General Grievous & Battle Droid Blaster

Seeker

I remember seeing a thread about General Grievous Kenner blaster being modified. I can't seem to find it.

Also the Battle droid blaster. any lead will be appreciated.

Does any one have that thread?

thanks in advance.

Turo

Oh man I was doing this last night.(grevious) The orange cap is a super pain in the but to get off. I gotta ask why would you put 20 screws in the peice if you are going to glue the cap on and prevent it from being opened? The vents are going to be a pain. I was going to put clay in the vents and smooth it from the inside then bodo it. When I remove the clay the recesses should be there and hopefully the bono will be smooth. If anyone can post some screen grabs that would be great.

I do remember their being a Grevious post, someone said "for a toy, this is a great starter" Just can't remember anymore detail.

Do the rear stabilizers get removed on the grevious like the droid blaster according to the tutorial?

Originally posted by Darthmagpie@Jan 6 2006, 10:13 AM

I do remember their being a Grevious post, someone said "for a toy, this is a great starter"  Just can't remember anymore detail.

Do the rear stabilizers get removed on the grevious like the droid blaster according to the tutorial?
[snapback]1152148[/snapback]​

exactly.

Plus they had a tutorial. wonder what happened to it?

Here's a shot of a BD blaster toy I converted.

I followed Thomas' tutorial to some degree, but did not do as much to the rear end, and left the barrel vents open because I wanted it to still light up. But I filled the gun with plaster, resin, and lead shot (weighs about 6 pounds now), and that killed the electronics.

I was going to add silver weathering to it, but in watching the scene in the Genosis arena, Padme's BD blaser is not weathered that way...

I added an aluminum barrel (slightly longer and narrower in diameter) and built the power cell box.

That looks good. I think it needs some degree of weathering to add the "lived in universe" feel. Even the droids handling it must have left some scratches. I do really like the look of the open holes. Gives it a true heatsink feel. I think I may go with that. Thanks

Yeah -- looks real even without the silver, but again, at least in the arena scene there wasn't any. So I took the lazy way out and modeled that version. I actually took real dirt and poured it over the gun, brushed off all but a fine layer, adn sealed it with a flat coat. Its a subtle effect that doesn't show int he pics...

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back