Ghostbusters 2 Life size Vigo painting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually that was a good question as well. At what point can one lose the title "Recaster"? Can someone banned for recasting come back / be allowed back?

Cause I've called. Time to show there cards.

So you have turned it into a game where you win, not because you are right, but because you played your cards right?

Everyone has been pretty forthcoming with what they have. I highly doubt anyone is sitting on a pile of undisclosed evidence and no one has made notion of such.

Actually that was a good question as well. At what point can one lose the title "Recaster"? Can someone banned for recasting come back / be allowed back?

When Hotshot as well as some other sellers got banned for similar reasons, I always wondered if they could ever redeem themselves. I did feel bad for them, even Hotshot because outside of the selling fiasco he seemed like an okay guy. But here we are several years later and only now has he confessed and voiced any responsibility for his past crimes, and even then it wasn't out of remorse or amends, it was out of saving his own butt when he was caught in a corner. Now that he is addressing these claims I can't say he has really presented himself in a way that makes me want to embrace him back into the hobby. I don't understand the smug attitude coming from someone who in the same breath finally admitting he recast, and towards the people he denied all these years to ripping off.

Last edited:
This is absolutly a game.

That's how it works pal. I call, they show, I show.

I'll wait.

I love how people keep saying 'welcome him back.' I never left.

And I'd have thought someone in your position would be more interested in clearing his name than getting off on a technicality. Go figure.

So then you are now delaying, like you accused superman of doing?

I also notice no one wants to touch the question I posed regarding who has the "hobby rights".

Nope, just waiting to see if these guys come through on their threats/accusations. You know, like the last few times?

I am still new here and I want to chime in, but I am going to stay out of this one.

My only non-biased opinion is that it seems there is plenty of evidence against you.

But I'll admit the Davey Jones pipe and the Roger Rabbit gun are cool.

When Hotshot as well as some other sellers got banned for similar reasons, I always wondered if they could ever redeem themselves. I did feel bad for them, even Hotshot because outside of the selling fiasco he seemed like an okay guy. But here we are several years later and only now has he confessed and voiced any responsibility for his past crimes, and even then it wasn't out of remorse or amends, it was out of saving his own butt when he was caught in a corner. Now that he is addressing these claims I can't say he has really presented himself in a way that makes me want to embrace him back into the hobby. I don't understand the smug attitude coming from someone who in the same breath finally admitting he recast, and towards the people he denied all these years to ripping off.

Nor do I understand it. Needless to say this doesn't paint a very good picture

Nope, just waiting to see if these guys come through on their threats/accusations. You know, like the last few times?

Ok so now that you have admitted to recasting you want MORE proof? When asked for your proof against these claims you start to play this "game".

Well perhaps you should heed your own advice

My request is simple. Post the image source. In other words, the image you are using to do the prints. Around here it's pretty important to show you work. Thanks.

I have admitted, and been punished for recasting the trap knobs of Phantom50. This all took place on Proptopia in 06-07. I have moved on from it, as did the folks running Proptopia at the time, which included AJ. Only now has he drug it back up to help prop up his other flase claims of recasting. Notice that he remains silent.

What is in dispute, so we're all clear .
-Propfan grip recasting
-Phantom50 goggle knob recasting
-Utinni gun kit part recasting

If any of these things can be proven by AJ, or anyone else involved, I will happily move on to another hobby.

Until then, these boys better put up or shut up, cause three years of this bull**** is enough.

Phantom has shown his, you need to show yours in that account.
Propfan can not defend himself due to his being banned for recasting
Utinni, was at last note waiting for you to show your work.

So to quote you again, sir.

"Around here it's pretty important to show you work. Thanks."

Notice that he remains silent.

I think it should be noted that it took you nearly two months to address this thread. If it takes Mr. AJ or anyone else more than a few hours to get back to you then I don't think you have a right to complain. You are also demanding something that was never been said to be had. Cards have been played, I don't know what you are going on about.

I don't know who to believe. The guys that claims they have Photo proof that Hotshot did in fact recast the other Ghostbuster items could simply post their ******** proof and let everyone else decide who to believe. BUT NO, they want Hotshot do prove he did not recast those parts.

Is anyone else seeing the stupidness in not giving all the evidence that proves that someone in quilty of something?

I don't know who to believe. The guys that claims they have Photo proof that Hotshot did in fact recast the other Ghostbuster items could simply post their ******** proof and let everyone else decide who to believe. BUT NO, they want Hotshot do prove he did not recast those parts.

No no no, that isn't what is going on. If you follow the thread, everyone has been pretty forthcoming about what evidence they have and what they don't. This idea that the accusing parties were holding out photo proof didn't come up until Hotshot's post. The only one claiming to have photo evidence is him, so why shouldn't he post it if it will clear his name? He doesn't have to, in fact he technically doesn't even have to make claim to have the said photo evidence, but if he is going to bring it up why wouldn't he just put it out there to end this all?

Last edited:
That is a very very good question. Hotshot it you have this proof, and are tired of the hounding for the past three years why not drop the bomb, so to speak?

People,

I have to ask everyone to read this post and honor the official requests made herein.

Accusations are currently being made that have been brought forth to the administration in regular intervalls over the past two years, about issues that mostly happened almost half a decade ago.
Every time the then current administration has decided in a way that let Hotshot still be a member. We as the current administration have highest regard for the decisions made by our predecessors. Records show that they looked into the matter with great diligence and at the evidence that had been brought forth, talking to those people that were RPF members and took the time to discuss with the staff about this.

Rhett still is here. This means that he was not found guilty of violating the then-standing rules of the RPF, seen in the light of the evidence brought forth against him by the then-members of the RPF.

We have decided to let this thread stay up so we can have a look at the Vigo painting issue.

Now the thread got completely derailed, with additional issues brought forth, again, and new people feeling the need to come forth with issues that mainly did not happen on the RPF.

Discussion is good, solving issues is good as well, and welcome. Otherwise this thread would have been locked a few weeks ago, although we usually do not review issues of the past.

To keep this thread open and being able to discuss this issue further, we ask of the participating members to stick to the RPF rules in regards of respectable conduct. Stick to the facts that you are able to present, be it photos or quotes from older posts etc.

We won´t allow
- opinionating by members that don´t have anything to add to this discussion than their "opinion". Yes, this is directed at everyone who has not had any dealings with either of the involved parties or can bring forth hard evidence.
- posting of private messages, since that can be seen as a violation of privacy. Sending them to the administration for review is one thing, making them public is a no-go.
- the usual such as name calling, baiting, trolling
- Heresay

Since there was a lot of time in the past to join the RPF, especially with the now open registration, I personally won´t tolerate anyone posting in this thread that becomes a member of the RPF just to post about this issue. If they didn´t have any interest in this community before, but only join the RPF to discuss issues that took place outside of the RPF in the past, then they actually are not welcome in this thread to post. This applies to members joining the RPF after this post has been made.

I have seen quite a few jabs at the administration here. Looking at the records we have about past issues, I can say that every past administration made no hasty judgments, doing their reviews of the cases with great diligence.
There is very low tolerance for disrespectful posts directed at any member of past or present administration.

Since Hotshot has already responded to the accusations and shown that he is open to answer, the thread will stay open unless it seems that either nothing can be added that might help clear the conflict, or member conduct makes it necessary to close it because the thread is getting out of hands in terms of respect.

The parties involved had opportunity to post their sides of the story, let´s see what else can be added.

Thanks,
Michael
RPF staff

I find it interesting that AJ all but said that I am lying for Rhett, saying I saw him sculpt the gun grips and wants me or Rhett to post photos and such, but he comes back now and says he threw Rhett's grips away...convenient. So your argument then would hold no more weight to it then mine right?

Since you are a moderator on Proptopia and run GBFans, don't you have the photos that were posted 3 plus years ago???????? :unsure

I think Art has made a good point, Kingpin and you have come in here to make it a point to try to burn Rhett here on the RPF. Rhett has tried to move on from his mistakes from the past, but you can not let it go. He has had several prop runs here on the RPF and has delivered on them. I think it is just sad that you have to bring issues from other boards from over 3 years ago here to the RPF. [...]

Last edited by a moderator:
Considering that both sides have had their say, members can make their own decisions on whether or not they are willing to deal with Rhett. He has a distant past that clearly has some questionable aspects, but has a more recent history of multiple successful runs here at the RPF that were completed without incident.

With that in mind, we are closing this thread and consider the matter closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back