Futuristic helmet concepts for working jetpack

Hacksaw44

Hey guys, been a member here for a long time and read read read. This stuff is amazing. I am wanting to build a suit for my two working rocketbelts and want something really wild and futuristic. Like Tron, Halo, or the like. I have a a few pictures off of the web and was wondering if I should make it a pep file then make it to fit on a helmet or should I sculpt it then pull molds. I need the helmet for safety reasons but nothing I find suits me as far as over the counter stuff. So I will make my own. Probably get a skydiving helmet then go from there. Any help would be great like someone to design one then make it a pep file, suggestions for sculpting also. I do make-up and effects and need some ideas. These are a few. kischi_ff_helmstudy02.jpg19205627abe8be67a79ba30539792b3d.jpg20130215_511ef9c63695c.jpgdb-helmet-concepts1.jpgdb-helmet-concepts2.jpghelmet_concept_scribble_by_thompson46-d5jrozc.jpg

Here is my video :
Rocketbelt flight test 3 - YouTube

I would also suggest looking into some helmets from the Mass effect series, specifically the cerberus troops. They are pretty nice and futuristic... although you are taking a risk making your own helmet if you are expecting it to keep you safe. ;)

Good luck!

Yep got to be safe. Probably mold it over a existing helmet. Don't want it big and bulky though. I will check into the ones you suggested.

Totally agree with the comments use a safety helmet as a base and test out a build first , some chemicals can damage the surface , so take extreme care you are talking about your life here, and fall from a height above 10ft, if you land on your head, without a helmet is very dangerous . By all means make a suit and add additions to a helmet , but double check the strength and durability always!!

God what I'd give for a 'JB' rocket belt !!! I could never afford it !!! sooo jealous !!!

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back