Game of Thrones

I can't wait!

We're at the end of season 3 in our rewatch, approaching the Red Wedding. As much as I disliked Sansa during season 1, she's now the character I feel the worst for. That poor kid gets the rug yanked out from under her over and over again. I can only manage one episode a night since I'm working long hours but I'm pretty sure we get them all in before the big day.

I think the TV show does a much better job with Sansa's story line than the books did, especially watching her character grow in later seasons.

Tyrion is wearing the hand of the king? Hmmm well now. He is looking up at something or someone...maybe the loser of a trial by 7?

Can anyone tell who is rocking that bo staff / double blade weapon @ 1:25 mark

It looks like Arya, but could it be a faceless man in disguise as Arya?

Maybe Cersei or someone else put a hit out on Dany or Jon

Could be, but I kind of doubt it. There are huge battles coming up and the trailer did show Arya with injuries from a fight. To me its obviously intended to be Arya due to the hairstyle and costume, but it might not actually be Maisie Williams. It could be a stunt double.

Also, assuming that is the Golden Company in the ships, and the person with their back to us is not Jaimie,

I wonder if that could be "Young Griff"

It’s the golden company. That’s Scrooge McDuck back turn to us. He is always worried about that shiny penny. Jk.

I think it might be late in the game to bring much of young Griff into the mix. It would be a huge twist of course. I do not think the Golden army is not going to fight for Cersei. They will back the other team. Plus I think Bronn knows a few of those fellows in the golden army.

Last edited:
Its 100% the Golden Company. I'm just wondering if they'll bring up that they were founded by a Targaryen ******* and work that in when they turn on Cersei. Part of me was also hoping that Daario Naharis would be with them, but I don't think that will happen.

Time's getting closer...the premier has finally popped up in the DVR scheduled recording list!

It's been a long time since seeing a new episode I can't wait, although in a way, it is also kind of sad as this will be the last season

in a recent interview Martin had this to say

"I don't think it should be the final season. But here we are. It seems to me we just started last week. Has it been longer than that? The time has passed by in a blur. But it's exciting. I know it's an end, but it's not much of an end for me. I'm still deep in writing the books. We saw five other sequel shows in development. I think I'm going to be hanging around Westeros while everyone else has left. (Laughs.)"

Still no episode title

Non-spoilery review from someone at the premiere Game Of Thrones season 8 episode 1 is the best season opener in history | British GQ
  • Movie-quality TV
  • This is the best season opener in the whole series
  • There’s no filler in the premiere; the pace is “near relentless.”
  • Episode 801 “could be the funniest episode in the history of Thrones.”
Not really a spoiler story wise, but just in case...

Apparently there is new opening title animation sequence for the Wall based on the final scene from the Season 7 finale
Ryan Neuner on Twitter
as well as some new King's Landing map animation that take us inside the Red Keep for a bit
TJJ on Twitter

Last edited:
Stolen from Reddit

D3z91c2XoAEXl67.jpg

Heads up for the community, 60 Minutes this Sunday will be having a tour of the Game of Thrones prop warehouse.

If only they'd do something similar to the final season of Spartacus and auction off everything.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back