how the conversation is going.. don’t know if they could actually cut it and have the conversation still flow..

Just a simple in inconsistency issue I think

Jason has explained a few things, and I think this Star Bucks thing hasn’t been answered because it is just a simple error

I swear savage has stock in this movie lol
You say that like it would be a bad thing. Seriously, anyone who's a fan of Ghostbusters would have stock in this film. And besides, this isn't that much different from his BTS with Blade Runner 2046.

You say that like it would be a bad thing. Seriously, anyone who's a fan of Ghostbusters would have stock in this film. And besides, this isn't that much different from his BTS with Blade Runner 2046.
Honest to god I didn’t mean it negatively

Well... I thought I'd gotten screwed over with this ULTIMATE COLLECTOR'S SET that came out yesterday, but it's sounding like it was a blessing in disguise.

I had pre-ordered it using a gift card if received for Christmas, so I was getting it for less than $80. So yesterday, I see that my order has been cancelled & my gift card refunded. This is on Amazon & although you COULD buy it there, it's all 3rd party & the cheapest is $249. It's looking like SONY has dropped the ball in almost every possible way with this set..

Reports are that they changed the features for the non-US releases without informing customers of the changes before shipping. A majority of the sets are missing the digital codes. Several have reported that some of the individual movies are missing slipcovers, & worst of all, the GB1 & GB2 cases either have 2 copies of the same film or 2 Blu Rays instead of 1 Blu Ray & 1 4K disc.

My personal issue seems to have been caused my distribution issues where retailers were told they'd be getting a certain amount of the sets, but those numbers were overestimated. Companies like Best Buy got only enough to satisfy pre-orders made in-store, with NONE being available on the shelves or available for online ordering.

Capper to all this?

SONY seems to be taking a hardline stance saying these were advertised as 'Limited Editions' & have sold out, therefore, no more will be made & there are no avenues for replacing missing items. So, as I said, if you got one that was complete, congrats, but I think I dodged a bullet with not receiving mine.

I'm sure that rough cut of GB1 with the alternate takes & dialog will EVENTUALLY show up online. LOL

Usagi Pilgrim, it sounds like whatever Chinese factory Sony was going through screwed the pooch on this one, and hard. Supply chain and staffing issues have been wreaking merry havoc everywhere, but this is the hardest hit I think I've seen in geek circles recently (I am not counting ongoing issues companies have been having with Chinese factories for years, now -- just new issues).

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back