Galaxy’s Edge Millennium Falcon—Is it Full Size?

Here’s the lightsaber I built. The pictures have some whacky optical allusion going on making it look crooked, but it’s straight as an arrow. The color crystal you select determines the color of the blade and the sound of the Sabre.
D0313E92-73D8-4C85-BAA3-AD508EAE21FB.jpeg

7574C97C-0EF5-4B80-801F-3E1C7C3DAA17.jpeg

9AACDCA9-DE98-49F5-8C4F-407FD3DC3071.jpeg

022CE484-70CA-4933-8CFC-6EB0E213965F.jpeg

643BAC6A-835B-4598-B77B-CBBFB128EE98.jpeg

A37FC3E4-8C50-477B-A7D5-E98326B07724.jpeg

7F0F3082-645F-4F98-B9C4-6BB2C5DF0AE5.jpeg

DB4F24B5-9616-4F4F-8E23-6E14D746A900.jpeg

8253E17D-B7CC-45F0-9265-3EFFF26A881A.jpeg

D470F5BD-1FA9-4881-AAE0-DBC73F8215DA.jpeg

Last edited:
Okay ... so I went to the Google Maps satellite view for both US parks. Only the Walt Disney World version currently shows the Falcon, which was just the overall framework at the time. I zoomed in as close as I could and took a screen shot, being careful to include the distance scale legend at lower right. I took the screen shot into Photoshop and marked, as closely as I could, the longitudinal center line of the framework and drew a line between the ends of the mandibles. Then I copied the distance scale reference to a new layer, rotated it to match the rotation of the framework, and placed copies of it, end-to-end, along the center line. The tick marks overlap pretty precisely. I saved this as a .PSD, opened it in Adobe Illustrator, and divided the front 20-foot tick mark into 20 equal sections, colored green.

Going from this, IF the 20-font scale reference is accurate, I'd say the framework measures out to between 92- and 93-feet along the center line. I would imagine the completed set piece would add a little additional length, possibly offset by the limits on precision imposed by the quality of the image.

What do you think, sirs?

View attachment 1273075
*My wife says I do this because I am a loon.

This is geekery at its finest, and it's awesome.

Here’s the lightsaber I built. The pictures have some whacky optical allusion going on making it look crooked, but it’s straight as an arrow. The color crystal you select determines the color of the blade and the sound of the Sabre.

Yeah, the whole ceremony thing they do is pretty neat. Very cool immersion experience.

While it’s obviously an incredible structure I kind of agree! It feels a little too PVC pipe-ish with some of the surface detail, and the paint job kind of makes it look like a blown up model and not an actual spacecraft.

While it’s obviously an incredible structure I kind of agree! It feels a little too PVC pipe-ish with some of the surface detail, and the paint job kind of makes it look like a blown up model and not an actual spacecraft.

Sort of like how they kit bashed all of the models in the OT using parts from all sort of other model kits?

When I saw it in person last year I thought that it looked quite like the real deal and even in pictures and in YouTube videos it looks like the actual "full sized" exterior to me.

Sort of like how they kit bashed all of the models in the OT using parts from all sort of other model kits?

When I saw it in person last year I thought that it looked quite like the real deal and even in pictures and in YouTube videos it looks like the actual "full sized" exterior to me.
With the exception that it sits lower to the ground than in the movies, correct?

Some Rise of the Resistance pictures. Again, I wish I would have gotten more. The hangar bay was HUGE and the stormtroopers appeared to be static figures.
A couple of stormtroopers moved their heads a little - just enough to give some semblance of life.

The open docking port into space was incredible.
It was breathtaking. I think it's best if you experience it without spoilers.

The queue line was full of great detail and things to look at.
The folks behind us in line were very patient because I was slowing the line to take multiple photos of as many individual wall greeblies as I could get.

I only wish I would have gotten some pictures of the two “full sized” AT-ATs the ride brings you under.
We were moving too fast for photos. At the end I just had to put the camera down and enjoy the ride.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back