GF, SDS and CRProps helmet (Pics)

Guys... leave the comments about TE's personal life out of this. As a (self)-banned member he is not around to comment and keep things factual.

If you want to discuss the buckets, then by all means go for it. The commentary regarding TE and his real-life situations is in really bad taste and must stop.

Thanks for keeping this thread On-Topic going forward. :thumbsup

Lonnie

Originally posted by Jackie_Chan_Fan@Jan 25 2006, 10:05 PM
They're all nice helmets dam it.

(uh had to think of something cause i edited out my TE question)
[snapback]1168370[/snapback]​

Actually JCF I think you said it best with your "had to say something" comment.

They are all VERY nice helmets and I think it just comes down to personal preference, what you like you'll buy, what you don't you won't. Personally I wouldn't mind all all of them, each has it's own uniqueness.

Talk about helmets huh.. well, Lonnie, the helmet in your avatar CLEARLY is NOT from the original molds.... :lol Sorry. Sorry. Don't ban me.

Originally posted by rocketeer25@Jan 25 2006, 07:04 PM
Guys... leave the comments about TE's personal life out of this.  As a (self)-banned member he is not around to comment and keep things factual. 

If you want to discuss the buckets, then by all means go for it.  The commentary regarding TE and his real-life situations is in really bad taste and must stop.

Thanks for keeping this thread On-Topic going forward.  :thumbsup

Lonnie
[snapback]1168368[/snapback]​
Can we please have that TE bashing post pulled from this thread. I know everyone has a right to their opinion, but that personal attack does not belong amongst friends and fellow prop enhusiasts. This thread was informative until that outburst. Thanks for calling this one out Lonnie.

-CWR

Originally posted by Trallis@Jan 25 2006, 09:45 PM
just a reminder.. the current AP helmet is much different than the one he used to sell without armor on e-bay.
[snapback]1167996[/snapback]​
the ebay AP helmet was a GF helmet.
but there was a stock of stunt helmets that he sold on ebay that was not the GF as i showed in the pics and i assume it's the same sold with the armors (i have seen the same pics).

Wasn't there a really big deal made about the fact that the SDS was a bigger helmet?
I remember the TE described as a "shrunken helmet."
If anything the SDS pictured looks a tad smaller than Gino's helmet.

Originally posted by AnsonJames@Jan 26 2006, 01:03 AM
Wasn't there a really big deal made about the fact that the SDS was a bigger helmet?
[snapback]1168550[/snapback]​

The whole shrunken helmet thing was proven to be wrong a while back. The fact is the AA helmet has a larger cap and back than the screen used helmets (due to it being a reworked sculpt possibly from the AA prototype helmet) and for that reason in some shots might have appeared larger. The TE and Gino helmets are the closest thing to a screen used helmet your going to get for under 30,000 dollars and they are the same size as the screen used helmets from what I understand. All of this was covered in one of Gino's threads from late last year.

Originally posted by CWR+Jan 26 2006, 10:13 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(CWR @ Jan 26 2006, 10:13 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-AnsonJames
@Jan 26 2006, 01:03 AM
[snapback]1168550[/snapback]​

The whole shrunken helmet thing was proven to be wrong a while back. The fact is the AA helmet has a larger cap and back than the screen used helmets (due to it being a reworked sculpt possibly from the AA prototype helmet) and for that reason in some shots might have appeared larger. The TE and Gino helmets are the closest thing to a screen used helmet your going to get for under 30,000 dollars and they are the same size as the screen used helmets from what I understand. All of this was covered in one of Gino's threads from late last year.
[snapback]1168551[/snapback]​
[/b]

Thanks CWR,
I didn't see that thread - having a shrunken helmet has always been a major concern to me but at least my TE is the correct size. :eek
Anson

Edited for smelling.

Hands down, Gino's "bumpy" trooper bucket looks amazing...
I would love to have that one.

Then again, they all look great. I myself have a TE, and I'm happy with it :)

Originally posted by Jumpin Jax+Jan 25 2006, 06:46 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jumpin Jax @ Jan 25 2006, 06:46 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-apollo
@Jan 25 2006, 02:10 PM
Thanks for the GREAT Comparison Pics Mikael, Rune... :)

Those are the best I have seen yet....
[snapback]1168092[/snapback]​

Dont agree with Gino being the best made. A 2nd gen casting is better than a first?
[snapback]1168194[/snapback]​
[/b]

Just to clarify I am complimenting the Pics taken NOT the Buckets. :p ;)

Although I would'nt mind having a TE or Gino in my colllection.

Maybe one day.. :)

:lol Heh, I was the one who called it a shrunken helmet...and that was because my CRPROPs was noticably smaller in every way compared to the SDS. If they make 'em bigger now then great stuff ;)
Nice to see people remember stuff like that LOL....

:cheers,

Thomas

Well that can't be seeing as all the helmets were made at the same time (all a very long time ago). All were the same size with the only variance being some faceplates were slightly wider than others. Only wider, not larger or smaller.

The new super authentic helmets were made much more recent.

Why don't you just give it up already. Don't you see your "assesments" on this topic have become a joke. There's an entire thread devoted to it floating around here.

Originally posted by GINO@Jan 26 2006, 07:01 PM
Well that can't be seeing as all the helmets were made at the same time (all a very long time ago). All were the same size with the only variance being some faceplates were slightly wider than others. Only wider, not larger or smaller.

The new super authentic helmets were made much more recent.

Why don't you just give it up already. Don't you see your "assesments" on this topic have become a joke. There's an entire thread devoted to it floating around here.
[snapback]1169070[/snapback]​

Sorry Gino, but we saw the pics of the two and there was a noticeable difference with them side by side. You can try to blow smoke, but you've admitted to altering the helmets more than once. I'm not saying you aren't a great sculptor, actually one of the best around, but don't think for a minute that many people didn't notice some vast size differences in the two helmets. You've already admitted numerous times that your "new helmet" is quite different from your "old helmet". Why the smoke screen???

Dave

OMG.
You got me there Dave. You're just too sharp.
Have you actually read any of my showoff threads? Or do you just automatically skim through them in order to post your off target comments? Wait, don't answer, WE ALL already know the answer.

The only alteration I ever made (old helmet) was the removal of the bumps/texture on one of the back/cap molds.

The new helmet has an unaltered back/cap but also features different plastic and accessories which are what make it different.

I was fortunate enough to get one of TE's last bumpy helmets, and it's crap-tastic. (sarcasm). I posted pics before, where it was done up as a Sandtrooper. I'd love to compare it to a Gino, though.

GINO had and will always have one of the most screenaccurate helmets if not the most accurate.

if i had to choose between any of them i would always choose one of GINO´s helmets.
i´m into this stormtrooper helmet and armor topic for more than three years now and after all the comparison shots i´ve seen over the last years GINO and TE are the only artists out there that were making SCREENACCURATE helmets.

the main difference is that GINO pays a lot of attention to the minor details while building helmets and armor. even if he removed some of the bumps over the last years.

TE had a much higher rate of armors and helmets he build over the last years, so there has to be a difference between them.
matt knows how much i appreciate all the work he did for stormtrooper enthusiast like me, but he hadn´t the time to pay so much attention to minor details like GINO did with his.
GINO´s helmets are unreached in my opinion.

i´ve never had the chance to compare a TE to a GINO for sharpness so i will not comment on that.

we all know the threads of AA helmets so this helmet plays in another league for me. :rolleyes

Great comparison pics.

GINO, you nailed it baby. If I had money, I would have yours.

AA, nice, but dang. $800? I guess having a signed piece of art from the artist himself, thats the price you pay. If I win the lottery, I'll get one. Sort of like a signed print.

The GF, is still a nice helmet, and would have a place of honor in my helmet collection too.

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back