Galaxy’s Edge Millennium Falcon—Is it Full Size?

Using the pics above and a little Photoshop work, I've created a rough reference image showing how tall Solo would be (approximately) in relation to the GE Falcon.

View attachment 1273011
No offense, but those pictures don't prove or disprove anything since there's quite a bit perspective in the photo. Han Solo clearly has no eyes or face for us to know if this is a correct correlation.

I would still lay money on it being the same scale as the soundstage prop. Maybe they altered the landing gear height slightly for some reason but I'll bet the ship itself is around 82 feet long.

Consider that Artoo is not straight vertical when he's rolling like that. The legs and the body are both angled a bit. That would probably lower its top at least an inch or two. The error in the size of the Han Solo outline starts there.

Then add on the fact that 6'1" was Harrison's natural height. (His exact 1970s size got some scrutiny during those discussions about how short the new Han Solo actor was.) Between the visible heels on his boots, and maybe a bit of hair height, he's probably appearing to be more like 6'3" in the set photos.

Now the Harrison image cutout size would getting close to the on-set pics from ANH. I don't think it's likely that Disney would build their big theme park mockup just slightly bigger than the soundstage prop. Maybe it ended up with slight variations for practical reasons (customary vs metric designs, etc) but they probably sat down with the intention of making it the same size.

Last edited:
Okay ... so I went to the Google Maps satellite view for both US parks. Only the Walt Disney World version currently shows the Falcon, which was just the overall framework at the time. I zoomed in as close as I could and took a screen shot, being careful to include the distance scale legend at lower right. I took the screen shot into Photoshop and marked, as closely as I could, the longitudinal center line of the framework and drew a line between the ends of the mandibles. Then I copied the distance scale reference to a new layer, rotated it to match the rotation of the framework, and placed copies of it, end-to-end, along the center line. The tick marks overlap pretty precisely. I saved this as a .PSD, opened it in Adobe Illustrator, and divided the front 20-foot tick mark into 20 equal sections, colored green.

Going from this, IF the 20-font scale reference is accurate, I'd say the framework measures out to between 92- and 93-feet along the center line. I would imagine the completed set piece would add a little additional length, possibly offset by the limits on precision imposed by the quality of the image.

What do you think, sirs?

Galaxy's Edge Falcon Size v3.0.jpg

One thing to note in the mockup that I did was that I forgot to tilt the Solo outline. Because it's perfectly vertical it throws the comparison off a little, making Solo seem a bit taller in comparison to the bottom of the Falcon than he really is.

I have it on good authority that the Galaxy's Edge prop is 95 feet long. (but that's all I'm gonna say, I've probably written a book worth of posts on the subject of the Falcon's scale alone...)

I have it on good authority that the Galaxy's Edge prop is 95 feet long. (but that's all I'm gonna say, I've probably written a book worth of posts on the subject of the Falcon's scale alone...)

Well, that surprises me for sure.

98 feet would be exactly in the middle between 82 and 114 feet. Maybe that's what they were going for when they picked the size.

I would still lay money on it being the same scale as the soundstage prop. Maybe they altered the landing gear height slightly for some reason but I'll bet the ship itself is around 82 feet long.

Consider that Artoo is not straight vertical when he's rolling like that. The legs and the body are both angled a bit. That would probably lower its top at least an inch or two. The error in the size of the Han Solo outline starts there.

Then add on the fact that 6'1" was Harrison's natural height. (His exact 1970s size got some scrutiny during those discussions about how short the new Han Solo actor was.) Between the visible heels on his boots, and maybe a bit of hair height, he's probably appearing to be more like 6'3" in the set photos.

Now the Harrison image cutout size would getting close to the on-set pics from ANH. I don't think it's likely that Disney would build their big theme park mockup just slightly bigger than the soundstage prop. Maybe it ended up with slight variations for practical reasons (customary vs metric designs, etc) but they probably sat down with the intention of making it the same size.
Don't forget some of Artoo's angled appearance is mitigated by the camera (me) is not shooting him head on but from above him.

For what it's worth, that sounds like it would mesh well with my measurements of the framework on Google Maps a few posts above. Certainly the finished set-piece would extend outward a bit from the framework itself. That, coupled with an inherent degree of imprecision in the measurements I made, could easily account for an additional two-and a half to three feet of overall length.

SSB

Galaxy’s edge was incredible! They did a great job removing you from reality. I must have spent a good hour looking over the Falcon. At one point I asked an employee to go through the barrier and stand next to the ramp for scale. He said they were very strict about going up to the ship and even employees weren’t allowed.

Rise of the Resistance is the BEST ride I’ve ever been on. I just wish I could have gotten more pictures, but you go through so fast and are wrapped up in all the action I kinda forgot about getting more pictures. It’s huge in scale and detail.

I couldn’t possibly post all the pictures I took.

873C00B7-AD4B-4210-B4EB-1BFD5F9921FF.jpeg

3C84E71E-63EB-47E5-B18E-83621699955B.jpeg

326CDF89-D6D5-43B6-BB3B-B456D8864F6B.jpeg

E6D90B2B-409C-4417-B9CB-02B416FF65F6.jpeg

F2A4FDAB-E895-4DE0-95BC-03A3A225D2A9.jpeg

033A9F82-216E-4B1E-AFE1-E0E7ADB781A8.jpeg

Some interior pictures. Too bad about the exit signs. The ride itself was awesome. On our first time through, my son and I were in the front seats piloting. He steered left/right and I was up/down and hyperdrive. We thought the ride was pretty mild. The next time through we were in the next row back as gunners. The two pilots up front were flying into everything and the ride was much rougher. We didn’t realize how much control guests actually have over the ride experience.

F67ADB8A-3BBA-40B3-8482-E5B2B012613B.jpeg

C1AACEEC-23DE-427C-B05E-B0163020B211.jpeg

B975F53E-5D83-4927-A502-781E624BF094.jpeg

08ACB4B6-3475-4DE2-8C99-778FC03865FE.jpeg

46A965FD-E420-4460-8EBF-D75EFBEF38D0.jpeg

14893D9B-7560-4A21-9AFC-8B665D555F4F.jpeg

907B20EC-EDF9-48B9-8871-16DAFE34C41B.jpeg

Some Rise of the Resistance pictures. Again, I wish I would have gotten more. The hangar bay was HUGE and the stormtroopers appeared to be static figures. The open docking port into space was incredible. There was also a tie fighter docked on the wall that appeared to be smaller than full size but the forced perspective made it look far away. There were other stormtroopers throughout the ride that appeared to be anamatronic. There were video characters along with live actors. The queue line was full of great detail and things to look at. I only wish I would have gotten some pictures of the two “full sized” AT-ATs the ride brings you under.

C7980AAC-991F-4A83-8EAB-55B641AC02B8.jpeg

6EC8B05C-6CCB-4C8E-A330-73A04644E085.jpeg

0EE42726-18F4-48D9-936D-186FA1487E7D.jpeg

BAEE53DD-0950-4591-83D6-17212DFFDEB5.jpeg

3D822A8F-8F04-49B5-9B6C-70CB750D3941.jpeg

226B0C17-801D-40E2-9C7C-57A0917220FB.jpeg

96E401C3-E8C0-4582-AC77-6B77B9B5ED1A.jpeg

74218221-C000-4A82-BF45-C389B1944A59.jpeg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back