Deprecated FULL SIZE Alien Warrior head. (banned)

Re: FULL SIZE Alien Warrior head.

anyone heard directly from marty, have emailed with no reply regarding my refund.

I heard from him through the eBay account - he's trying to fix the head that was to be sent to me about two weeks ago. Messaged him via eBay yesterday for an update, no reply as yet.

Still not heard a thing back from the eBay account. I'd really like to have all of this resolved - it's been a year and five months now.

On the 2nd of June, received word from the eBay account that Marty was hoping to have it worked out in the next few days - as he said himself "If it looks like its taking too long or is impossible, I'll figure out a way to refund the money."

Yesterday, the 15th of June he told me there was a problem with a cast that was supposed to go to me. It will take some extra work, but he's trying to get the last few heads out the door. I've asked him for some pics to see the state of play. Hoping I'll have the pride of my collection soon.

well i guess at least you have heard from him, i have not had anything back. getting ***ked off with this now having to keep chasing for my money. i payed jan 4th 2013.
this sucks.

I've texted him, emailed him and eBay messaged him asking for pictures to show what's wrong with the head. No reply to any of them just yet.

My patience has about run out.

I sent this guy Pms last June asking about prices and stuff on this as I wanted to pick one up..he got back to me twice saying he had 2 extra casts that were Not painted that he could have shipped out to me ASAP .I never got back to him ( I was busy with work and other stuff) and never realized he messages me back..now I'm glad I didn't pay for this.

Well guys - it gets worse. I didn't think it could, but it has.

The head that needed a lot of work, that was supposed to go to me? It's now FOR SALE ON EBAY. How do I know? He told me it would be the last one sold. And that's *exactly* what the description says on eBay.

Auction Aliens Alien Warrior Head Bust Full Size Kit | eBay

For the past few months, Marty had been sending me pics of a head that was almost finished. Where did that one go? To a poster here, but who bought it on eBay. I compared the pictures, and while they were different photos, they were of the same head. I won't name the buyer/fellow RPF'er as that would be unfair but can send details if anyone wants to PM me - just to show what rubbish Marty has been sending me; to be clear, I have no problems with the buyer. At the eleventh hour, just as it should have been sent to me, he claimed the paint had 'fallen off' and he needed to work on it - to just give him a few days. That was THREE weeks ago. Judging by those pictures, he never even started it.

So, the pictures he posted on page 16 of this very thread claiming he cast me a new one? He sold it, along with at least three others if you check his eBay feedback. He's more than recouped the money I sent him.

Everyone should know what this guy is doing.

Marty - you have lied to me, and you have $650 worth of MY MONEY. Refund it now - no more excuses.

Last edited:

And he also logged in 6 days ago, never posted here. I wonder why? And as I have nothing to lose at this stage - last message I got from Marty through eBay

Dear pnag,

Sure, there was a problem with a cast that was supposed to go to you. Its just going to take some extra work, but im trying to get these last few heads out the door. Yours will be the last one sold, actually.

- chilipeppergirl_again

Last edited:

Just had a phone call from Marty (returning my call - not sure he expected to find it was me, but that's conjecture.)

He's promised to return my money by Friday. We shall see.

hope you get your refund peter, enough is enough mate being given the run around. he still owes me $245 from my refund, but he's not replying to any of my emails. maybe he hopes i'll just go away.

Six hour time zone difference between me and Marty - so I expect my refund via PayPal from about 3pm my time on today. Should only take him 2 minutes.

[Long post alert]

Hey guys...

Well, where to begin? On the phone on Monday (23rd June) Marty had said Friday for the refund. He mentioned he didn't necessarily have $400 USD kicking around but he would do his best. I corrected him that it's $640 (actually think it's $645, but hey...) He said the Giger head would be going to moulding this weekend - I said "Thanks but no thanks, I really need the money." He said, "Sure, I hear ya, been there." (Incidentally, that very Giger head has been for sale on eBay for weeks now - keeps getting relisted. What if someone bought it before the weekend..?)

Anyway, at 12:13pm my time on Friday 27th, or 6:13 am for Marty, I got the following email -

"We're prepared to refund your money today, but there is one thing to consider. The head is being remolded right now. The materials have been ordered and we should have a fresh pull within a week. Yours was apparently written off as having been shipped for some reason and so the head was sold on ebay. I was sure yours was taken care of months ago. I suppose you can either wait on the new cast, or bid on the unpainted kits being offered on Ebay (prep and paint is $200 extra for the ones offered there. If you're looking at the one being offered now, its the damaged, unpainted kit that the mold had to be cut off of, which took chunks of the head with it. Several had been made identically and I just grabbed a shot of a finished head to show what they look like fully finished.

Ive made around 50 of these over the past couple of years, one was bound to slip through the cracks. Im sorry it happened to you, but im wiling to go the extra mile to make it up to you if you let me."

I must say - I like the "We're prepared..." bit.

Oh, and the "made around 50 of these over the past couple of years" bit. How many of us got the heads we paid for, though? I know of at least two other posters here left in the lurch, no communication from Marty. All it would take is a call or email to explain what's going on...

Anyway - I replied, told him that given my wife's accident a few months back I needed the money, gave him my PayPal address just for clarity and reminded him it was $640 USD. I should have pointed out this was the THIRD time he'd promised me a head, that I'd somehow slipped through the cracks again (hmmm...), but it seems like it would be a waste of words at this point.

Eventually, after a couple of texts asking what was going on as hours later I'd not heard anything, I got a mail at 2:35am my time, informing me he "can send $150 tonight. I have $200 to my name, total. I'll make sure you get your money back as I sell off my possessions on Ebay, but its not possible for it to happen overnight." I got the notification of $150 to my PayPal shortly after.

Maybe Marty really is in financial need. I don't know. Part of me doesn't want to know as he's promised to fix things twice before, and promised a refund Friday, which translated to less that 25% of the amount he owes me. I've texted him today, and I quote

"Okay - thanks for that, it's a start, but I'm in dire need of money here too. Can we come up with a rough schedule? I'm taking a lot on trust here - that wasn't even 25%?"

No reply as yet - yes, he could be busy.

I'm human. I know things can get out of hand, jobs can be lost, accidents can happen (God, do I know that one) - I've dealt personally and with others dealing with depression. I know things can get really dark.

Would I leave someone hanging when they're in need? Not say what was going on? When I've messed them around twice before, and left them waiting a year and a half?

Never.

The last text I sent last night, at 11:50pm, having heard nothing else all day was "What's going on?" No anger, no name calling. Just a question.

The reply I got was "I sent an email and 150. I'm broke is what's going on." (I received the text after the email, at 2:45am my time.)

Sold 50 heads. Happily took my (and others) money. Offered to make it up to me (if I'l let him (!) ) three times, and I actually agreed, and trusted him, twice. Well, now I'm the one in need.

I'm sure Marty will think I'm dragging his reputation into question. I'm not. I'm stating the facts. I'm sick and tired of this. I admired his work - hell, the couple of heads I saw produced that got to the customers looked *amazing*, and boy did I want one. Now I just feel sick and disappointed.

I'm out of words right now. Rant over guys. Thanks for listening, and sorry for the long post :)

Last edited:

Peter,

I think you have been more than patient in this whole ordeal. I've watched this thread go from an awesome project to a train wreck of epic proportions. It saddens me as I was one of the early recipients of the heads, and Marty's work is top notch and should be enjoyed by Alien fans.

But in my opinion, you've quite obviously been given the shaft--for whatever reason. Illness, financial issues, absentmindedness...whatever. It doesn't matter. You (and others) paid, and no product was delivered. I think you are wise to proceed with caution at this point with any promises of follow through on delivery of product. You've given him the opportunity to do so more times than you should have, and have nothing to show for it. I see no reason to expect anything different from this point forward. Hopefully you are able to recoup your total investment, and I hope the same for the others who also are in your same boat.

It's just a bad situation all the way around. The fact that heads were being sold on eBay and in the Junkyard while people who had already paid were still left hanging is just inexcusable.

I hope there's a relatively happy ending in this for all involved.

Last edited:

To quote Rylo from a couple of other threads:

"Life" gets in the way of cutting the grass and waking the dog to for a walk. It is never an excuse to skip common decency once you've entered into a business transaction with someone else. Funny how "Life" never stops one from taking another person money.

"Life" does not supersede common decency or expunge one of their responsibilities.

--

There really is no excuse not to be able to reach out and give a 10 second PM or courtesy email just to say, "Hey, I'm gonna be out of pocket over the next few days; catch up soon."

...I've returned PMs and provided shipping updates from funerals and hospitals. I suppose I just don't believe that a few curve balls is an excuse to fall off the grid leaving people to wonder. I empathize with anyone's misfortune; I just no longer accept it as a catch all excuse for failure to communicate in a decent amount of time.

I wish just once someone would own a ****-up and go, "My bad; I've been in the weeds, I have no excuse and I'll try and do better and earn your trust...Instead, we almost always get, flood, famine, pestilence and/or the ever popular, "The dingo ate my baby."

Simply put. There's no excuse for poor communication, EVER. Falling off the grid for a week due to an emergency. Sure, but for two months!? A coma is really the only excuse.

Cheers, Scott. Thanks for your honesty and support in this. I know it sounds corny, but it means a lot to me, and takes away some of the disappointment I've had with Marty to know there are decent people out there.

Well, Marty has sold the head that he had said he would work on for me for $208.01. That's a day *after* he sent me $150. I've asked him for even a cut of it, and no reply so far.

No problem...yes there are still decent people out there! But it can be quite difficult (at least it is for me) to remember that when the bad ones seem to make the most impact.

From what I've read on the way-too-numerous other threads about sellers failing to deliver, it seems as if the most persistent members are the ones that have the highest likelihood of getting their money back. So don't give up. Keep pushing. And of course let us all know is there's anything we can do to help.

Last edited:

Well, a day later and no reply from Marty at all. I'm sure he's thinking I've been bothering him with a text a day, but I want communication and even a rough timeline of payback. That's not a lot to ask from some one who has almost $500 of my money.

If he doesn't? Well, let's just say I have a few ideas.

Update - another $125 today. I'm hoping he'll make good with the rest when he can as I could do with it right now. So that's $365 to go.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back