GF, SDS and CRProps helmet (Pics)

The main difference between the TE and the newer Gino is the bumpy cap and back. There was some clean up done on TE's moulds after he got initial complaints about the bumpiness of the cap and back (thats what I heard) so he smoothed out the bumps on the mould. Gino apparently has an un altered version of TE's 1st helmet casting.

Originally posted by CWR@Jan 25 2006, 07:42 PM
The main difference between the TE and the newer Gino is the bumpy cap and back.  There was some clean up done on TE's moulds after he got initial complaints about the bumpiness of the cap and back (thats what I heard) so he smoothed out the bumps on the mould.  Gino apparently has an un altered version of TE's 1st helmet casting.
[snapback]1167937[/snapback]​

Hi CWR,

TE has now retired but TE would provide smooth or bumpy cap depending on what you requested (both my TE kits are bumpy :) the way I wanted them).

So just for the sake of discusssion if you compared a bumpy TE to the Gino what is it that makes it better than the TE? Just curious mainly because I am about to start work on the TE kits and want to get as accurate as I can.

I just want to know what features shine out on the Gino to make it the best. After all it is the small things that stormy experts notice that add to the final helmets appearance.

Just would like to know if there was anything that someone is seeing that I am not so I can use that info for construction purposes.

I just can't see much difference from the TE and the Gino appart from the excellent attention to detail Gino has put in on assembly.

Cheers Chris.

I also agree that Gino's new helmet represents a screenused helmet best.
I also think Gino's older helmet wins compared to the GF and SDS. It just looks right.

However as Rune pointed out there has been so many comparison pictures posted in different lightsettings and angles so it's been hard to say which one is THE best cause the images simply dont match up and it's also difficult to compare 2 different items from different photographs especially when they are blurry. Let's hope that these new pics gives a little clearer view even if this issue has been discussed to death before:)

Originally posted by mike d@Jan 25 2006, 08:03 PM
It's a shame that TE cleaned the molds and got rid of the bumps. I remember that people did'nt like it and that the helmets were paperthin.

I don't think TE cleaned his original mould I think he made a second back cap mould then smoothed that (if thats not true then someone please correct me).

TE made the bumpy cap on request and told me people prefered the smooth and so it wasn't requested as much.

Also I don't know about the older TE helmets as I received mine from his last batch before he retired but they are certainly not paper thin they are solid. I had heard they were thin but was well impressed at the quality and strength of TE's product. Don't get me wrong I have a GF also and it is much thicker but suffers from softer features because of this.

I did get two bumpy cap kits and each and every feature on each helmets match each other perfectly and the bumpy features appear to be the same as the Gino.

Never the less Gino's helmet pictured is undeniably the closest to that screen used helmet also pictured.

Cheers Chris.

Braks,you are a sick,sick man :lol

Steve

I too commend the work of Gino being the "best of the best" . I am SOOO glad that I never fell into the AA camp early on. The debacle he's gotten himself into with LFL and soon to be fans is one more reason to not endorse his helmets and now armor.

Screen used my arse

Steve

Originally posted by voice in the crowd+Jan 25 2006, 11:56 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(voice in the crowd @ Jan 25 2006, 11:56 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-CWR
@Jan 25 2006, 07:42 PM
The main difference between the TE and the newer Gino is the bumpy cap and back.  There was some clean up done on TE's moulds after he got initial complaints about the bumpiness of the cap and back (thats what I heard) so he smoothed out the bumps on the mould.  Gino apparently has an un altered version of TE's 1st helmet casting.

Hi CWR,

TE has now retired but TE would provide smooth or bumpy cap depending on what you requested (both my TE kits are bumpy :) the way I wanted them).

So just for the sake of discusssion if you compared a bumpy TE to the Gino what is it that makes it better than the TE? Just curious mainly because I am about to start work on the TE kits and want to get as accurate as I can.

I just want to know what features shine out on the Gino to make it the best. After all it is the small things that stormy experts notice that add to the final helmets appearance.

Just would like to know if there was anything that someone is seeing that I am not so I can use that info for construction purposes.

I just can't see much difference from the TE and the Gino appart from the excellent attention to detail Gino has put in on assembly.

Cheers Chris.
[snapback]1167948[/snapback]​
[/b]
Chris,

You are correct. I just talked to Matt and he said the last batch of helmets he made had some requests for the bumpy cap and back. I wish I had asked him to make me one before he retired the moulds. Post some pics when your finished putting them together.

-CWR

By the way Braks, That was that was an awesome post. :lol :lol :lol

HAHAHAHA Braks is a funny *******. :) I love that. It should be posted perminantly on the rpf on top :)

Gino: No problem. I call it as i see it. You're attention to detail is amazing. Now please send me one ;)

Also to the original poster: The pics were great.

AND finally.. TE retiring? Isnt this like the 100 time he's retired? I wish him well, but he always comes back ;)

Originally posted by CWR@Jan 25 2006, 07:42 PM

OK, back to being serious, while the bumpy back/cap is a BIG new addition to Gino's newest helmets, that is not the biggest difference to me between the TE and the Gino. This is JUST my opinion, but to me the biggest difference between Gino's work and TE's is a matter or quality, care and craftsmanship. The only person I have seen even come close to the same level of quality (although not acuracy) is AP. I am not bagging on TE but the pride Gino takes in his work is simply unmatched in my opinion.

Originally posted by Brak's Buddy@Jan 25 2006, 02:59 PM
I don't know how ANYONE with even the slightest bit of reasoning capability could argue against Gino's work being BY FAR the best representation of what is seen on screen.
[snapback]1167894[/snapback]​

I agree 100%. His work is extraordinary and a true screen used repro. I am impressed with his attention to detail. Great work Gino. :thumbsup

Thanks for the GREAT Comparison Pics Mikael, Rune... :)

Those are the best I have seen yet....

Originally posted by apollo@Jan 25 2006, 02:10 PM

[snapback]1168092[/snapback]​

Dont agree with Gino being the best made. A 2nd gen casting is better than a first? TE made his helmets look like the real thing. Sloppily built as this is what people wanted. Just dont see how a thicker, softer pulled helmet can be better really. :unsure

And yes, TE is retired. He is in a bad place today as he just signed his divorce papers and he is really not into SW anymore at all. He said the recasters, people not caring, the AA camp stupidly defending their stance in the face of the truth and someone ruining his cap and back mold and not caring about it or offering to replace it finally just made him say, and I quote: time to go, all my work is done here.

JJ

Originally posted by Jumpin Jax+Jan 25 2006, 11:46 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jumpin Jax @ Jan 25 2006, 11:46 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-apollo
@Jan 25 2006, 02:10 PM

Dont agree with Gino being the best made. A 2nd gen casting is better than a first? TE made his helmets look like the real thing. Sloppily built as this is what people wanted. Just dont see how a thicker, softer pulled helmet can be better really. :unsure
[snapback]1168194[/snapback]​
[/b]

Not trying to start a TE Vs Gino fight but just out of curiosity, have you compared a TE helmet to a Gino in person? I have and your assessment that the Gino helmet is softer couldn't be more incorrect. From what I have seen Gino's pulls have alwys been as sharp if not sharper in all the correct areas than TE's helmets, especially the ears.

I also do not agree with your statement of Gino's helmets being a 2nd gen casting. I would call the GF a 2nd Gen, maybe even 3rd, but the Gino helmet did not follow the same path.

Originally posted by Brak's Buddy+Jan 25 2006, 04:51 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Brak's Buddy @ Jan 25 2006, 04:51 PM)</div>
Originally posted by Jumpin Jax@Jan 25 2006, 11:46 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-apollo
@Jan 25 2006, 02:10 PM

[snapback]1168194[/snapback]​

Not trying to start a TE Vs Gino fight but just out of curiosity, have you compared a TE helmet to a Gino in person? I have and your assessment that the Gino helmet is softer couldn't be more incorrect. From what I have seen Gino's pulls have alwys been as sharp if not sharper in all the correct areas than TE's helmets, especially the ears.

I also do not agree with your statement of Gino's helmets being a 2nd gen casting. I would call the GF a 2nd Gen, maybe even 3rd, but the Gino helmet did not follow the same path.
[snapback]1168244[/snapback]​
[/b]

Yes, I have seen them side by side and there is no comparison. The TE is MUCH more detailed. The Gino molds are still formed and then taken off of skins, not molds made off of molds. No way they can be the same detail at all.

JJ

Originally posted by Jumpin Jax@Jan 26 2006, 02:01 AM

Yes, I have seen them side by side and there is no comparison.
[snapback]1168299[/snapback]​

Interesting... cause I would say the exact same thing from what I saw, just in favor of the Gino helmet....

Regarding TE's retirement,..if you let the actions of others drive you to levels of anxiety that no one should be driven to then maybe it was definitely time for him to bow out. Granted that final pic he sent along to be posted could've and should've been done with taste. Considering he's unofficially known as the grandfather of fan Stormtroopers,wouldn't you want to go out with grace and style rather than get the last word in? :angel I thought it was tasteless and childish.

I personally don't let anyone or anything run,or influence my life into such negative depth's. Hasn't this been TE's second divorce? I remember him having marital troubles a long while back. If he let this "hobby" break up a marriage he's a fool. I personally hate to see anyone go through such turmoil and am sorry for his situation,but if the dreaded ABS Sunblock brought it on then call me speechless.

Nobody here has to like my comments on the issue of TE,I call 'em as I see 'em. Let the barrage of comments begin :p

Steve

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back