Game of Thrones

The week after Christmas HBO started airing a season a day for 7 days straight. Since I had some time off I watched most of them. Cant wait for this season.

Yeah, I rewatched the last season during the holidays on HBO. Will probably restart on the whole series around the first of March to get all completely caught up before the last season starts.

We have other shows currently airing that we like to keep up with, so we're pacing ourselves. At this rate, I think we'll "finish" roughly on time.

I'm cool with the fast forwarding of the time it takes to get to all these places. At least it makes sense why Bran has grown so much over the seasons. I'm not really sure how much time has supposed to have passed since the beginning of the show (hell, how does time pass in Westeros?), but as much travelling as these people do, it does make sense that it's been several years.

I'm under the impression that several (3-4) "years" (365 days per year) have passed in the show, and especially all of the "Marshal their forces" parts of the show, have taken considerably longer than we get to see, since everyone tends to do them at the same time. All of the "victories" that Rob would have against the lanisters and their enemies were probably months apart (while in conversation between Tywin his sons they never really specify how long goes between each fight, just that it's always rob that wins).

anyways, my $0.02

So, all this time have the White Walkers just been wandering around waiting for winter, or have the actually been marching to the wall? Can't be the latter, the rest of these people have crossed Westeros up, down, and sideways several times over the course of the show. Just how slow do these walkers walk?

They mostly were wandering around since they had the problem of how to get past the wall. While the wall stood, they could not pass due to protective spells etc...

I believe they had bascially been biding their time by going around killing and gathering up the dead to amass an army while hoping to drive the wilding's south and possibly even force them to unwillingly breach the wall for them or to find the Horn of Joramun (aka Horn of Winter) which the willdings were rumored to have?

They didn't really have a good solution for that until they acquired a dragon. That opened up whole new way for them to quickly take down the wall

They mostly were wandering around since they had the problem of how to get past the wall. While the wall stood, they could not pass due to protective spells etc...

I believe they had bascially been biding their time by going around killing and gathering up the dead to amass an army while hoping to drive the wilding's south and possibly even force them to unwillingly breach the wall for them or to find the Horn of Joramun (aka Horn of Winter) which the willdings were rumored to have?

They didn't really have a good solution for that until they acquired a dragon. That opened up whole new way for them to quickly take down the wall

This.

remember, some of the walkers are as far south as Crastus' Keep (picking up his sons) for what would have been nearly his whole adult life. It's more that they were taking what they could, without arousing too much suspicion, and waiting for winter to fall on the rest of the kingdom.

We're at the end of season 3 in our rewatch, approaching the Red Wedding. As much as I disliked Sansa during season 1, she's now the character I feel the worst for. That poor kid gets the rug yanked out from under her over and over again. I can only manage one episode a night since I'm working long hours but I'm pretty sure we get them all in before the big day.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back