Deprecated FULL SIZE Alien Warrior head. (banned)

Re: FULL SIZE Alien Warrior head.

And here we go, the finished product!
DSC01999.jpg

$450+ shipping for that?? ******** I wish I had cash available. Awesome deal IMO

Whoops, forgot to mention:

There will only be five produced before the molds are scrapped. One is spoken for so there are 4 left.

And thanks for the compliments on the piece guys! You wont be dissapointed:)

Ok, I have 2 delivered, one in transit to Australia, one on the bench for a paint job, and the molds being prepped for one more.
I'll go ahead and make 2 more kits or one more finished head. Here's some pics from the last head pulled:

DSC02331.jpg

DSC02325.jpg

DSC02329.jpg

DSC02328.jpg

Oh, forgot to mention: Im using a new mineral impregnated resin thats much harder and "crisper" than normal urethane. Great stuff!

If you're interested I'd ask for extra padded shipping. When my head arrived in germany it was simply wrapped in paper - no padding at all. The jaw was broken off. Swanpdonkey didn't reply or excuse. The head is nice though.

If you're interested I'd ask for extra padded shipping. When my head arrived in germany it was simply wrapped in paper - no padding at all. The jaw was broken off. Swanpdonkey didn't reply or excuse. The head is nice though.

Was this a raw cast or finished head? If this was a finished head then this is a MAJOR deal since there is a ton of work involved in securing the jaw to the head. All the heads are jam packed with packing paper until nothing moves, eliminating any chance of breakage. Ive tossed them down our stairs just to make sure they would survive.

If this was a raw cast, the jaw is SUPPOSED to be separate from the head, this is a kit (even if its just two pieces.

WHen was I contacted by you about a broken jaw? If you contacted me and I didnt respond, please dig up the messages so I (and all of us) can confirm this. I take any complaint seriously and certainly wouldnt blow off something like this.

Thanks,
Marty

Edit: I found our conversation and you didnt mention anything about damage, or inadequate packaging. Why would you post this?

Last edited:

Because I send you a pm regardiong this issue and you never replied :-/ I don't have the pm no more as it's over a year old I think. You glued the lower jaw to the foam and wrapped the head in brown packing paper - the jaw broke off during shipping. As I said, the head is nice, you just should take care that it'll arrive safe.

Because I send you a pm regardiong this issue and you never replied :-/ I don't have the pm no more as it's over a year old I think. You glued the lower jaw to the foam and wrapped the head in brown packing paper - the jaw broke off during shipping. As I said, the head is nice, you just should take care that it'll arrive safe.

The last PM I have from you is from 10/13/11 and reads:

"The address is fine, that's where I live and I just got a parcel from the states yesterday. Could you please pm me the tracking number of the 2nd try?"

I remember this one in particular because it was sent back to me, and I had to resend it.
If the jaw broke off, thats a legit complaint and you should raise hell about it. Did you get some pics of this? Ive never had anything break during shipping, or atleast nothing reported as such.
Please understand Im not trying to be a jerk about this, or calling you a liar, I just honestly do not have any PMs from you regarding this problem. But I will take your advice and pay special attention to the packaging.

Lol, no I don't think you're calling me a liar. I do not want to derail your sale thread, just a hint to avoid problems like this in the future. I can send you pics if you want to but I don't think it's necessary as I do not want a refund or anything.
The problem was that the jaw isn't closed, it's open and the glue/foam just broke apart as the stress on the lower jaw was too high. Foam between the jaws/around the head area would have been better.

But to make it clear: it's a great head, very nice paintjob - you'll be happy with yours :)

Lol, no I don't think you're calling ne a liar. I do not want to derail your sale thread, just a hint to avoid problems like this in the future. I can send you piks if you want to but I don't think it's necessary as I di bot want a refund ir anything.
The problem was that the jaw isn't closed, it's open and the glue/foam just broke apart. Fiam between/around the head area would have been better.

But to make it clear: it's a great head, very nice paintjob - you'll be happy with yours :)

Ah, well thanks, im really glad you were happy with the head. I'll take your advice and beef up the jaw attachment on the one on the bench right now, as well as any in the future. Any feedback is welcome:)

To all reading this thread, if you ever have a similar issue, contact me either privately or publicly (in an open thread) and we will resolve any issue. I have no problem completely replacing a head or giving a full refund if you are not satisfied.

Class act, Marty. :thumbsup

For the record, very happy with my head. Perfectly well packed for a kit version and made it to Australia without trouble. For a painted buildup, I guess foam between the jaws would help. But I've had Weta props arrive with damage, so you just never know.

Anything left? I have a friend who may be interested in a kit.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back