Ghosbusters Proton pack build problem

TheNerdyDad

I have been on multiple forums and I can't seem to figure this problem out. I have seen a lot of gatekeeper communities where there are specific answers and tricks about a proton pack assembly that people don't want to give away and I am hoping that this site's community is different.

I have my shell completed. I have my metal Motherboard. How do I connect the two? I have looked at using angle "L" shaped brackets, but after I connected them to the metal board, I can't figure out how to connect them to the shell and still have access when I need it?

I started making this pack about 3 years ago and my biggest help on this stopped all contact because I didn't want to vote for whom he wanted as President. So now I am stuck with searching the internet for my answers like a detective searching for Cuthuluh Mythos.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

sorry these are so dark, but i think you will get the picture

Attachments

• IMG_5232.jpeg
    IMG_5232.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 112
  • IMG_5234.jpeg
    IMG_5234.jpeg
    1,018.4 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_5233.jpeg
    IMG_5233.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 113
  • IMG_5235.jpeg
    IMG_5235.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 114
These are awesome pictures and thank you for the response. So you don't need a nut or bolt on the other end of the screw? Does the pack then just stay "on" or connected through the friction of the screws in each bracket then?

Attaching motherboard to pack shell w/pics - GBFans.com This Tutorial by Kind2311 will help you also. 4 L brackets in the correct locations one side on all four brackets is riveted to the aluminum motherboard with two pop rivets each and then drill and tap 1/4-20 once in each bracket for the shell to attach to using 1/4-20 socket cap screws....no need to bolt as the L-Bracket acts as the bolt since it's tapped. Follow the tutorial to your liking and you should be good to go!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back