Ghost In the shell props?

Wes R

Legendary Member
I'm a huge fan of the cyberpunk anime/manga series Ghost in the shell and i was wondering if anyone had ever made any props from it. Once i get better at fabricating i want to get a dummy and set it up to look like a full body cyborg getting ready to have the spinal column and brain installed like in the manga and anime. If i like how it looks I may see if someone can machine the parts out of plastic and metal to make them look accurate.

I haven't thought much about making any props from the TV show or movies. But I do want to get the Seburo M5 prop one of these days.

Poseidon turned out a number of replicas from Ghost in the Shell and Shirow's other work, Appleseed which shares many of the same weapon designs all under his fictional "Seburo" brand.

aw man, what a sweet show. I guess the first prop that comes to mind is Togusa's Mateba Revolver. I just don't like the replica kits that they made; looks like a huge chunk of plastic imho. While i'm on the subject of guns, Saito's huge ass Sniper Rifle would be another plus. You know you're serious when you have to bolt a rifle to the ground.

Also, going into a bit of a related tangent, the Body Armor looks pretty doable, especially with what they are able to do with foam. And the dropship helicopter is awesome. That is all.

i build a Seburo C26A myself in the past.

47.jpg

48.jpg

49.jpg

testfit after the painjob

43.jpg

Last edited:
aw man, what a sweet show. I guess the first prop that comes to mind is Togusa's Mateba Revolver. I just don't like the replica kits that they made; looks like a huge chunk of plastic imho. While i'm on the subject of guns, Saito's huge ass Sniper Rifle would be another plus. You know you're serious when you have to bolt a rifle to the ground.

The Marushin Togusa Mateba is actaully an incredibly nice Gas Airsoft gun with several metal parts, brass shell casings, heavy weight, and real one piece wooden grips(if you got the limited edition model) They even made a custom real-leather holster based on the one he wore.

MRS-MM2007-L.jpg

Last edited:
Not the best pic, but I have a M-5. I believe its an original Poseidon kit that was painted by the original owner. I want to eventually strip and repaint it a darker, more natural gunmetal grey.

I really want Marushin to make an airsoft M-5 like they did with the mateba.

seburom5rz4.jpg

The stuff looks good in the pics but is the quality any good? Hate to even try and get something like that through customs lol.

The stuff looks good in the pics but is the quality any good? Hate to even try and get something like that through customs lol.

You can't tell from my pic, but my M-5's cast is super clean and sharp. If you can get an original kit, it'll definitely be worth the import hassle.

That's how you can tell its an original is the quality. Then that's probably the key to knowing 99% of this stuff is recasts.

That's how you can tell its an original is the quality. Then that's probably the key to knowing 99% of this stuff is recasts.

Yeah. I got a 1st gen recast of an M-5 as a gift for a friend, and even though the recast was very VERY good, the original I have is LEAGUES better. It seriously was like night and day.

Yeah. I got a 1st gen recast of an M-5 as a gift for a friend, and even though the recast was very VERY good, the original I have is LEAGUES better. It seriously was like night and day.

My buddy's a GIS fan so he'd love these too lol. I'll get him hooked as i got him a bladerunner kit for xmas this year. I hate spending too much on these as i plan to use them at cons and theyr'e gonna take a beating.

The Poseidon prop was the one I was going to get. I didn't know there were recasts out there. I didn't think I would be able to get it through customs. I was hoping to pick one up at a convention or official release in the States. One of the Ghost in the Shell TV books has a few pages on the prop. It seems really detailed for an anime gun.

I don't know about the TV series, or the sequel, but in the first film, I know that the Major uses an automatic machine gun that looks similar in design to a FN P90 or a P90TR, like the one seen in the "Stargate" TV series.

As for props you can do, you could do the picture of the ghosthacked Garbage man, Major's sensory glasses (whatever they're called), or if you really into doing something detailed, the Puppet Master's body (which, surprising, looks kinda like the makers of "The Sarah Conner Chronicles" borrowed the image of the upper torso of the Puppet Master for one of their ads).

Last edited:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back