Ghost In the shell props?

Thanks!
It's made mostly out of PVC, shown below when I was still working on it. Outer barrel from pieces of steel pipe. The grips are wood drenched in varnish. Was going to cast the grips in fiberglass but the wood turned out durable enough.
100_0807.jpg

100_0800.jpg

Right now I'm trying to figure out how to retrofit a gas blowback system in it to make it more fun to shoot. Currently it's sporting MP7 (AEG) internals, and a bit low powered.

This is beyond awesome.
I would have never expected to find such an insane amount of information on this weapon.

Thank you so much, Mike.

Btw: Anyone interested in GitS Stand Alone Complex should check out this collection of SAC artwork.

I need to pay more attention to this thread. Very cool so far. I'm slowly heading towards GIS stuff. i wish they'd make a new season.

Bump time. Thinking about ordering an M-5 from the Poseidon site.
One thing i've noticed is that everyone seems to paint the body a gunmetal color, and the grips a matte black. But I was watching the Blu-ray for S.A.C today and noticed that the Major's gun appears to have brown grips. This also seems consistent shot-to-shot.

I just looked around and you're absolutely right.

It's so odd - I never noticed it before, yet the pistol grip is certainly not meant to be wood, is it? I guess it's just a purple-brown ... rubber?

-MJ

As much as I'd love to have replicas of all the weapons, I have to say that a cyberbrain that I could use as a working USB hub would be the coolest. I've also got a few of the model sheets on my other compy that I could upload somewhere.

I just looked around and you're absolutely right.

It's so odd - I never noticed it before, yet the pistol grip is certainly not meant to be wood, is it? I guess it's just a purple-brown ... rubber?

I think they're a brown rubber. I rather like that color combo... gives it some character. If I can get my hands on one thats definitely how i'm gonna do it.

All of the pics in the 3 SAC artbooks have it as dark blue/grey, including pics of the finished Poseidon. Open to interpretation/preference, I guess.

All of the pics in the 3 SAC artbooks have it as dark blue/grey, including pics of the finished Poseidon. Open to interpretation/preference, I guess.

Well it is, without a doubt, brown in every episode of the first series of S.A.C. I don't have 2nd Gig on hand, but it's also brown in Solid State Society. So personally i'll go with what was seen on-screen.

I know I am digging up an old thread here, but does anyone have any shots of any of Saito's sniper rifles? I am thinking of scratching one up out of PVC and MDF, or at least a near approximation.

Cyberbrain USB hub is a genius idea!

Personally I would like an M5 kit, but my research came up with no good sources for them. Unpainted, unassembled, resin kit for $70 is a bit much IMO.

You know, Colin, a Jameson-Type body would make a very cool Micro-sized PC. or a USB hub if you didn't want to try to stuff it full of electronics.

5QcrI.jpg

Last edited:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back