Where is Starfleet Headquarters?

PHArchivist

Master Member
Juxtaposed to the Golden Gate Bridge...?

Northwest of the bridge?
Northeast of the bridge?
Southwest of the bridge?
Southeast of the bridge?

Is it me, or does it CHANGE in pretty much every varying Star Trek show or movie?

I thought the main buildings were southwest of the bridge and Star Fleet Academy on both south sides of the bridge.

TazMan2000

Or, I could be wrong.

starfleet-map-san-francsisco.jpg

TazMan2000

On a related note…has anyone ever pinpointed where in Golden Gate Park they filmed the “$100,000 shot” of Spock’s casket having “soft landed” on the surface of Genesis in Star Trek II?

View attachment 1773695

Did they actually film it in Golden Gate Park? I haven't been there in a long, long time, but some of the vegetation looks like it belongs in a rainforest. Unless they used prop plants...then I'd say it was filmed around the Japanese Garden.

TazMan2000

Did they actually film it in Golden Gate Park? I haven't been there in a long, long time, but some of the vegetation looks like it belongs in a rainforest. Unless they used prop plants...then I'd say it was filmed around the Japanese Garden.

TazMan2000

Yes, Golden Gate Park was the location chosen for the reshoot / insert shot. Since Nicholas Meyer refused to shoot it, Robert Sallin (producer) shot it:

“I went back to my old commercial days,” he elaborates. “I storyboarded this whole end sequence. I did a lot of it like a commercial…We shot it in (San Francisco’s) Golden Gate Park. We even added plants to make it look a little bit more exotic in terms of the foliage. I shot it and brought it back.

Yes, Golden Gate Park was the location chosen for the reshoot / insert shot. Since Nicholas Meyer refused to shoot it, Robert Sallin (producer) shot it:

“I went back to my old commercial days,” he elaborates. “I storyboarded this whole end sequence. I did a lot of it like a commercial…We shot it in (San Francisco’s) Golden Gate Park. We even added plants to make it look a little bit more exotic in terms of the foliage. I shot it and brought it back.

How about that.

TazMan2000

A little more information on the resting place of Spock’s casket…

Genesis planet location

"Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan" ends with Spock's body being shot in a sarcophagus to the surface of the Genesis Planet. Producer Robert Sallin decided to film the Genesis planet on location at Golden Gate Park in San Francisco. "We physically wrapped ivy and put in ferns where there were no ferns," he says. "We made it look like another place. I had a wind machine brought up."

IMG_2597.jpeg

Funny - ST IV was shot in Griffith Park in LA!

Well—and the Klingon Penal World (Rura Penthe) was filmed at the Bronson Canyon / Caves section of Griffith Park, as well.

If only they they knew when they filmed “Bread and Circuses”…

IMG_2607.jpeg

…that they would be filming a movie there, 25 years later.

IMG_2609.jpeg

Last edited:
A little more information on the resting place of Spock’s casket…

Genesis planet location

"Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan" ends with Spock's body being shot in a sarcophagus to the surface of the Genesis Planet. Producer Robert Sallin decided to film the Genesis planet on location at Golden Gate Park in San Francisco. "We physically wrapped ivy and put in ferns where there were no ferns," he says. "We made it look like another place. I had a wind machine brought up."

View attachment 1773697

So Spock's casket scene was filmed just east of Mallard Lake. Google Maps image captured January 2023 so it looks like Park staff have desecrated Spock's grave rather recently. :lol:

Spock's Casket Location.jpg

TazMan2000

I think HQ was out in space by itself:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back