Galaxy’s Edge Millennium Falcon—Is it Full Size?

I think it is giving the illusion of sitting lower because the Disney one has land gear doors open and showing. Which don't seem to be apparent on any of the movie scenes. I know that throws it off for me because you barely see the gear. Just the feet. The disney park falcons landing doors are so oversized they would have to fold over each other to close.

The disney park falcons landing doors are so oversized they would have to fold over each other to close.

Possible! It’s hard to tell though because they have that “dovetail” cutout in them.
8695DF3F-C50B-44CF-B08F-2AE59A79528B.jpeg

What I find interesting is how closely they followed some details,like the motorcycle parts in the center rear of the engine deck,but then totally omitted the 3 tank decks. It does look like it’s closer to the ground. I wonder if it makes weight distribution require less steel supports, or lower for closer ‘interaction’ and pictures. Overall I think it looks great and can’t wait to see it in person. I’ll probably cry as I did get misty when I met Chewy!

I'm okay with the size but I do have a few nits:

1. Sidewalls look a little tall.
2. Sidewall details are mirrored on the port side. Wrongo. The greeblies were never the same on both sides.
3. These rather prominent details are missing:

Attachments

• sw028.jpg
    sw028.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 184
  • 54236824_10218927584449266_4039226968758026240_n.jpg
    54236824_10218927584449266_4039226968758026240_n.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 171
I'm okay with the size but I do have a few nits:

1. Sidewalls look a little tall.
2. Sidewall details are mirrored on the port side. Wrongo. The greeblies were never the same on both sides.
3. These rather prominent details are missing:

Which Falcon are you comparing it to? I think that they based the GE Falcon on the Falcon from the sequel so some of the details might not match that of any of the OT Falcons and that's assuming the shooting models and "full sized" exteriors were all the same.

The detail in the pictures I attached has been on every model and "full" size set, including the sequels.
Every port mandible that's been seen (sometimes it hasn't been) has been different from the starboard mandible of the same model.

Last edited:
'Height off the ground' is not much of an issue with me. The landing gear vertically drop and could be any height desired- it is not like some gear which swing down and need to 'lock' , and even those have some flexibility to absorb impacts.

Even though it is a smaller than full scale like every set prop built for filming it would be great to stand next to it and see it in person- hopefully I will get a chance sometime to do that...

Last edited:
If the GE Falcon is halfway between the OT exterior & interior sets, then I call that 'full scale.'

It's arbitrary to say the OT interiors are exactly the real scale and the exteriors were wrong. It's common for Hollywood set builders to enlarge interiors just like they shrink down exteriors.

It's impossible to fit the Falcon's interiors into any size exterior, period. Rooms & hallways are at wrong angles and heights. So does that prove that all the exterior sets & models of the Falcon have been the wrong shape for 40 years?

Gary Kurtz enlarged the Falcon's cockpit interior for ESB. Lucas was not pleased about it. He had wanted the cockpit to be cramped.

The Falcon's interior sets cannot be 100% canon, period. Compromises must be made to come up with any complete version of the ship.

Screen Shot 2021-01-15 at 6.16.47 PM.png

Google Earth Pro has measurement tool and it approximates construction site to be 28meters, which is under scale of theoretical spec of 34.75m and pretty close to the movie sets made for ANH and ESB.

A separate question on this old thread - how do you read the scale of the blueprint? This is ESB set blueprint, and I don't know how to read 38"=1'0". Thanks.
img7.jpg

It means that three eights of an inch, equals one foot, zero inches full size (3/8'' = 12'', or 1'0''). The ' is used to indicate feet. The '' is used to indicate inches.

Thank goodness for drafting class in high school. :lol:

David.

It means that three eights of an inch, equals one foot, zero inches full size (3/8'' = 12'', or 1'0''). The ' is used to indicate feet. The '' is used to indicate inches.

Thank goodness for drafting class in high school. :lol:

David.
Wow thanks! I didn't know you can skip the slash and just write ⅜ like that.

A picture of the Falcon exterior from The Last Jedi. No one is entering up that ramp! I wonder if The specs are the same as the Park Falcons?
C7E53AA9-4293-4E35-956A-5EA661425D33.jpeg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back