Fusion furnace

Need to do a bit more weathering but here it is so far
20231107_183430.jpg
20231107_183334.jpg
20231107_103604.jpg
20231107_101457.jpg
20231107_102353.jpg

For the connector points on the upper base for the corrugated wires I used welding screw bases and rubber grommets. They just screw onto the headless screws I installed.
20231104_215325.jpg
20231105_012751.jpg
20231105_012817.jpg
20231105_012828.jpg
20231107_003553.jpg

I've enhanced the screengrab image of the connector as much as I can; to me; the right section can't be anything much other than a BNC plug.
I've not managed to find a similar adapter yet; I think?? I probably have one, but it's a decade or more since I used them,

The one I've found so far is on a square body rather than the round style, but you can see how the outline matches, with the knurled ring, narrower section with the grooves for the bayonet pins on the socket, and plain ring at the lip:

Connector.jpg

Connector_2.png

I hope this is some use if you do any future updates?

I've enhanced the screengrab image of the connector as much as I can; to me; the right section can't be anything much other than a BNC plug.
I've not managed to find a similar adapter yet; I think?? I probably have one, but it's a decade or more since I used them,

The one I've found so far is on a square body rather than the round style, but you can see how the outline matches, with the knurled ring, narrower section with the grooves for the bayonet pins on the socket, and plain ring at the lip:

View attachment 1759749

View attachment 1759750

I hope this is some use if you do any future updates?
Yeah I agree. I did look at those just wasn't sure and I had a deadline. But yes will definitely update that. Thank you very much for your help

The clear connectors for the clear tubes with copper coils are from an acrylic rod I cut up and dremmeled out the holes. My wife glowforged the clear rings on the back end. They're gorilla glued in place.
20231105_211629.jpg
20231106_022022.jpg

Its a bummer to have to ship it off today. Its the first big project my wife and I worked on from start to finish. Its got some sentimental value. If anyone is in Texas you'll be able to see it at the Dark side brick oven pizza co.

The bottom of this thing looks insane. Unfortunately right when I was about to put the first coat of paint on I noticed the layers of acrylic separating. I about lost it because it took a lot of work to get it to that point. The only solution I could think of that would secure this thing was to put in permanent clamps to keep it from spreading if that was even going to happen. I used 8x32 screws and some steel chicago type screw bases to achieve what I needed. Once that was done all the way around, I had to fill all the holes which really killed me trying to meet my deadline. In the end I was able to meet the deadline.
20231101_025554.jpg
20231102_003640.jpg
20231104_215406.jpg

Its a bummer to have to ship it off today. Its the first big project my wife and I worked on from start to finish. Its got some sentimental value. If anyone is in Texas you'll be able to see it at the Dark side brick oven pizza co.
So this was a commission build or do you simply put it up on display there?

Was hoping to get my hands on it ;)

It

Was a commission build.

It was a commission build. Unfortunately sort of a rush job. Wish I could have spent more time. On it but we have 3 more we have to build so we'll dial those in as accurate as possible.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back