Galaxy Quest Moments Quotes ect.

Taggart

I'm not sure how many of you love the movie Galaxy Quest, but I thought it would be nice to talk about how it's one of the best Sci-Fi comedies out there.

What's you're favorite Galaxy Quest Quote, Moment, joke, ect. ?

I'll go first...

I like the scene that was cut, when Alex (Dr. Lazarus) was taken to see his quarters, and the bathroom is this horrid spiky chair with tubes.

Also, when they are in the core room, and the ships about to explode, Jason and Gwen are all romantic and such... The first time I nearly cried when the computer said 'ONE'. Then I laughed as hard as I could...

"It always stops at one on the show"

Last edited:
I like when Tim Allen uses the communicator to contact the geek (paraphrased):

Geek - "Listen, I know that the show isn't real, I'm not an idiot"

Tim - "It's real"

Geek - "Oh my God I knew it!"

:lol

Haven't seen the movie in ages. Gonna have to watch it again. :)

You Wanna see the ship?

Is this a ship?

No, this is a Starport for the ship

...Oh...My...God...It's Real.

By Grabthar's Hammer...What a Savings.

Hey Guys, get a room. OH THAT'S NOT RIGHT...no...

"and it exploded!"

- my wife is a terrible geek, she trots that one out at every opportunity, even doing the voice. :)

Gwen DeMarco: Fred, you had a part people loved. I mean, my TV Guide interview was six paragraphs about my BOOBS and how they fit into my suit. No one bothered to ask me what I do on the show.
Fred Kwan: You were... the umm, wait a minute, I'll think of it...
Gwen DeMarco: I repeated the computer, Fred

Believe it or not, for me the most powerful moment of the movie is when Quellec (sp?) dies in Alexander's arms. It actually brings tears to my eyes when Alexander recites the line he loathes to say.

However one of the best "gags"---

"You guys came! Who wants the grand tour?"

AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

Kevin

I absolutely adore Galaxy Quest. One of my favorite moments is when Guy freaks out about the fact that he's going to die. "WHAT'S MY NAME?! YOU DON'T KNOW!" ;)

2 favs of mine both are from sigorney.

when she sees the Gnashers for the first time and she says "well screw that"

but we all know what she really said!

and then when she says she has only one job and that is to repeat the computer "OKAY!"

-Z

Glad to see I am not alone with my adoration for this movie.

Lots of great stuff..... I'd have to watch it again to find one that hasn't been posted!

Guy Fleegman: Hey guys, there's a red-thingy moving toward the green-thingy.
Jason Nesmith: What?
Guy Fleegman: Red-thingy moving toward the green-thingy. I think we're the green-thingy.

Sir Alexander Dane: You broke the ship. You broke the bloody ship.

and my personal favorite!

gq_014FredGel.jpg

Fred kwan: That was a hell of a thing... What's wrong with them?
Jason Nesmith: I dunno, come on I'll show you around.

Hell, just all of Tech Sgt. Chen's mannerisms during the movie is funny as hell.

Well, the Protector got super-accelerated coming out of the black hole and just, like, nailed the atmosphere at Mach 15, which you guys know is pretty unstable, obviously, so we're gonna help Laredo guide it on the vox ultra-frequency carrier and use Roman candles for visual confirmation.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back