Limited Run === G R A F L E X === Flashgun Gen.2 ... now taking PRE-ORDERS!!! New Pics Oct. 5

Re: === G R A F L E X === Flashgun ... NOW SHIPPING!!!

Roman! After working 8 hours in the shop and then 6 hours behind the bar, I got home to find both my Graflex had arrived. I've owned other graflex replicas before, and these are much superior construction. I'm super psyched to finish these. Can't wait for the MPP. Thanks again!

I just wanted to post a thank you to Roman for his new Graflex replica. I just received one via the Junkyard (Thanks Scottjua!) and have to say I love it! Considering what Roman had to go through to get this produced, it's really extremely well done. I don't understand the fact that there were some negative comments on this one but to each his own... My only remaining original is done in ESB style (my favorite version) but I had to get one since I want to do an ANH version. I didn't have much interest in the TFA version but think I'll get another one and do it up that way 'cause it's just so nice! Thank you Roman for everything and look forward to more new stuff in the future!

Anyone have the TFA conversion kit yet? I'd like to see how the clamp card adds up to Roys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My TFA kit is in the country but not with me yet! Will let you know.

Anyone have the TFA conversion kit yet? I'd like to see how the clamp card adds up to Roys

I got mine the other day, I personally don't like it as it's entirely silver on a cloudy greenish card, I expected it to be brass. Fits perfect though

I got mine the other day, I personally don't like it as it's entirely silver on a cloudy greenish card, I expected it to be brass. Fits perfect though

Hmm, I might just get one of Roys if he gets the fit right. The ones he currently has are a bit too thick. It's Roman's grips I'm after too. I've already messed up the ones I got from Roy's conversion kit, so Roman's pre notched ones are the way to go for me.

Hmm, I might just get one of Roys if he gets the fit right. The ones he currently has are a bit too thick. It's Roman's grips I'm after too. I've already messed up the ones I got from Roy's conversion kit, so Roman's pre notched ones are the way to go for me.

Yeah I'd like to get one of Roys, not sure how much it's gonna cost me being in the UK though.
Romans grips are great, installed mine today and they're so much better than my old rubber ones, I did go over them with some steel wool though to soften the appearance of them a bit

Yeah I'd like to get one of Roys, not sure how much it's gonna cost me being in the UK though.
Romans grips are great, installed mine today and they're so much better than my old rubber ones, I did go over them with some steel wool though to soften the appearance of them a bit

Pictures of roman's grips?? I'm trying to make up my mind who to go with. I like the option of Roman's being pre-cut.

Jediscum I was thinking this exact same thing. I got Roy's and now that I have cut them I'm not very happy with myself. There are a few gashes from where I sanded too much. I'm thinking I'll get some of Roman's grips

Last edited by a moderator:

Pictures of roman's grips?? I'm trying to make up my mind who to go with. I like the option of Roman's being pre-cut.

I'll try and take some tomorrow when I have some daylight. Being pre-cut is great, only issue I had with them was that as they're hard plastic there was a bit of a texture or something on them (hard to explain but they didn't look as smooth as I'd like) and they have very sharp clean cut edges so I just went over them with some steel wool to soften them up and they look great now, looks like rubber but much more solid/durable!

I just got tracking for my graflex and TFA conversion kit!!!

I just hope that my belt clip, clamp card, and clamp cover come from Roy in time to build this up asap.

A big hand to Roman for getting through so many orders relatively quickly!

Last edited:

Not the best photos, but here's a few. The bottom half, grips, screws, kobold and card are all Romans.

IMG_20170115_141807.jpg
IMG_20170115_141905.jpg
IMG_20170115_141827.jpg

I'm not well informed on grip accuracy but I think those look awesome, especially with the fact that they are pre-cut!

All,

As mine is due to land any day now, could you advise the grade of Scotch bright pad I need for a bit of buffing up, in particular to take the shine off the stamped cap.

Many thanks.

Mine didn't need any buffing whatsoever, so you may not need to do anything.

I was gonna ask the same thing, I have a feeling my delivery will be this week, was planning to aquire tools and materials but i guess il just wait and see what turns up! hearing good things about the finish from you guys!

Anticipation of recieving something i ordered last feb is kicking in big time!

All,

As mine is due to land any day now, could you advise the grade of Scotch bright pad I need for a bit of buffing up, in particular to take the shine off the stamped cap.

Many thanks.

Received mine 2 days ago, finally got to really take a look at it last night (and covert it to an ANH saber). The finish is amazing. That being said, I have a spot or two on my clamp, close to theirs that is discolored, but I find of like the look of it. Natural weathering. There are also machine marks up by the emitter, but again, nothing that makes me balk at the overall amazing quality of this replica flash. The red button and glass eye were INSANELY tight, and I couldn't get them undone by hand, I had to wrap them with tape and use some players to get them out, but it did work. Overall a beautiful replica flash. I really might by a second one and keep it as a flash as originally intended.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back