Geralt - Witcher TV Series

hessikin

Howdy!

I'm about to start a Geralt costume. Thought I'd go with something easy and cool, the outfit sans armor which Geralt seems to be doing most of the sword fighting in. It consists of a black side collar shirt, black leather and fabric (?) trousers, black leather boots, the sword, and the medallion. There are already plenty of decent medallion replicas out there, my query is mostly into where I can get these articles of clothing made. Is there a good source for fantasy/renaissance style clothing already? Someone who does custom work?

The easy and cool outfit, upon closer inspection doesn't seem so easy at all. The shirt appears to be very ornate embroidery with some sort of beaded closure, and the pants seem to be leather, but maybe a waxed fabric with leather accents. I'm clearly going to need the shirt and pants made. The medallion, boots, and sword can likely be found, even if it's a sword from the game. As for the hair/physique I mostly have that covered, I'm definitely using a wig. No way I'm dying my hair. My sister frequently uses wigs in her cosplays so I'm going to have her help me.

Truth be told, the Witcher and this costume are my first foray into fantasy. I have almost no knowledge of fantasy props, costumes, cosplay whatsoever, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Some images;

fHOePfc.jpg

PrLjIWv.jpg

GA8FCrq.jpg

Gk60FEs.jpg

Thank you!

Attachments

• fHOePfcl.jpg
    fHOePfcl.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 100
  • PrLjIWvl.jpg
    PrLjIWvl.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 88
  • GA8FCrql.jpg
    GA8FCrql.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 129
  • Gk60FEsl.jpg
    Gk60FEsl.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 107
Howdy!

I'm about to start a Geralt costume. Thought I'd go with something easy and cool, the outfit sans armor which Geralt seems to be doing most of the sword fighting in. It consists of a black side collar shirt, black leather and fabric (?) trousers, black leather boots, the sword, and the medallion. There are already plenty of decent medallion replicas out there, my query is mostly into where I can get these articles of clothing made. Is there a good source for fantasy/renaissance style clothing already? Someone who does custom work?

The easy and cool outfit, upon closer inspection doesn't seem so easy at all. The shirt appears to be very ornate embroidery with some sort of beaded closure, and the pants seem to be leather, but maybe a waxed fabric with leather accents. I'm clearly going to need the shirt and pants made. The medallion, boots, and sword can likely be found, even if it's a sword from the game. As for the hair/physique I mostly have that covered, I'm definitely using a wig. No way I'm dying my hair. My sister frequently uses wigs in her cosplays so I'm going to have her help me.

Truth be told, the Witcher and this costume are my first foray into fantasy. I have almost no knowledge of fantasy props, costumes, cosplay whatsoever, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Some images;

View attachment 1244497

View attachment 1244498

View attachment 1244499

View attachment 1244500

Thank you!
Well I will definitely be following This Thread as I too am in the same Market for this costume. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't he wearing the same costume underneath when he has the armor on as well?

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back