Ghostbusters (2016) (Post-release)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Ghostbusters Post Release

Of course I know it has nothing to do with the movie, but since it presents hard evidence of a major studio paying for reviews for its entertainment product, I thought it of interest to the discussion.

Okay i just got back from this movie. Spoilers ahead!

Dear lord...I'm not sure what to say.
It starts of pretty good. The haunted house scene is pretty spooky and sets up a movie that is not coming.Then we go to the title screen and the university of Colombia where Wig is working. A gentleman comes up to her asking about a book she wrote, and is asking about help about the ghost in the haunted house. She denies she wrote the book and looks up McCarthy to tell her she needs to stop publishing the book. That is where we meet Holtzmann, this character is really bad acted and directed. My god ...somebody wrote this character as Dexter (the cartoon and the series). After this encounter there is a fart joke (yes literally).
So they go investigate the haunted house, find the ghost in shock and then cut to Holtzmann EATING PRINGLES with the line "WHO CAN RESIST THESE TASTY SALTY TREATS".And that's the whole tone of this movie. There are two more product placements right into your face and it's all horrible done.
90% of this movie is junk: the cinematography, the script, the editing, the scenes, the acting, the jokes. Most of the "jokes" are flat liners, except those of Kevin. I had a laugh or two about the comic relief character (kevin) in a comedy movie.... All of the so called fan service is cringe to max. The cameos...cringe.The throwbacks...cringe.The reference to original...cringe. They even take a moment to address youtube comments.
Then this villain.
The motivation of the villain is nothing more than "people were mean to me, now they all are going to die".
I have nothing good to say about this movie...ANYONE that gives this movie more than a 4/10 is insane, biased or bought off.

If any of you have questions about it or want more details about it, just ask :)

EDIT: Almost forgot. The 3D is horrible. They add a black line to the top and bodem and the beams and the ghost fly out of frame by going over the black lines.

Last edited:

In all the years I have been here Neil is right up there with the biggest RPF trolls hall of fame. I have never seen anyone so astoundingly negative in this and other threads but this one takes the cake. Never has one man tried so hard to crap all over a stupid film in RPF history.

I have only been here for a few years, so I cant argue with that. But I was asking about Funkyjedi why he was making it personal. So what if he craps on a movie? We are on the internet after all. Im just asking why he was attacking him personally, and genuinely want to know. We get it, Neil hates the new Ghostbusters. Its not like he is the only one, and there are over 80 pages of rants and arguments from everyone on another thread.

And @funkyJedi dude Im not going to report you man are you kidding? I was just asking why you are personally attacking him, thats what I was wondering. The post I was referring to had nothing to do about the movie or agreeing with him or not, and you know it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pics or it didnt happen. :lol

I dont get it FJ, why are you trying to be a troll/****** to NeilT?

it's a thing crazy people like to do when their favorite movie is going to bomb ;o)

don't worry, i'm used to it. handy dandy ignore feature so you can let the unique personalities talk amongst themselves and bash you in private ;o)
People used to put folks on ignore or block when they annoyed them. now they make it a statement of vindication ;o)

Okay i just got back from this movie. Spoilers ahead!

Dear lord...I'm not sure what to say.
It starts of pretty good. The haunted house scene is pretty spooky and sets up a movie that is not coming.Then we go to the title screen and the university of Colombia where Wig is working. A gentleman comes up to her asking about a book she wrote, and is asking about help about the ghost in the haunted house. She denies she wrote the book and looks up McCarthy to tell her she needs to stop publishing the book. That is where we meet Holtzmann, this character is really bad acted and directed. My god ...somebody wrote this character as Dexter (the cartoon and the series). After this encounter there is a fart joke (yes literally).
So they go investigate the haunted house, find the ghost in shock and then cut to Holtzmann EATING PRINGLES with the line "WHO CAN RESIST THESE TASTY SALTY TREATS".And that's the whole tone of this movie. There are two more product placements right into your face and it's all horrible done.
90% of this movie is junk: the cinematography, the script, the editing, the scenes, the acting, the jokes. Most of the "jokes" are flat liners, except those of Kevin. I had a laugh or two about the comic relief character (kevin) in a comedy movie.... All of the so called fan service is cringe to max. The cameos...cringe.The throwbacks...cringe.The reference to original...cringe. They even take a moment to address youtube comments.
Then this villain.
The motivation of the villain is nothing more than "people were mean to me, now they all are going to die".
I have nothing good to say about this movie...ANYONE that gives this movie more than a 4/10 is insane, biased or bought off.

If any of you have questions about it or want more details about it, just ask :)

I'm just gonna leave this right here.... the happy people here can quote me all they want ;o)

along with this

13659026_10154194628860211_3965249980658547686_n.jpg

My Question: Was it this empty? or was yours full? ;o) (watch, this'll be the full one! llololol)

Yeah so nothing on the screen... not even an ad?

I can do that same shot, right now, for Secret Lives of Pets. I'll just find a screen 2 hours before the screening with NOTHING on it.

Don't be so gullible.

In all the years I have been here Neil is right up there with the biggest RPF trolls hall of fame. I have never seen anyone so astoundingly negative in this and other threads but this one takes the cake. Never has one man tried so hard to crap all over a stupid film in RPF history.
Not even The Wook with The Force Awakens? :p
(and that's not trolling... that's sarcastic teasing)

I can do that same shot, right now, for Secret Lives of Pets. I'll just find a screen 2 hours before the screening with NOTHING on it.

Don't be so gullible.

Or...you know...you could do that for any movie before it starts... :lol And just because there arent any ads on the screen doesnt mean its not about to show the movie. One of my local theaters doesnt show anything before the trailers. Dont assume.

Or...you know...you could do that for any movie before it starts... :lol And just because there arent any ads on the screen doesnt mean its not about to show the movie. One of my local theaters doesnt show anything before the trailers. Dont assume.

No one has produced an image of a full theater either, with an empty screen or not. (although with an empty screen, that could just as easily be secret life of pets too. We really need one with a movie playing here)
yet plenty of empty ones. Although for concrete proof, I would like to see one as the movie is playing ;o)

first one that does wins a prize.....not sure what. my troll basement is empty at the moment due to flood. I can attack myself too.....lets all join in.

What theater doesn't show ads before the flick starts these days? He go to the local indie theater?

Also the rest of his tweets complain about all the loud people and kids...

I really don't care about this film one way or the other but I do find this argument that it portrays men in a unflattering fashion very odd considering women have been portrayed that way in film for decades and no one seemed to mind but the women. Now the role is reversed and fanBOYS loos their mind. Grow up.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-07-12 at 4.23.38 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-07-12 at 4.23.38 PM.png
    178.7 KB · Views: 67

Don't be so gullible.

Well beside me and a friend there where two other people in that movie hall...its openings night.

I saw a similar review... only problem is all the characters that were described that in a negative light, were all treated the same in the original...

******* mayor...

Evil guy wanting to shut down the containment unit...

Evil guy who didn't want to pay cuz they wrecked his dining room...

Goofy nerd down the hall from the girl...

I don't think the guy in the tweet was talking about the actual screen, I think he means the theater was empty. He was happy to have it all to himself for his "me time". And it's not surprising to see a theater empty in the afternoon. I went to see both SW:TFA and CA:CW during matinee hours on Saturday's after the movies came out and the theater was still mostly empty when the show started. Matinee showings typically have low ticket sales because who wants to go see a movie at 3 p.m.?

I really don't care about this film one way or the other but I do find this argument that it portrays men in a unflattering fashion very odd considering women have been portrayed that way in film for decades and no one seemed to mind but the women. Now the role is reversed and fanBOYS loos their mind. Grow up.

I minded. Not sure why you didn't, stupid character is stupid, and it's not like no one said anything.

I like that you're consistent now, but it's also too late to get oh a high horse about it.

What is your problem, Neil?... every positive review you call a shill, or feminist, or SJW...

but every negative you pre empt with more negativity...

You're just miserable and making the boards miserable.

I minded. Not sure why you didn't, stupid character is stupid, and it's not like no one said anything.

I like that you're consistent now, but it's also too late to get oh a high horse about it.

I grew up with smart women.. starting with penny on inspector gadget. I never knew any other kind. and I HATED Kelly Bundy. didn't find her funny at all..

I hate stupid characters and stupid things in general. homer simpson was TEN Times more likeable in season 1 than he was even by season 5.

I grew up with smart women.. starting with penny on inspector gadget. I never knew any other kind. and I HATED Kelly Bundy. didn't find her funny at all..

I hate stupid characters and stupid things in general. homer simpson was TEN Times more likeable in season 1 than he was even by season 5.

dude, kelly bundy omg, my first crush!! lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back